ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old January 25th, 2010, 03:09 PM   #1
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

the start of 2010

I didn't want to take from sunny in her thread and therefore only lightly mentioned how my month has been going. Just feel the need to vent and wish for Jan to be over and done with at this point.

January has not been good to me or my family in 2010. So far my month has had one or two ups but a lot of downs. The up side of the month:

A friend of my roommates that I've mostly only talked to online and met only once before was in the area. For some odd reason we hit if off and had a great week together. Neither one of us was expecting to like each other as much as we do, so it's kinda fun and new. Also I see it as a good thing that I'll be getting a chance to test out the jet kit from sportisimoto when it comes in. I hope to give a good review does it justice after it's been on for a bit.

Now for the down sides of the month:

Unfortunately that girl I hit it off with was only staying till the end of that week. She's now in LA doing interviews for work in the subject she went to college for. Also during that week we had together I had one rather painful day of passing a kidney stone. Then ended that week with the news of my uncle on my dad's side. Seems he went back to work in construction and fell off a ladder. He was diagnosed as brain dead at the hospital. Several hours later his heart stopped and he was pronounced dead leaving a wife and 3 boys at home.

The beginning of last week started with getting my computer back from a friend who was trying to help me fix it. He claimed it had to do with the HD/OS (which I knew it didn't) and therefore formatted it and replaced my legal copy of XP pro with a copy of Windows 7 ultimate (I doubt it's registered or anything) with out backing up anything that was on there. So, lost data, bootleg OS that I didn't ask for, and less then a week later the symptoms have started over again like I knew they would.

The week then ended with my grandma who was in the hospital for fluid in the lungs finally giving up the fight and passing away. Her death has been expected for some time so it was not a shock like my uncles. I really feel sorry for my aunt who has to deal with 2 funerals back to back.

So January can end now and the year can start it's upswing anytime please.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #2
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I am sorry! Truely! I wish you and yours the best!

Old January 25th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
You need to try and remember all the ups (the good times) which will help you make it through the down times.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 25th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #4
jcgirl
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jenn

Motorcycle(s): Bot

Sorry to hear about your crappy month. If you were here, I'd offer to buy you a drink. I hope that 2010 gets better for you!!!

jcgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 26th, 2010, 03:31 PM   #5
sombo

Thanks guys, I'm sure things will start going uphill really soon. Just found out that "she" will be coming back to Orlando since she's not happy with the prospects in LA after several interviews. So that to me is a good sign for the start of good things to come this year.

Old January 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #6
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Mike, Hang in there. Things will get better. Also, drink lots of Cranberry Juice. Ask me how I know.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2010, 06:44 AM   #7
talldrink
ninjette.org guru

Name: Deb

Motorcycle(s): '09 ninja 250 (blue)

In addition, avoid drinking lots of tea and eating nuts.

Prayers go out to you and your family during these trying times.

Old January 27th, 2010, 12:38 PM   #8
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by talldrink View Post

In addition, avoid drinking lots of tea and eating nuts.

Prayers go out to you and your family during these trying times.

What's wrong with tea?

Old January 27th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #9
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

So sorry Mike. I hope things work out well with the new lady for you and that the bad news is a thing of the past!