ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 9th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #1
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Name: hunter

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300

06 Ninja250 to 00 EX250 exhaust compatibility?

Hey guys I have a 2000 EX250 Ninja. The bike is pretty set but needed a few minor items. I had found a wrecked 2006 Ninja 250 at a amazing price. So far all the parts I needed for my 00 havent had any problems working on my 2000. My first issue Ive run in is my exhaust. The 00 exhaust uses a one side large muffler set up. The muffler though is extremely loud for my liking(un-necessarily loud in my opinion) but it does work. The 06 Ninja 250 uses a split exhaust set up splitting the exhaust on either side. When I set the 06 exhaust in place it appears as it'll work and allow the exhaust on either side to attach. This issue I am running in is when I bolt in the 06 exhaust into the 250 engine and bolt down the bolts the exhaust still has way to much wobble as if it werent bolted down at all. At this point I feel like Im either missing something or it is possible this 06 Ninja 250 exhaust isnt compatible on my 00 EX250 engine?

Thanks for any responses and answers to this question
xxgibeastxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2014, 05:46 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
I believe that all the years previous to 2008 have the same double exhaust and that they are all compatible.

Any 2-in-1 exhaust is an after market and dimensions may vary from original.

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2014, 05:57 PM   #3
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Thanks a lot when I get back home I'll recheck everything. Based on the diagram I believe I just forgot one of the 2 inserts.

Old March 9th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #4
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Well I added the flat discs(part 11009A). Only thing different then I did before. Still having issues with it having too much wobble. Been trying to look up a step by step instillation video or guide but no luck.

Old March 9th, 2014, 11:33 PM   #5
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

should post pics. but make sure you are putting the header in firmly. it will slid in a bit

Old March 10th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #6
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The pictures arent the best but here they are. Maybe you guys can see something I cant.

Old March 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM   #7
baxtc1
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): '92 GPX 250 (Gone and replaced with '08 V-Strom), 2005 Suzuki C50.

Yep, your 92143's are in backwards.
baxtc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #8
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
^ ya those little rascals can be a pain as it isn't inherently obvious how they should go in at a glance in real life or in the diagram. After flipping them around if the problem persists then I'd double check that you're getting the 18069's tightened correctly as they can rattle a bit when they get loose and if they're loose it's the same as if the headers aren't connected.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 10th, 2014, 12:02 PM   #9
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
^ ya those little rascals can be a pain as it isn't inherently obvious how they should go in at a glance in real life or in the diagram. After flipping them around if the problem persists then I'd double check that you're getting the 18069's tightened correctly as they can rattle a bit when they get loose and if they're loose it's the same as if the headers aren't connected.
Thanks after work Ill go home and give it another try. Thanks for all the help everyone.

Old March 11th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #10
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Ok got the muffler attached on correctly thanks guys.

Old March 11th, 2014, 12:57 AM   #11
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Ok since you guys were able to answer my last question I have another question regarding my mufflers now. When I use the brackets to attach the muffler to the frame the only way I can do it is to pull the muffler back so its no longer all the way forward. As the picture shows one side is worse then the other. If I tighten down the all the bolts as best I can should this be fine or should I just tighten down the muffler all the way forward and not attach them to the passenger bracket?

Thanks for all responses and information.

Old March 11th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #12
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
If you tighten down all the bolts as best you can it should be fine.

The weight of the mufflers must be supported or it will load the connections to the cylinders (bad).

Verify that the three long bolts that anchor the engine to the frame are in place and properly torqued.

If those are OK, remove the seat and tank and look for cracks in your frame in the area between the head bearing and the air filter, .......... just in case that is producing some squat of the center of the bike and messing up the geometry of the tubes-mufflers.

Please, see related thread that explains the potential problem:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147037
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 11th, 2014, 03:37 PM   #13
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
If you tighten down all the bolts as best you can it should be fine.

The weight of the mufflers must be supported or it will load the connections to the cylinders (bad).

Verify that the three long bolts that anchor the engine to the frame are in place and properly torqued.

If those are OK, remove the seat and tank and look for cracks in your frame in the area between the head bearing and the air filter, .......... just in case that is producing some squat of the center of the bike and messing up the geometry of the tubes-mufflers.

Please, see related thread that explains the potential problem:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147037
Ok Ill take a look at everything. Thanks Ill take a look. Took the tank off a week ago and didnt see any issues. Ill take everything off and re-look after work again. Thanks for the help.

Old March 11th, 2014, 03:40 PM   #14
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

passanger pegs are on wrong also

Old March 11th, 2014, 03:42 PM   #15
xxgibeastxx
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSRacer07 View Post
passanger pegs are on wrong also
Yea just put the screw threw to keep up the muffler. Wanted to show the muffler being off but didnt want to bolt down every screw if I was off on something. They will be put on right when I go home and bolt it all down.