ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 17th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #41
KELPHYN
ninjette.org guru

Name: Calvin

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R (sold), 2013 300SE

I have not had my carbs apart on this bike, so I'm just going from past experience from other carbs. There should be tiny air-bleed hole(s) in the throat of the carb. Make sure these are clear also, as they are vents for the float bowl. Blow through every tiny little hole you find.
KELPHYN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2011, 02:18 PM   #42
Suave
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster11B View Post
Yes it was my choice to serve for our country ass clown and I forgot to mention the tank was cleaned as well. "lol" Show some more respect for those who returned home to inconciderate people like yourself. I don't take my job as a joke.

Old July 17th, 2011, 03:55 PM   #43
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

It's ALIVE!!!!! And runs stronger than ever!

First thing I did was check the plugs. I knew it was going to be a good day when I found the ne NGK plugs wet and black. It was running rich this whole time. In my oppinion, it's easier to fix a rich problem than lean. So I imediately knew that shimming those stock needles was the answer. I went ahead and tore down the carbs 1 more time just to be on the safe side and I wan't to make sure there wasn't any other debry in there before I installed my new inline fuel filter. Installed everything and adusted my micture screws out 2 1/2 turns. I responds now without any hesitation when the bike is warm and seems to me to have a bit more torque on the bottom end when takeing off.

Now I'm just waiting on my Bonus from work and I will be installing a full JT-5 exhaust system and I'm goint to go ahead and install the dyno jet kit and pod filter (r-0990 K&N) since my comfidence and skill has increased while bring my bike to standard opperation.

Thanks everyone in this thread for your support and help and special thanks of course to KKIM. We are really blessed to have your help.

Things I would improve on this job:
1. Buy extra bolts for your carb bowls and covers, they are easy to strip and you want them to be secure so there is no doubts.
2. Inline fuel filter is always a good idea.
3. Carb bath really helps break the gum up with glogged ports
4. Make sure you have long t-handle metric allen wrenches. Not a must but really helps make it easy.
5. Spray carb cleaner with care. I knew better and still did it but carb cleaner doesn't really clean your eyes good
6. Last but not least, take your time and make sure you place your bolts in an organized location (label if you will)

I will help anyone else in the future if there is something you don't understand. Ran in a few more passages that were clogged than most people on here posted but that's what you get when you don't store your bike properly. Relax, everything is fixable and it doesn't have to cost you an arm and leg.

Old July 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM   #44
kkim

kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #45
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
Maryville huh? not to far from clarksville.... Is that a bag on the back of your bike seat on your avatar?

Old July 18th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #46
Suave
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster11B View Post
Maryville huh? not to far from clarksville.... Is that a bag on the back of your bike seat on your avatar?
It's my backpack, no not too far; congrats on getting your bike back up and running!

Old July 19th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #47
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suave View Post
It's my backpack, no not too far; congrats on getting your bike back up and running!
Thanks, now its time to register it in KY. Then it will be time to take it to work. Awww... my little motivation to go back to work each day.