ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 8th, 2015, 10:36 AM   #41
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieathonda View Post
They'll definitely have it at the place I go to, not your run of the mill radioshack! Got plenty of heat shrink and a soldering iron at hand. Will be picking up the resistor tommorow.

When you say you wired the tach up to the battery, do you mean that you wired the tach wire to it? Or the power wires? And do you have the resistor installed as well?
No the tach wire I ran directly into the left coil connection. Installed the resistors (had to wire in parallel) and it smoothed out the signal. The trail tech website states which resistor they offer. I've heard some packages have them and some don't.....

There is a separate connector for battery power, that's the one I was referring to. There is no resistor needed as it is already installed internally. Just be aware the gauge's backlight will stay on for 10 minutes anytime the bike has any sort of movement or input. I'm sure a fuse wouldn't hurt but I never had one and it worked fine.

Old March 10th, 2015, 03:22 PM   #42
ieathonda
ninjette.org member

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): Ninja EX250F

Got the resistors soldered in and wired up. cut the wire to length since I had a mess of extra wire. Reset the PPR's to 1 and rpm's are perfect!

BTW, my run out is about 1752 (cant remember exactly) for the stock tire/wheel. Just curious on what values you guys got? It seems spot on but I havent been able to confirm just yet.

Also, I installed the stock 35 pilot and have the mixture screws out at 2.5. I havent finicked with the screws because i ended up messing with them for an hour with the 40 pilots and got tired of using the tips of my fingers to adjust heh.
It comes off the line alot better compared to before!

Got a few parts in for the street fighter build as well. just waiting on the headlight brackets and I can start to put it together.

Will be trimming the front fender down and repainting the bike a metallic black. Ill keep you guys posted.
ieathonda is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 11th, 2015, 09:19 PM   #43
FvnnyL3tt3r1ng
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2001

Old March 12th, 2015, 01:16 PM   #44
agentbad
ninjette.org sage

Name: bob

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250, 2006 SV650N

Where can I get some needle shims the ones I got didn't fit. They are brass #4S from Lowes.
agentbad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2015, 01:32 PM   #45
ieathonda
ninjette.org member

These are the ones I got. Worked great.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...6-37672-491431

Some pictures.. finally. Just a few from my new tach setup, new ex500 clutch assembly and pazzo replica levers along with sabo racing ends. Still waiting for parts to come in. Also, my progress of the painting process, before and after pics of the streetfighter fairing setup (still need to trim down front and fit it on)

Old March 12th, 2015, 01:51 PM   #46
agentbad
ninjette.org sage

Nice! I went in there last time looking for pretty much the same and just couldn't find them.

Old March 12th, 2015, 02:06 PM   #47
ieathonda
ninjette.org member

Well what I did was order it online and did a store pickup.. that way i didnt have to waste 30 minutes looking for them! I let them do all the work heh

Old March 12th, 2015, 02:36 PM   #48
agentbad
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieathonda View Post
Well what I did was order it online and did a store pickup.. that way i didnt have to waste 30 minutes looking for them! I let them do all the work heh
Yeah I just went in there and the closest they have is a #6.

Followed your advice and just ordered some.

Old March 12th, 2015, 04:36 PM   #49
ieathonda
ninjette.org member

Yep I had a difficult time finding them myself until I ordered online... 30 minutes later they were ready for pickup and I was on my way to a shimming party

Old March 13th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #50
ieathonda
ninjette.org member

cut the fender down today.. yes i accidentally notched it on one side.. will fix that and paint as well.

Old March 26th, 2015, 12:24 PM   #51
ieathonda
ninjette.org member

OK I feel as if I have the tuning down correctly now..

I may have to mess with the mixture screws after riding for a few weeks and noticed this..

Basically what happens is, Im at a stop light and about to roll onto the throttle and get the bike moving forward. Right after i let the clutch engage, the bike bogs a tiny tiny bit (the first 5-10feet) and then gets up and goes. what I mean by bog, is that the rpms from the time i throttle up and steady and until i elt the clutch go, the rpm's drop about 300-500 before coming back up.

I honestly set the mixture screws out a 2.5 turns and havent messed with them since. Would this be a symptom of the bike too lean or too rich in the low rpms?