ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old May 11th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #1
24hr
ninjette.org member

Name: nd

Motorcycle(s): Current: SV650s (previous in the order: Ex500, GSXR750, YZF600R, 250R)

SoCal Ventura County

Hi guys,

I'm from Ventura County in Thousand Oaks area and Oxnard. Anyway I have been riding for over 10 years. Looking to see if anyone in the area want to meet up and ride one of these days. I have a friend that also has a ninja 250r so he will come too. I usually ride the canyons through out the area of Kanan road, Pacific Coast highway up to Rice/Santa Clara and over to the LA ave of Moorpark. Some times I got to the Rock Store and Neptune 's Net. I also ride the back roads to Somis, Portrero road through Westlake Village and Newbury Park to Channel Island University then over to Pleasant Valley/Santa Rosa. I also ride to Ojai and Santa Barbara sometimes.

Anyway if you guys are down to ride let me know.
24hr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 05:32 AM   #2
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr View Post
Hi guys,

I'm from Ventura County in Thousand Oaks area and Oxnard. Anyway I have been riding for over 10 years. Looking to see if anyone in the area want to meet up and ride one of these days. I have a friend that also has a ninja 250r so he will come too. I usually ride the canyons through out the area of Kanan road, Pacific Coast highway up to Rice/Santa Clara and over to the LA ave of Moorpark. Some times I got to the Rock Store and Neptune 's Net. I also ride the back roads to Somis, Portrero road through Westlake Village and Newbury Park to Channel Island University then over to Pleasant Valley/Santa Rosa. I also ride to Ojai and Santa Barbara sometimes.

Anyway if you guys are down to ride let me know.
I am in Torrance and ride that are la every so often. I was out there this Saturday as I rode pch up the coast to Santa Barbra. I hate mullholland though as I all most smacked into the mountain on the snake lol. I think I am riding down south this weekend if not I'll come up that way and ride with you. Feel free to hit me up for a ride.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM   #3
24hr
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Current: SV650s (previous in the order: Ex500, GSXR750, YZF600R, 250R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
I am in Torrance and ride that are la every so often. I was out there this Saturday as I rode pch up the coast to Santa Barbra. I hate mullholland though as I all most smacked into the mountain on the snake lol. I think I am riding down south this weekend if not I'll come up that way and ride with you. Feel free to hit me up for a ride.

cool. i'll be busy this sat but I'll be around on Sun. I'll check with you on Sun. If not we will set it for another weekend. If you hear of any group rides in LA county in the future please let me know,

Old May 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #4
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

I still want to ride GMR... not sure if it's still to early in the season to have a good ride on the mountain... I remember you said Jeff that there was a lot of melting going on up there
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 03:39 PM   #5
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
I still want to ride GMR... not sure if it's still to early in the season to have a good ride on the mountain... I remember you said Jeff that there was a lot of melting going on up there
I think there still is, they still have a lot of ACH closed, once they open up the top of ach all should be clear, I may do a mt aldy run just to see if there is any water up there and see how bad the winds are right now.

Old May 13th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #6
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

If you do the investigating let me know I'll be down to ride this once it's fully up and running!!!
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 02:08 AM   #7
24hr
ninjette.org member

are you guys interested in a ride in Ojai anytime soon ? I dont have my 250r anymore but I have 2 friends with 250r that will ride with us.

Old September 27th, 2011, 05:30 AM   #8
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

If you guys go from Glendale to Wrightwood highway 2 should be open.. 60 miles of twisties one way. Then I turn around and come back lol.

I think it's the side of ACH at the botton of Pasadena that isn't open yet still.

Adrian and I are doing ACH this weekend. Will let you know if it's open.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 27th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #9
Havok
Internet Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250 View Post
If you guys go from Glendale to Wrightwood highway 2 should be open.. 60 miles of twisties one way. Then I turn around and come back lol.

I think it's the side of ACH at the botton of Pasadena that isn't open yet still.

Adrian and I are doing ACH this weekend. Will let you know if it's open.
Ach is my favorite road in so-cal, So many twisties and just a nice ride, you can cruise through sections you can be aggressive and the raod just keeps going. With that said i have avoided it like the plague this year, far far too many cops up there giving out tickets for anything and everything on two wheels. I have seen tickets posted from there for 1 mph over the limit. It got so bad the owner of newcombs had a sit down with the police and city council to see waht he could do about it. I am hoping that with it getting cooler it calms down some and i can ride it oct and the beginning of November.