ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old February 10th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #1
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

AFM having a special 250 race on saturdays!

Reposted from BARF:

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums...d.php?t=392286

I'm going to try to make first round, anyone else wanna join?
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

No.

Old February 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #3
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

that thread was an interesting read ...

The best part, was this vid someone posted ...

Link to original page on YouTube.

CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2012, 04:59 PM   #4
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Hi guys, it would be really nice to get some participation from you SoCal boys. If we can show numbers, perhaps there will be something bigger and better available to all of us who enjoy racing the 1/4 liter bikes. I don't want to say anything right now, but will say that numbers of racers participating won't hurt our efforts.

Hope to see you guys there to watch me take down Rexbo....again

Also, here's how the Feel Like a Pro team worked out recently Lot's of fun and whole-heartedly recommend the Mystery School for road race preparation

Link to original page on YouTube.

KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 14th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #5
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Again? When was the first time?!

Old February 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM   #6
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
POWNED!!!

Btw Rex, if Kazman is doing anywhere near 2:10s you've got a lot of work ahead of you.

Go get 'em Rex!

Old February 15th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #7
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
My most humblest of apologies Rex! I was actually writing to Josh as he posted in our AFM forums and through out the challenge that he was comin for me in my house

But for you guys with WSMC licenses from 2011, I think you guys should talk to the AFM's Paddy Shopher, she just might have a great deal for you guys who want a license. Heck, I kinda wished I had bought a license last year it's that good.

Hope to see you guys out at B-willow for our first round, and if we can get enough of us, maybe we can all talk about a potluck barbq type deal Saturday night for a Nor/So Cal introduction party! And maybe some of us can talk about some type of west coast challenge with the guys in the Northwest too!

AFM License Committee, Race Entry, Results and Points
Paddy Shopher
P.O. Box 4248
Modesto, CA 95352-4248
(209) 577-2001 voice
(866) 405-4518 fax
entry@afmracing.org This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it (e-mail)
www.AFMRacing.org

Again Rex, my most humblest of apologies, and please don't take it out on me in B-willow cuz my 2:09's I know won't stand on their own virtues.

You guys please keep me posted on how many of ya are coming so I can try and coordinate some potluck activities from the North.

Cheers,
Kaz AFM #110
aka - Eric

Old February 15th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #8
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

2:09's? Damn that's fast!

Was this in the production class?

Old February 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

don't worry, **** talking is encouraged in 250 racing

yeah thats pretty freakin quick... HMM... I gotta call up the AFM people and see if they'll honor my CVMA license for reciprocity!

I'm aiming to make buttonwillow + one round at infineon so having people who know the dealio will be nice to hang with. And yes, BBQ it up, last time at buttonwillow we got way too trashed and I made the terrible decision of sleeping outside.

Old February 16th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #10
kbryant
Area P

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Too many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazMan View Post
License Committee, Race Entry, Results and Points
Paddy Shopher
P.O. Box 4248
Modesto, CA 95352-4248
(209) 577-2001 voice
(866) 405-4518 fax
entry@afmracing.org
www.AFMRacing.org
Wow - that's a name I haven't heard for a very long time. Glad to see that Paddy is still involved with the AFM. I was a die-hard member from the mid-70s - late 80's (yes, probably before many of you were born....). Surprised to see the lap times so high. We were going much faster than that even in the 70's. AFM is a great organization and still going strong today. Lot's of fun and builds some real lifelong friends.
kbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #11
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbryant View Post
Wow - that's a name I haven't heard for a very long time. Glad to see that Paddy is still involved with the AFM. I was a die-hard member from the mid-70s - late 80's (yes, probably before many of you were born....). Surprised to see the lap times so high. We were going much faster than that even in the 70's. AFM is a great organization and still going strong today. Lot's of fun and builds some real lifelong friends.
Hi Kerry,
This is Eric Kondo. Don't know if you remember me or not as I used to race in the AFM back in the 80's on TZ 125's & 250's.

The times we are talking about are Buttonwillow, which was built after I initially retired in 1989, but I did do some <1:30 laps at Willow on my TZ250 if that makes your grade! Most of the kids have no idea what I am talking about when I discuss the good old days of the old Sears, racing at Laguna Seca with AFM, Riverside, Willow Springs, Chandler Raceway in AZ, although I did not get to ride Ontario

Good to see your name pop up here and if you are on facebook, you should drop by and say hi to Mark Homchick, Russ Norman, Darryl Lee, Howard Monise, Whitney, etc. The group is So Cal Retired Motorcycle Road Racers

I will also tell Paddy hello for you as I see her every month at the Board Meetings of which I am now a part of.

Take Care,
KazMan
aka - Eric Kondo

Old February 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM   #12
kbryant
Area P

Of course I remember you Eric. Although I was a Superbike/Open GP guy, I still associated with the AFM "Tiddler" guys...
Well you definetly missed out on running Ontario. Did many AFM sprint and 6 hours there before turning Pro. That's alot of names from the past you dug up there. Will have to visit that site and give them a ribbing. I use to see Mark quite a bit since we were both in the industry. But it's been awhile.

Although I was actually a "Norcal" guy. I remember the dread the Socal gang felt when they had to come to Sears Point. Probably as much dread as we had going to Willow. Riverside & Ontario; great. Willow, no so great; especially in Turn 9 when the wind would come up....

I did some track days at Button Willow and some Supermoto races after I stopped doing AMA/FIM races, but nothing serious. Never retired. Just don't race Pro anymore.

Hey being a member of the 1:30 club back in those days at Willow, especially on a 250 was really excellent! Funny, I think when I was racing Superbike & my TZ750 there, the fastest I ever went was a 28 or so. What is it now, like 21's or so on a 600 to be competitive!!!!!??? Almost like Sears; when the track got paved and they removed some of the bumps, those of us doing 46's weren't so special anymore. I think they do mid - high 30's now????

Thanx for saying hello to Paddy for me. Stay in touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazMan View Post
Hi Kerry,
This is Eric Kondo. Don't know if you remember me or not as I used to race in the AFM back in the 80's on TZ 125's & 250's.

The times we are talking about are Buttonwillow, which was built after I initially retired in 1989, but I did do some <1:30 laps at Willow on my TZ250 if that makes your grade! Most of the kids have no idea what I am talking about when I discuss the good old days of the old Sears, racing at Laguna Seca with AFM, Riverside, Willow Springs, Chandler Raceway in AZ, although I did not get to ride Ontario

Good to see your name pop up here and if you are on facebook, you should drop by and say hi to Mark Homchick, Russ Norman, Darryl Lee, Howard Monise, Whitney, etc. The group is So Cal Retired Motorcycle Road Racers

I will also tell Paddy hello for you as I see her every month at the Board Meetings of which I am now a part of.

Take Care,
KazMan
aka - Eric Kondo

Old February 16th, 2012, 08:04 PM   #13
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

whoa badass! geezer reunion

jk jk, big props to you guys racing in the 80s... gear, tires and bikes have come a long way since then!

Old February 16th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #14
kbryant
Area P

Quote:
whoa badass! geezer reunion

jk jk, big props to you guys racing in the 80s... gear, tires and bikes have come a long way since then!
They sure have.
I actually started in the 70's there sonny. First racebike was a 1975 Kawasaki Z1. Big power at the time. But when you put wide wheels, slicks, and big brakes on it, they would grow a hinge in the middle which always threatened to throw us down the road; and many times did......