Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Buyer/Seller Feedback: Not So Good

Notices

Old April 13th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Partzilla - Avoid

Recently I went to order some new parts for my bike from Partzilla - totaling $148 dollars. I realized it wasn't very likely that I would get my parts immediately being that they probably stock very little. Okay, fine. I then have the charge posted to my credit card. Ten business days later with no tracking information and the parts having not arrived I get a little suspicious and speak to their customer support.

The parent (?) company Power Sports Plus does their customer support. I spoke with a Johnathan R. who, inbetween every question I had to wait at least ten minutes for an answer.

Things I had to wait ten minutes for:
Collecting order information
Response to "what is the status of my order?"
"How do I cancel my order?"

Now here's where it gets good. My parts had a "no estimated ship date" status. I was not informed of this and was under the impression from my order confirmation that my parts should have already arrived. I wanted to cancel my order because I would rather pay more and know I'm getting my parts than wait all summer. Dear old Johnathan tells me he is going to cancel my order. I say fine. I ask where my refund is. After the typical ten minute wait I prompt him again. After another ten minutes I tell him that if he does not answer my question within the next five minutes that I WILL be filing a chargeback on my credit card. Still no answer so I left the chat session.

48 hours later and my partzilla order isn't cancelled. My CC company refunded the money to me in less than four hours and are informed that they are to decline all Partzilla charges to my card.

I would avoid Partzilla due to shady business practices. Also, my order still isn't cancelled.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Good to know! Also Jafrum.com sucks. ordered a 12, sent me an 11 and you can't get ahold of ANYONE!!! Leave a message and they never call back... lol
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #3
GearMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
Good to know! Also Jafrum.com sucks. ordered a 12, sent me an 11 and you can't get ahold of ANYONE!!! Leave a message and they never call back... lol
I ordered my Helmet from Jafrum, got it really quick, in about 2 or 3 days. No problems.

I have read similar customer complaints online though.
GearMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #4
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

chat is not the best way to get any customer service, let alone good service. Unless of course, that's all they offer...

seems like lots of online motorcycle stores suck. I always order from revzilla or the local shop.
dfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 12:58 PM   #5
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

FWIW, I ordered from partzilla a few weeks ago. Prices were better than where I ordered before. Had to wait a couple days extra for the parts to come in, but had no issues with them.
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2014, 01:29 PM   #6
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Lately it seems like Partzilla's prices are lower than their competitors, but I haven't had any issues with them the times I've ordered through them.
Old August 28th, 2014, 01:35 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
chat is not the best way to get any customer service, let alone good service.
if they can not provide something correctly, then they should not pretend that they can. this is a common problem in management of american companies. the view that you're better than you are because you focus on your successes rather than your failures as a company. the view is "we provide chat support too!" instead of "our chat support is a complete failure compared to phone support"

take a look at amazon if you want the best example of the "my farts don't stink" plague.
Old September 5th, 2014, 01:45 PM   #8
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Well said!

Chat is good because it can be cut-n-pasted or a screenshot taken and emailed to the CC company.
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2014, 05:43 AM   #9
girlracer
ninjette.org member

Name: Hallie

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Honda Fury & 2004 Suzuki GS500F

I've ordered from them about 3 times, 1st time I didn't get tracking but it arrived. 2nd time and 3rd time, I both got tracking, but had to wait for them to get the parts. I didn't have a problem with waiting, I knew what I was getting into cause if you plan to order a lot you can save quite a bit vs going to the dealer.

Personally if I know I can wait on the parts I don't have a problem with them. But just recently I needed a part it was Sunday and I knew I needed by the next weekend so I just went to the local dealer.
girlracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 10:20 AM   #10
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

I just got my pitbull stands and spools from revzilla, they shipped quick and were reliable. I was happy with them,
Old October 4th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #11
Qomomoko
ninjette.org guru

Name: Luis

Motorcycle(s): 1995 Ninja 250, 2005 R6, 2002 Ducati Monster S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
I just got my pitbull stands and spools from revzilla, they shipped quick and were reliable. I was happy with them,
+1 for revzilla!!

there is another I got from Amazon or ebay.. buth they responded well when my visor came crushed . . speedaddict or some similar
Qomomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2014, 03:54 PM   #12
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Revzilla is a stellar company. Great CS and exchange/return policy, but you know this thread is for partzilla, not revzilla.
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2014, 05:30 AM   #13
whitby_rob
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R, red

I've ordered a couple times from Partzilla in the past year. Both orders were close to $300 each. I was ordering the replacement hardware for my YSR's, when your just ordering nuts, bolts and collars that's a big order in my mind.

The first order ended up having parts that got back ordered twice, the second time ended up showing as over 6 months. I wish I knew this before placing the order but buying parts for bikes that are 25 years old, I was not really surprised this happened. So after it got updated showing the 6 month delay, I phoned to have these parts cancelled so I could get the rest of the order (finding out then that they wait a month, then ship what's there.). So after about 6-7 weeks, all parts ended up coming in and I received the two shipments within a week and a half of each other.

Second order took about a month to come. Also I guess keeping in mind the shipping to Canada.

I would order from them again but I can see where you are coming from on the Customer Service. When I phoned to talk to someone about my order (emailed first which took about 2 days to get a reply), I got different stories from each person about the state of my order.

On the second order I also phoned in to change a couple items for something else (I typed in the wrong part number and then added something), that lady was good.
whitby_rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2016, 02:16 PM   #14
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Thumbs down Partszilla

I've had mixed experiences with Partszilla. When things go well, their parts prices are among the best I've seen online, although their shipping can be on the high side.

When things go poorly, as is the current case, they list parts with a delightful "Ships in 1 - 2 business days" notice on the item page. Weeks later you inquire (digitally) why your order has not shipped, and a few days after that you get a reply that a) they don't have the part in their warehouse at all and b) they have no idea when they'll receive it. For what appears to be a large, professional business, that's pretty poor communication. Their payment processing, on the other hand, has no such issue.

There may be worse experiences out there, but right now I'm finding it tremendously difficult to recommend Partszilla.
Old April 11th, 2016, 05:01 PM   #15
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2016, 07:56 PM   #16
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
/merged
Ah, there's no s. Typo --> zero search results.
Old April 12th, 2016, 03:58 AM   #17
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
I've ordered several times from partzilla.Com, while the parts do seem to arrive slower then other places the prices have been the lowest and I did receive everything I ordered.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2016, 05:35 PM   #18
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
If you run into delays on an order, look into the FTC Mail Order Rule.

In short, they must notify you within the stated timeframe (or 30 days if no time is stated) if they're unable to ship the item in time. If they can ship it later, they must send a notification including a revised shipping date (or a statement that they don't know when it will ship), a way for you to cancel the order, and if the shipping date is unknown, let you know that you can cancel the order at any time before it ships out. If the delay is less than 30 days, non-response to their notification can be considered consent to all this.

Any later delay notices must include the same details (revised shipping date, reason for delay, ability to cancel the order, etc.), but the customer must explicitly consent to the delay, or the order must be cancelled.

Merchants can be fined by the FTC for up to $16,000 per violation. It's in their best interest to keep customers updated and post reasonable shipping times. If Partzilla really says "Ships in 1 - 2 business days" and they don't notify you by the second business day that something won't be shipping out, they're in for a world of hurt.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2016, 06:37 PM   #19
verboten1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '75 CB550:.'82 XV920:.'00 KLR650:.'00 EX250:.'08 Ninja 250

MOTM - June '15
Partzilla is the place I order parts I don't need right now. They do not stock anything. Half of my orders are drop shipped, the other half take forever, but I know this, and the price reflects it.
Bikebandit, amazon, or ebay is my goto for quick parts.

Ride more, worry less.
verboten1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2016, 03:05 PM   #20
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Old August 8th, 2016, 04:29 PM   #21
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_syn View Post
Recently I went to order some new parts for my bike from Partzilla - totaling $148 dollars. I realized it wasn't very likely that I would get my parts immediately being that they probably stock very little. Okay, fine. I then have the charge posted to my credit card. Ten business days later with no tracking information and the parts having not arrived I get a little suspicious and speak to their customer support.

The parent (?) company Power Sports Plus does their customer support. I spoke with a Johnathan R. who, inbetween every question I had to wait at least ten minutes for an answer.

Things I had to wait ten minutes for:
Collecting order information
Response to "what is the status of my order?"
"How do I cancel my order?"

Now here's where it gets good. My parts had a "no estimated ship date" status. I was not informed of this and was under the impression from my order confirmation that my parts should have already arrived. I wanted to cancel my order because I would rather pay more and know I'm getting my parts than wait all summer. Dear old Johnathan tells me he is going to cancel my order. I say fine. I ask where my refund is. After the typical ten minute wait I prompt him again. After another ten minutes I tell him that if he does not answer my question within the next five minutes that I WILL be filing a chargeback on my credit card. Still no answer so I left the chat session.

48 hours later and my partzilla order isn't cancelled. My CC company refunded the money to me in less than four hours and are informed that they are to decline all Partzilla charges to my card.

I would avoid Partzilla due to shady business practices. Also, my order still isn't cancelled.
Funny, I ordered a part from partzilla of their ebay site, and I can confirm they sent me a non working clutch switch...
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2016, 09:19 AM   #22
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Shady is as shady does - almost Forrest gump
Old February 13th, 2017, 06:29 PM   #23
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

Name: Abu Mishary Mohd Fairus

Motorcycle(s): Kawasaki Ninja 250 SE 2015 (sold); Honda ADV160 (current)

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Shady is as shady does - almost Forrest gump
Will the real slim shady please stand up?
Old February 14th, 2017, 09:08 AM   #24
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
I wish my dog would stand up an quit crushing my spleen
Old February 14th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #25
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
I wish my dog would stand up an quit crushing my spleen
Old February 15th, 2017, 02:11 AM   #26
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post
Pup is way too big to be my lap dog
Old February 15th, 2017, 06:17 PM   #27
Abu_Mishary
The Asian Caucasian

MOTM - Jan '17
Quote:
Pup is way too big to be my lap dog
Sure he's not a Godzilla instead? It rhymes with the title post.
Old February 15th, 2017, 06:40 PM   #28
highvoltj
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, 1986 Ninja 250R (x2) '06 ZX6R 636

re: Partzilla

I have also had some nightmare issue's when ordering parts or items motorcycle related...and impatiently waiting for them to show up only to find that item is on back-order or no longer available...oh, and that was only after I inquired after the specified shipping time was exceeded. :-(
I have had really good results with Motorcycle Superstore,
Awesome deals on tires too!!!
Cheerz!
highvoltj is offline   Reply With Quote