ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 10th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #1
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Name: AMMOCAN

Motorcycle(s): *SOLD* '10 Kawasaki 250R SE A.K.A. SLIME-R *SOLD*

Please Vote

My friend Halima is trying to win a scholarship for college. Please got to this link: Video Contest and vote for her video. You can vote once per day until the 15th of July.

Thank you,

Old July 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #2
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
you might find it easier to provide a direct link to the vote...
http://createrealimpact.com/diggie/vote/1161/1/

Old July 10th, 2011, 05:19 PM   #3
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

I wouldn't want to take the chance at a scholarship away from someone who may be more deserving. I don't have time to watch all the videos. But if I were to vote, that's what it would be based on.
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2011, 06:01 PM   #4
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

I'm in agreement with Colin. I'm certain your friend is deserving of the scholarship, but without watching all the videos, I'm simply not qualified to say with certainty that your friend deserves the award more than someone else.

With that said, I wish your friend good luck.

Old July 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #5
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
My vote has been cast.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 10th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #6
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to help my friend out by voting for her video. Just remember that you can place a vote once a day until the 15th of July.

Thank you,

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:34 PM   #7
coondog
ninjette.org sage

Name: john

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ninja 250 street fighter, 2008 street fighter ninja 500, 2001 nsr 125

I've always voted, and by the responses to your post you can tell why I'm disgusted with those who don't. And they'll be the ones always jawing on politics and politicians and outcomes like they have the right. "my one vote won't have any difference on the outcome" is the ultimate insult to the democratic process we're blessed with. If everyone voted the history of our country would be considerably different, and better for those on the bottom half of the economy. This country would appear to be a social(ist) democracy. And that's a mouthful in a capitalistic free market society. Peace Out!
coondog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #8
ducducgooseit

Name: ...

Motorcycle(s): ...

ducducgooseit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #9
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOCAN View Post
I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to help my friend out by voting for her video. Just remember that you can place a vote once a day until the 15th of July.

Thank you,
Keep us informed of what happens.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2011, 05:35 PM   #10
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

Thank you coondog and Snake for your posts. Today is the last day to vote and it doesn't look like she has a chance to win, but I will be sure to keep you updated on the end result.

Everyone has the freedom to make any decision they would like in this country, so if they chose not to help me help my friend out and not vote then that is on them. Do I agree with it? No, I don't. However, using the same freedom they have to decide not to help out gives me the right to have an opinion that they are nothing but self-absorbed a-holes.

Here I thought this was a forum community that was interested in being friendly and helpful to one another, which is why I asked for everyones help in helping me help a personal friend of mine, who I know is deserving of this scholarship. It's not about who out of those who are participating in the scholarship contest is more deserving, as it is about helping me help a friend of mine.

Some how I don't think any of you, who chose not to vote because of the excuse of not wanting to take the opportunity away from someone else, would be thinking the same if it was your friend who needed your help.

Again, I want to thank everyone who did vote and who were willing to help me help my friend.

Old July 15th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #11
SSR
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jonathan

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMOCAN View Post
Some how I don't think any of you, who chose not to vote because of the excuse of not wanting to take the opportunity away from someone else, would be thinking the same if it was your friend who needed your help.
Let's just back this train up a little and ask ourselves a theortical question.

To make this totally unrelated to the present company, let's say there's a guy named Johnson and he has a friend named Rebecca Black. She's entering a singing competition and she's submitted the song "Friday". Now, the other finalist is Susan Boyle singing this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Can you honestly tell me you'd vote for your friend Rebecca Black? Honestly now. If Johnson asked me to vote for Rebecca Black, I couldn't. Nothing against Johnson or Rebecca Black as a person, but there is a much more deserving person out there.

This is a very friendly place and great at helping each other REGARDING MOTORCYCLING. At the end of the day, she was your friend, not ours. You did your due diligence in asking complete strangers to vote, now you must respect the complete strangers answers. Calling them "self-absorbed a-holes" for not doing what you wanted is akin to me calling you a "self-absorbed a-holes" for not voting for (insert random vote here that you've never heard of).

Old July 16th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #12
AMMOCAN
SLIME-R

@ SSR: Yes, I would vote for my friend no matter what because showing your support is a friendly thing to do.

I guess I am just one who doesn't put boundaries or restrictions on when, in what context, and/or to what extent the situation needs to be before I am helpful to someone in need.

I respect the freedom by which they have and gave their reason for not voting, as it is the same freedom that I used to give my opinion about it. I gave my opinion in regards to the reason they gave and not because they didn't vote. I have and will continue to always do what I can when I can to help others out. I can be an a-hole at times if I need to be, but you will never ever see me be self-absorbed.