ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Cargo Space

Notices

Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #1
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Givi Easylock Bags for 300

Dunno' if these will be sold in the US or not, but a couple of different places show that these will sell in Canada and Europe. Would be handy!

http://www.aviciouscycle.ca/mainpage...productid=7171
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:53 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

They look great!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #3
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
They look great!
I think so too. If they're not too awful spendy, I may have to grab these when they get here. Which, by the way, Givi confirmed would happen. Below is my correspondence with them:

These items should be available in the U.S. later in the year.

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:22 PM
To: info@giviusa.com
Subject: Contattaci

GIVI Srl / http://www.giviusa.com
Ricevuta richiesta di contatto

Dati inviati dal sito:

Nazione: US
Motivo: Informazioni commerciali
Messaggio:

"Hello, I own a Ninja 300, and have seen on your international sites that you offer several products for my bike abroad, but not in the US. Are you planning to bring those products to the US eventually? If not, is it possible to ship them here? I am specifically interested in the Easylock Saddlebag system and the Touring Windscreen. Thanks!"

Old May 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

They're available, but not available....... I've tried for months (since last November!) to purchase a set for my 2012 250. The mounting brackets weren't shown on the GIVI U.S. website, but they do carry them and have them in stock. The problem is the cases, which are on some weird permanent perpetual backorder. BTW, the part number for the cases has changed. The new part number for the cases is 3D600.
Kevin1956 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #5
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

UPDATE: Called GIVI this morning, and now they tell me they no longer sell retail online or by phone. They suggested I call Twisted Throttle. I did, and they had 1 set of the cases in stock, however not the mounting racks or mounting kit..... I called GIVI back, they have plenty of the racks and kits..... Called Twisted Throttle back again and ordered the whole schmear. The bags will be shipped today, but it may take a week for them to recieve the other parts from GIVI. They did say they would check to see if GIVI would drop ship them to me though. Hopefully I'll have it all soon. Very disappointed in GIVI, as I had been trying to get these items since November. By buying through Twisted Throttle I saved quite a bit. The price originally quoted by GIVI in November was $592.00. Through Twisted Throttle, $532.80, shipping included. I saved $59.20, and it was pretty much hassle free. I wish I had gone through them ten months ago. The part numbers for the racks and kit do not appear on GIVI USA's or Twisted Throttle's website. Ten months later they still don't. It's no wonder they had plent in stock, because people believe they aren't available in the US. Check with GIVI for availability, get the part numbers, order from Twisted Throttle.

Old May 28th, 2013, 09:02 AM   #6
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1956 View Post
UPDATE: Called GIVI this morning, and now they tell me they no longer sell retail online or by phone. They suggested I call Twisted Throttle. I did, and they had 1 set of the cases in stock, however not the mounting racks or mounting kit..... I called GIVI back, they have plenty of the racks and kits..... Called Twisted Throttle back again and ordered the whole schmear. The bags will be shipped today, but it may take a week for them to recieve the other parts from GIVI. They did say they would check to see if GIVI would drop ship them to me though. Hopefully I'll have it all soon. Very disappointed in GIVI, as I had been trying to get these items since November. By buying through Twisted Throttle I saved quite a bit. The price originally quoted by GIVI in November was $592.00. Through Twisted Throttle, $532.80, shipping included. I saved $59.20, and it was pretty much hassle free. I wish I had gone through them ten months ago. The part numbers for the racks and kit do not appear on GIVI USA's or Twisted Throttle's website. Ten months later they still don't. It's no wonder they had plent in stock, because people believe they aren't available in the US. Check with GIVI for availability, get the part numbers, order from Twisted Throttle.
Wow -- what a disappointment with GIVI! But glad they're on their way. Don't forget lots of pics and a thorough review when you get them.

Old May 28th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Great looking!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #8
Kevin1956
ninjette.org guru

After placing the order, I waited a few days for Twisted Throttle to send me email confirmation with the tracking numbers etc. It never came. I called back and was told they never did have the bags in stock, the person who took my order was mistaken. So, Matt at Twisted Throttle got ahold of GIVI US. The distributor is waiting for a shipment from Italy due to arrive early to mid July. GIVI told him there is no guarantee the bags will be in the shipment. So here I sit, less $532.80 in my account, waiting for something that may not come. I was given the choice of a refund or a long wait. I chose the wait, out of the hope the stuff will come from Italy. If it does, it will be dropped shipped by GIVI directly to me. This is the way GIVI does business..... They advertise the product in all the US motorcycle magazines (the bags were actually featured in one), the retailers advertise the product on their websites. Only if there is a demand will GIVI actually sell the product here. Test marketing through advertisement and retailers. Unbelievable. Wish me luck.

Old June 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #9
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

You're a patient man! The products themselves look great, so I hope it all works out.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #10
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin1956 View Post
After placing the order, I waited a few days for Twisted Throttle to send me email confirmation with the tracking numbers etc. It never came. I called back and was told they never did have the bags in stock, the person who took my order was mistaken. So, Matt at Twisted Throttle got ahold of GIVI US. The distributor is waiting for a shipment from Italy due to arrive early to mid July. GIVI told him there is no guarantee the bags will be in the shipment. So here I sit, less $532.80 in my account, waiting for something that may not come. I was given the choice of a refund or a long wait. I chose the wait, out of the hope the stuff will come from Italy. If it does, it will be dropped shipped by GIVI directly to me. This is the way GIVI does business..... They advertise the product in all the US motorcycle magazines (the bags were actually featured in one), the retailers advertise the product on their websites. Only if there is a demand will GIVI actually sell the product here. Test marketing through advertisement and retailers. Unbelievable. Wish me luck.
Yikes, that sucks. Well I do hope they finally make it!

Old June 7th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #11
rojoracing53
Fast-Guy wannabe

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja250, 2011 RM-Z250, 2004 NSR50,

MOTM - Jan '13
I feel for you and I,ll continue wait for that review like I have been since last Nov
rojoracing53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 11th, 2018, 02:52 PM   #12
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Anyone have an update on using these bags?
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote