ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old October 14th, 2014, 02:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Kevin Schwantz launches Suzuki GSXRR at Motegi

THE 2015 Suzuki GSX-RR MotoGP bike was unveiled at the Motegi GP on Sunday by former GP Champion Kevin Schwantz.

The 1993 World 500cc GP Champion was joined by 1982 World Champion Franco Uncini for demonstration laps at the Twin Ring circuit.

Schwantz, who joined the Suzuki MotoGP test team for its test at Austin in Texas earlier this year, rode the GSX-RR while Uncini hopped aboard Alvaro Bautista’s 2011 GSV-R.

Schwantz said: '“I started very carefully as we didn’t start from pit-lane and without tyre warmers, but I soon felt the machine was being very stable and I was able to speed-up. I understand the bike, it’s a very good machine; and I really enjoyed riding it.”

Uncini added: ‘Fantastic! It’s a very great bike. Kevin followed me early on, but then overtook me at great speed.’

Suzuki will return to MotoGP in 2015 with Aleix Espargaro and Moto2 rider Maverick Vinales.

Related Content

Bautista to thrill BSB fans on MotoGP racer
2014 'MotoGP' Suzuki could be next GSX-R1000
2014 Suzuki GSV-R MotoGP spied testing
Reynolds to ride Suzuki MotoGP racer at Brands Hatch
Four-stroke GP retrospective

Click here for full story...