ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 16th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #1
jamesbernatchez
Rider newbie

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Help a newb install rear sets (with photos)

So I picked up a set of Race X Rear Sets in Titainium from ztrack on here and I like them. There are some machining marks and a few small nicks in them but they are minor and I am ok with them, especially for the price!

I understood how the left side goes on and was able to do that without an issue. I rode down the road and tested the position of the shifter as well as making sure it shifted into each gear. No problems there. I will disassemble before I really ride it to add some blue threadlock.

The right (braking) side is where I am stuck. The brake arm is totally different than stock and I am a bit confused as to how it all goes together. I have some photos to help explain and hopefully make it easier to help.

I'm not familiar with the names of these parts so bear with me . In the photo #1 is what gets pushed up and actuates the brakes. Understood, except how the heck it goes on the new arm. #2 is what actuates the rear brake light. I know the spring needs to be shortened, but again, any idea how it actually mounts.

Different angle of the same stuff in photo one.

This is the back of the right side rear set. "B" is what I am assuming #1 from the first photo mounts to. "A" I am assuming is what the spring that actuates the brake light goes to. There is a small hole in it towards the end. The wire in "B" is what keeps the brake "acutator" on I guess?

The other issue is that #2 bolts onto the back of the stock rear set. Clearly it can't do so on the new one. Any ideas?

For any and all help I will appreciate it. Here is a shot of the left side done and ready to go. I quite like the look much more. Foot position isn't too drastic but definitely a bit better than stock. My leg hugs the tank much better now.

Anybody that has installed rearsets I am sure can give me some tips/help. If I am retarded and really can't figure it out then I can have the shop do it for me when I get it jetted, but I can't imagine it being that difficult. I'm pretty mechanically inclined so I would hate to pay somebody to do it, I just don't want to put my safety in jepordy so I figured you can all help.

'09 Ninja 250R
jamesbernatchez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 16th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #2
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Lol I got him covered guys. Addressed it on Kaiforums

Old November 16th, 2009, 10:58 PM   #3
jamesbernatchez
Rider newbie

Yep we should be good now. Will post up photos tomorrow after the install is complete.

'09 Ninja 250R

Old November 16th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #4
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

Can you post a link to the thread on Kawiforums for those people who have the same problem here? I'm not saying we can't find it, but it'd be much easier.

Old November 16th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #5
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

lol I know exactly everyone who has these sets. So no one else is but here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg set.jpg (91.3 KB, 22 views)

Old November 16th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #6
jamesbernatchez
Rider newbie

Yeah, as Matt said, he just confirmed what is shown in photo. I basically have everything else correct. I plan to tackle this after work tomorrow. Will get some good shots of it when done.

'09 Ninja 250R