ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM   #1
Graphic Twist
- beyond titles -

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r (Black)

Angry Left front turn signal replacement and RAGE?

Hey:

I'm wondering if anyone out there has replaced their turn signals and wants to sell me the stock front left signal...

Some f*cker knocked my bike over (on it's left side so he had to put the stand up meaning it was no accident) scratched and cracked the fairing and broke the turn signal. Oh and to add a little insult to injury he stole my license plate too.

The bike was parked in my back yard (admittedly viewable from the street as I have no fence though).

I don't have the cash to replace the fairing right now and with my deductible at $500 it's not worth dealing with the insurance company.

The bike has only 957 km on it. I'm pissed.
Graphic Twist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM   #2
zev42
ninjette.org member

Name: Michelle

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

WTF? I hate people who touch bikes that don't belong to them.

Anywho, I've got a right turn signal available. I'm not sure, but I think the right can work for the left? Or, you can do what I did (when my left turn signal got ripped off by the pavement) and go to eBay and buy a new set of blinkers for under $15, including shipping.

If you'd like, I can post a picture of what the eBay turn signals look like :-)
zev42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM   #3
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja EX250R

They are completely interchangable. I have one that is missing the screw that holds the lens on and the wiring from it. I think I also have a couple extra complete ones. Might be able to send it regular Canada Post. Let me know if you still want it and we can work something out

Old September 23rd, 2009, 12:44 PM   #4
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Matt.... I'm so sorry you got jacked with... and thats why they need to change the gun laws in Cdn... u really need to get an alarm on that thing... at least it scares them off for a bit. Has worked for me many times.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2009, 01:07 PM   #5
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Matt.... I'm so sorry you got jacked with... and thats why they need to change the gun laws in Cdn... u really need to get an alarm on that thing... at least it scares them off for a bit. Has worked for me many times.
So why did you have to bring guns in that discussion? You have no point at all escpecially in this situation.

Graphic Twist: If you are short on cash just repair what is necessary for now and keep hunting for good deals on ebay and forums...it will eventually look like new again.

Old September 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM   #6
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
So why did you have to bring guns in that discussion? You have no point at all escpecially in this situation.
Hmmm "escpecially" is really "especially". U have an issue on guns and the protection of property? Everyone deserves the right to protect their own... including whats in your backyard where no one belongs! Level it, sight it, and they'll be dancin in some brass.... As a Cda to a Cda you can't argue my knowledge of our Cda govt by thinkin I'm an American know-nothing as many Cda's do.. our govt needs to get out of our lives and our liberties. Everything is so over regulated you need a licence to take a pee. Enter my backyard, touch my vehicles and your gonna hear the short "report". I'm tired of people taking their own liberties and stealin my crap. Work for it, buy it, own it. There's my point and I'm entitled to it as you are to yours.

Last futzed with by addy126; September 23rd, 2009 at 06:47 PM.
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM   #7
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by zev42 View Post
WTF? I hate people who touch bikes that don't belong to them.
I personally have no problem with people touching my bikes as long as their respectful and careful.

Now this bastard you did this needs to die.

Old September 24th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #8
Rayme
ninjette.org guru

Name: Remy

Motorcycle(s): '04 sv650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy126 View Post
Hmmm "escpecially" is really "especially". U have an issue on guns and the protection of property? Everyone deserves the right to protect their own... including whats in your backyard where no one belongs! Level it, sight it, and they'll be dancin in some brass.... As a Cda to a Cda you can't argue my knowledge of our Cda govt by thinkin I'm an American know-nothing as many Cda's do.. our govt needs to get out of our lives and our liberties. Everything is so over regulated you need a licence to take a pee. Enter my backyard, touch my vehicles and your gonna hear the short "report". I'm tired of people taking their own liberties and stealin my crap. Work for it, buy it, own it. There's my point and I'm entitled to it as you are to yours.
My issue of protection of property is I'm not dumb enough to risk my life over a piece of metal, as you have NO IDEA who you're shooting at (be it a stupid drunk teenagers or a gang member testing you, NO IDEA). We're going to pay insurance through our ass all our life, better make use of it. And I'm still wondering how having a gun would have prevented that act of vandalism...there's so many **** you don't control when you bring that issue into picture. I'm not against gun regulation, I'm just dumbfounded how many people bring guns as an "answer" for every crime there is.

Old September 24th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #9
ztrack157
The Sportisi Master

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250

I agree with Remy. I'm a gun toting member of the NRA. My guns are used for two purposes recreation and self defense. Its the idiots who think they have the right to shoot someone over a material item who ruin it for the rest. As screwed up as that person may be for screwing with your stuff you never have the right to take a life. Now if you want to beat the crap out of them and keep them there until the police arrive that would be ok in my book.

Old September 24th, 2009, 05:47 AM   #10
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Our CDA laws are stupid though, the criminals have more rights than the law obeying, if someone cuts themselves breaking into your property they have the right to sue you for pain and suffereing, if there is a home invasion and you as the home owner take action, you are held criminally accountable for you actions, there is no such thing as protecting your property here... it's against the law

Old September 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM   #11
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingtigger View Post
Our CDA laws are stupid though, the criminals have more rights than the law obeying, if someone cuts themselves breaking into your property they have the right to sue you for pain and suffering, if there is a home invasion and you as the home owner take action, you are held criminally accountable for you actions, there is no such thing as protecting your property here... it's against the law
That sounds a little like a small exaggeration of how the justice system is making it easier and easier to be a criminal but harder and harder to be a law-abiding citizen. I've heard from cops that if someone breaks into your house and you shoot them to make sure you kill them inside the house. That way in the case file it gets listed as self-defense. If they live they can turn around, sue you, and most likely win your house from you because of how screwed up our justice system is.

To the OP:
You said they took your plate. Well make sure the police are notified and can keep a watch out for anyone stupid enough to actually use it. If so, then you might actually find the dumb**** in order to press charges against and get the money you need for repairs. It might be a long shot, it might not be. I would still make sure to file a police report and make absolutely sure they know the plate number that was stolen.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #12
divingtigger
Pedal Power

Not really exagerating, right now there is a case before the courts where someone was robbing a convienence store and the owner attacked them with a weapon, a couple days later the girl died from her injuries and he was arrested for assult cauing death, oh ya and our law system prevents full details being release so there was no mention as to what the weapon was or how she was injured.

Old September 24th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #13
gizmogamez
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by divingtigger View Post
Not really exagerating, right now there is a case before the courts where someone was robbing a convienence store and the owner attacked them with a weapon, a couple days later the girl died from her injuries and he was arrested for assult cauing death, oh ya and our law system prevents full details being release so there was no mention as to what the weapon was or how she was injured.
Not trying to say you are totally wrong, but I have heard fo cases like this before and usually what happens is they look at if excessive force was used or not. If a guy walks into a store with a knife and says give me money, and you pull out a shot gun and shoot him in the face then it's excesive force. If you pull out a bat and smash him in the head once as he swong at you with the knife and kill him, then they will look at if you only hit him once, or if you freaked and hit him 6 times. I know alot of people from TX and they all think the same way (not sayaing all do, just the ones I know), they all say if a guys steps on my property (even if he's selling bibles) they will shoot him dead and there will be no questions asked, all because they have a sign at the top of the driveway saying no tresspassing.

side note: there was an episode of CSI (miami I believe) where a guy broke into a house, and the dad grabed a bat, he hit the guy a few times but the guy ran out of the house, the mistake the dad made was he ran after the guy and cracked his head open with one last swing outside, and while the guy was running away. the point there was the same as those cops might of been trying to make. If the dad had killed him with one swing in the house it's self defence, but there is a line you shouldn't cross and the guy did it. A gun would work the same.
and our law only prevents details from being released before and during the trial. freedom of information allows us to access all that information after the trial.

it all makes sence to me, and I also don't see guns solving anything, it just seems to be a very american way of thinking (from my own personal experience, not saying it's fact or saying some canadians don't also feel that way).
gizmogamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #14
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

It's cases like that becoming more and more common that lead me (and others) to believe that a second revolutionary war will happen sometime in my lifetime here in the states. The more the justice system and the government hurts the regular citizen with BS like that, the angrier the general public gets. It's coming dangerously close to a boiling point with the general public not willing to take the abuse anymore. You can only push and abuse the people for so long before they push back.

Sorry for the minor thread jacking.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2009, 09:30 AM   #15
gizmogamez
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE Green

as far as I know the only differnece between the left and right front turn signals is the colour of the plastic on the connector piece.
gizmogamez is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #16
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayme View Post
I'm not against gun regulation, I'm just dumbfounded how many people bring guns as an "answer" for every crime there is.

I'm not anti-gun at all (I intend to get my PAL sometime soon actually), but IMO, nobody should even be considering opening fire on another human over property damage!
Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 24th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #17
divingtigger
Pedal Power

There is a gun problem in our country but it is in the hands of criminals. I don't see how a gun would really protect your property in Canada, if you shot an intruder you go to jail, if you pull it out to scare them you are most likely going to get shot at. I really don't like the idea of having a gun in my home and it most likely won't happen.... until my daughters turn 16 then it will be a shot gun, a rocking chair on the front step and a loyal dog beside me JK of course

Actually all the connectors and everything are the same on all 4 corners of my 2008, not sure if it is different on others

Old September 24th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #18
divingtigger
Pedal Power

I remember when I was young we used to bike through a farmers field and pick cucumbers and pumpkins on occasion, until the farmer caught us and started shooting at us. He weapon of choice was shot gun shells loaded with rock salt.....oddly enough we never went back on his farm

Old September 24th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #19
DarkNinja52
ninjette.org sage

Name: aj

Motorcycle(s): Red 09 Ninja 250r aka Sheila (RIP), Red '10 Ninja 250r aka Sasha (Sold), White '13 Ninja 300 (To be Purchased)

flush mount time?
i want to get some flush mounts considering how my bike is still 100% stock except for some aftermarket scratches, those came free when i bought my 'slip-n-bleed' from the wet parking lot.
how much do good flush mounts run for? actually, sorry, you can have your thread back
but let us know if you decide to put flush mounts on