ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 14th, 2016, 05:31 AM   #1
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

aggressive riding position?

Is there an easy way to give the 250 a more 300 riding position?
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2016, 05:36 AM   #2
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

It's All in the Hips!!!

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag
DEFY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2016, 05:50 AM   #3
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
What exactly do you mean by that? The riding position on the NewGen and 300 are quite similar. http://cycle-ergo.com/ actually seems to show the 300 being a hair more upright.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 14th, 2016, 05:57 AM   #4
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvisiBill View Post
What exactly do you mean by that? The riding position on the NewGen and 300 are quite similar. http://cycle-ergo.com/ actually seems to show the 300 being a hair more upright.
for some reason i thought there was a 5-10 degree difference in lean angle.
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2016, 10:58 AM   #5
Jesper Hedegaard
ninjette.org member

Name: Jesper

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, 2010

If U ride with an open helmet - try a BIG knife between Ur teeth

Sorry - just could NOT let this chance pass....but seriously; a more agressive posture like more leaned forward on the handlebars, could be obtained by changing Ur present handlebar- sticks to clip-ons.
Clip-ons are designed to bolt onto the front downtubes, thus enabling lower mounted handlebars.
BUT: be aware of the fairing - no use in lowering the handlebars into the fairing - U gotta keep Ur grips above the fairing ;o)

Another matter is that the lower U hang - the less airlift U get on higways etc.
I know U complained over upper body (or just head ?) buffeting at higher speeds, but for longer speedy stretches - the airlift is a real help.
BTW - isit upper body or in reality just head buffeting, U have experinced ?
Had a helmet, that was allmost uncontrollable at highway speeds - just coulnd't hold my head still. Slight sidewind would make my head go sideways - very hard to look straight ahead in sidewind !
Jesper Hedegaard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2016, 11:04 AM   #6
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
sit farther back in the seat and bend from your waist, that will get your upper body lower and more "aggressive"

the stock seating position is almost identical between the two bikes. If you want the bike itself to be more aggressive get some clip on bar risers (will still lower but not insanely) and some adjustable rearsets

vortex and woodcraft are popular for these items, but the price tag will be a bit higher than you may expect

3 reasons why you would want to do this
1. to lean more so you can go faster, I doubt this is the case here
2. to get better all around leverage on the bike by adjusting the ergonomics more towards yourself, possible but I'm not sure this is it
3. to better get into the tuck behind the windscreen and get out of the wind, likely. If this is the case try a double bubble windscreen first

Old June 20th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #7
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
for some reason i thought there was a 5-10 degree difference in lean angle.
Not sure of the reason you may have thought that, but InvisiBill is correct; the riding positions are almost interchangeable. Even going from the pre-gen ninjas to the new-gen 250's, while the styling of the bike changed drastically, the rider position/geometry did not.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2016, 03:16 PM   #8
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
I'll chime in also -- the positions are almost interchangeable. There are lots of things you can do to alter the position and comfort depending on your style (rearsets, clipons, adjustable levers and/or adjusting lever position, aftermarket seat) but I'd recommend starting by getting comfortable with the OEM bits -- just adjusting the lever angle and shifter position for your own preference.

Once you start getting more consistent miles on your ninja you'll probably figure out what changes you'll want to make long term.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 20th, 2016, 09:09 PM   #9
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Extended fat tire swing arm, an some clip ons