ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old November 7th, 2015, 11:56 AM   #1
gokartmozart
gokartmozart

Name: randy

Motorcycle(s): 250 ninja ,it's realy a ninja motor on a scratch built alum chassis (avatar is my old kart)

vent hose transmission 250

Has anybody removed the stock airbox , for any reason ? I'm replacing the stock airbox for what I call a "fuel tank/airbox" (my own design) * details if interested * question here is, what to do with the vent hose coming from the top of the trans? Install a breather filter or what ? thanx for any help
gokartmozart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2015, 12:16 PM   #2
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yes, it's fairly common.

For the airbox removal:
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11899

The hose out of the crank case under the airbox is a crankcase vent. When the airbox is removed, this gets a little bitty filter jammed onto it. This UNI breather fits if you keep the OEM "S" shaped rubber part:
"Uni Filter UP-103 1/2" Clamp-On Breather" I can't get the amazon link to work. But search the quoted name to find it.

FYI: the ninja250.org wiki is another awesome reference for typical stuff done to these engines, service, jetting, etc etc.
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Ninja250_Howto

Google search is a great thing also. For example, "ninjette.org: airbox" should get you some info. That's all I did. Or you can search the ninja250 wiki the same way. "faq.ninja250.org: pod filter" or whatever you're interested in. You'll find those direct links, plus other forums where people have linked the URL of things like what you're searching for.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2015, 01:14 PM   #3
xXecuterXx2
ChocolateMilk Addict

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): '05 EX-250 "Kallie" 85 KLT 110 ATC "Murdock"

well, not much else to say but