You wear one pieces on the bicycle?
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #82
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I did it while opening a can. I hit myself with my knuckles, like a slap, but backwards. A backhand? I don't know...

Old February 25th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #83
saxnbass
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2009 CBR600rr

haha. I was confused there for a second. So you backhanded yourself opening a can? Was it at least worth the contents of the can?
saxnbass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #84
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
No...cat food.

Next time, the cat should do this.

Old February 25th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #85
jnninja250r
Qtr Ltr

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE

I was lost, on my way to the MSF course no less. Looked away from the road for a second to read the sign of an office park I was passing. Looked back and traffic had stopped only a few feet ahead of me. I was unable to completely stop and hit the car on front of me at about 10-15mph. Cop told me I should have turned half a block back. No one was injured, but I still worry what could've happened it was a motorcycle.
jnninja250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #86
bluesinorbit
ninjette.org member

Name: Joon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I guess I could do that... but some drivers might see that as a challenge and decide to race me. I usually pull away quicker than the cars, but I don't like the idea of having a car a few inches to my side keeping up with me. Has that happened to you before?
I commute on surface streets everyday and it happened twice in the last year of riding. I wouldn't worry about it though. Most people don't launch well enough to keep up with the 250R and those who drive aggressively, you just easy out of their space, usually simply by easing on the throttle or braking, and they will be more than happy to have "beaten" you and go about their douchebag business.

Because of your gender and the bike of choice, I'm sure you get your fair share of attention on the road. Just last night, I had this young couple in a Camry keep up with me. They sped off by my side with the traffic behind us and stayed in my blind-spot for a while. I squeezed the brake pretty hard to pull back from their vicinity and to clearly let them know that I do not want to be near them, but I guess they didn't get the message. At the next red light, they stopped behind me and started taking picture with flash on and all. Lane-spitting to the front of the traffic helped to get rid of them.
bluesinorbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2012, 12:03 PM   #87
Ytse Frobozz
Not dead yet!

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

I was a bad owner this winter. I did pretty much nothing but dump a shot of gas stabilizer into the tank, put a cover on it and left it outside. Apparently I didn't do a good job of lubing the chain, either, because it had surface rust on it. Annnnd I didn't put the battery on a maintainer, so it was dead. Last week it got into the 50s, so I charged the battery, used my Grunge Brush to clean the chain, lubed it, checked the tire pressure, annnnd... holy **** it started!

I will reward it this week with a brand new K&N air filter and oil filter.
Ytse Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #88
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Today I pulled out in front of a driver on a roundabout that was coming towards me. The gap between me and him was small but I would've easily had enough time to get in front of him if I brought the revs up and dropped the clutch... however there was already someone in-front of me on the roundabout, so I ended up pulling onto the roundabout and then immediately stopping behind the car in front of me leaving me in the path of this oncoming car. The oncoming car driver then had to put his brakes on to ensure he didn't hit me. He held down his horn in a big f**k you fashion to expression his feelings about my manoeuvre.

That is my confession. Good job my bike is bright green so the on-coming driver was able to see the idiot rider (me) and brake in time.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #89
iplante
I ride like a granny

Name: Isabelle

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Ninja 250R - EX250F

A few months ago I was driving down a county road in a Dodge RAM 1500 and a pheasant was standing in my lane, close to the yellow line. I noticed it from afar and had plenty of time to avoid her. But right as I was getting around her, a baby (pheasant) ran across the two lanes and ended up right under my wheel. I felt it as it got crushed.

Confession: I killed a baby pheasant right in front of its mama.
Confession 2: I cried for 15 mins afterwards.
iplante is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:19 AM   #90
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplante View Post
Confession: I killed a baby pheasant right in front of its mama.
Awww. I was so sad after hitting a pigeon right infront of his buddy he was flying with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iplante View Post
Confession 2: I cried for 15 mins afterwards.
Awww!
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #91
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

1. Went to hot into a corner, leaned a lot, hit a pothole while leaning. BIke slid under an SUV.

2. Sideswiped/ran into a turning SUV (no signal) while lane splitting.

3. F*** SUVs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #92
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I did your girlfriend, many times!

I feel better now. How do you feel?

Old September 14th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #93
Old Lemon
Lays er down

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Lime green Ninja 250R

yesterday on the highway, i was going at a faster pace than traffic like usual. and this red car gets into the fast lane (where i am) a few hundred yards in front of me. So i slow down when i get up to him and there are multiple 18 wheelers and a few other cars in the other 2 lanes. The red car was going like 5 mph faster than the other traffic so i went and changed lanes.

I past 2 18 wheelers and saw a gap between the 2nd one and the car in front of it. I went for it, i checked my shoulder to get back in the fast lane and there was the red car, i guess he sped up to try to not let me in? idk. but he was like one car length behind me and i was already leaned to get into the lane so i just went and sped away.

I gave him a wave to express my apologies for cutting him off.
Old Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 14th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #94
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

I'm nowhere near being a rider who doesn't make any mistakes, but the only "accident" my bike has suffered because of my own idiocy was from me forgetting to put the kickstand down before hopping off the bike.
It almost toppled onto another rider's GSXR750.
Lil_Green_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote