ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old April 26th, 2019, 08:29 AM   #1
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

selling three bikes and buying a new 400

I have three bikes, a 2012 ninja 650, 2007 suzuki drz400s, and a 2009 ninja 250. i used to ride a lot, all the time. i guess i am feeling my mortality as i age, not to mention three people have been killed just in this one county in four weeks on motorcycles, all due to driver error.
a close friend was just killed on his lunch break two days ago by a left turning cager, and a guy i work with was hit by another left turning idiot and broke his arm, leg, wrist and two fingers.
so i have decided to not ride to work anymore, and to ride much less in general. i have never been in love with the 650, and although i love the drz and 250, i decided to sell all three, and buy a new 400 to replace them. i dont need three bikes if i am not riding much, and selling all three will allow me to almost buy a new bike with cash in hand.
i am working the dealers now in a tri state area, making a short list of those that are serious about working a great deal, I will be buying a 2019 red/grey abs model. figured it i buy a new bike, i might as well go with the most current model, the yamaha looks just dont do it for me, the honda single thumper aint going to cut the mustard. and although i prefer the looks of the 300 vs 400, the added power just makes since. i have loved this 250 more than any other bike i have owned, but a little more power, with about the same size and weight would be ideal.
i will keep you folks posted as i sell my three steads, and will show off the new pics of the 400 when i buy it. should be in 3 months or less, not in a hurry, but this is also the time of year to be selling bikes.
gantt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old April 26th, 2019, 08:38 AM   #2
Bigballsofpaint
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

I was in the same boat sans all the deceased associates a year ago. I wasnt riding to work as often, i was hitting the track once or twice a year, and i wasnt taking as many bike trips with the wife anymore so i sold 2 of my 3 and i cant say i really regret it. Having 1 bike that can do all of it vs dedicated ones seems to work better for me right now. Its not perfect but it gets the job done. I will prob sell it in 2 years for something else, but not having 2 more bikes for oil changes, tires, fuel, insurance, etc is also pretty nice.

Old April 26th, 2019, 08:57 AM   #3
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, Sold 2012 Ninja 650, Sold 2009 Ninja 250r, Sold 2007 DRZ400s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
I was in the same boat sans all the deceased associates a year ago. I wasnt riding to work as often, i was hitting the track once or twice a year, and i wasnt taking as many bike trips with the wife anymore so i sold 2 of my 3 and i cant say i really regret it. Having 1 bike that can do all of it vs dedicated ones seems to work better for me right now. Its not perfect but it gets the job done. I will prob sell it in 2 years for something else, but not having 2 more bikes for oil changes, tires, fuel, insurance, etc is also pretty nice.
my wife does not ride anymore, since we took a tumble on our honeymoon trip in 2012,
i was keeping them because they are paid for, and well taken care of, but i can buy a different bike later, if i want to. it will be nice to only have one, in a way. and no more carbs, did i ever say i am SICK of carb bikes? FI and i am fine. the biggest thing i am going to miss is the sound of that Area P Quite Core pipe, man that pipe makes the little ninja sound like a champ!!! I'm sure Kerry would sell me a pipe for the 400. lol if i can afford it. haha

Old April 26th, 2019, 09:23 AM   #4
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Sounds like a rough time for bikers. I hope that trend drops. Oy.

On the bright side, the 400s look great. I think if I get a new bike, that'll be my choice. And the ABS is a definite upgrade from previous bikes.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 26th, 2019, 09:32 AM   #5
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Sounds like a rough time for bikers. I hope that trend drops. Oy.

On the bright side, the 400s look great. I think if I get a new bike, that'll be my choice. And the ABS is a definite upgrade from previous bikes.
for sure, people look at me like i am an idiot when i tell them i dont want a large displacement bike.
so far on the first round of pricing, my best price is $6,200 out the door. i have a couple folks that are telling me they will blow the best price out of the water, so i told them i would certainly give them the chance.
some prices are so high i didnt even write it down, simply marked an X through the dealer name on my list. 7400??? i want some of what they are smoking. i fully expect to pay MSRP or maybe 500 bucks higher. when i bought my 650, it was within a couple hundred of msrp.

Old April 26th, 2019, 10:57 AM   #6
CaliGrrl

Yeah, I get the same reaction when I say I'm happy with my little bike. So many people seem to expect maximum displacement and they all ask me when I'm getting a "real" bike. They act like there's something wrong with me for not wanting more power and speed but honestly, I'm not yet using all the 250 has. Why do I want something heavier?

Old April 27th, 2019, 03:27 PM   #7
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

I test rode the 400 during bike week. I was impressed. It wheelies with out much effort. It is also very smooth. Not as high raving as the 250, but still lots of fun.
I like working my 250 through the gears.

I rode Yamaha, Honda and the Kawasaki. The Kawasaki won hands down. Power, smooth, handling, and looks. Make sure you spring for ABS. I have been having trouble lately getting my bikes to stop.
Cafe Racer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 27th, 2019, 04:19 PM   #8
ducatiman

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Sorry to invade this thread but can't agree more on the displacement and weight comments you guys posted.

Bigger not always better.....and light is right.

I'm still riding around on my hopelessly outdated, simple, mid-90's Ducati 900 and lovin' it.....no need for anything larger or newer.

Riding responsibly, no "street racing" ....I'm sure you feel the same...I can't possibly come close to using the bikes full potential in real world, normal street conditions.

@gantt Good luck with your sales and 400 purchase...a wise choice.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 29th, 2019, 04:35 AM   #9
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Got the 650 sold, coming to pick it up today. Now to get the other two sold.
The best price I have for a 400 is $5400, and Ga tag tax would be another 400 bucks. But it's 350 miles away. Hoping to just use the out the door price as leverage for a dealer closer to me.
Really would rather buy used, but I want a certain color, and used 400's are sparse. Found a 18 model with 1200 miles for $7,000! Another 18 with 13k miles and salvage title for $4000. Yikes!!
Looking like I will be buying new after all, unless I run across a good deal.

Old April 29th, 2019, 01:00 PM   #10
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Maybe you should contact some dealers out here to see if they offer delivery. Found one offering 400 for $3998 and other at $4199.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 30th, 2019, 08:34 AM   #11
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gantt View Post
I have three bikes, a 2012 ninja 650, 2007 suzuki drz400s, and a 2009 ninja 250. i used to ride a lot, all the time. i guess i am feeling my mortality as i age, not to mention three people have been killed just in this one county in four weeks on motorcycles, all due to driver error.
a close friend was just killed on his lunch break two days ago by a left turning cager, and a guy i work with was hit by another left turning idiot and broke his arm, leg, wrist and two fingers.
so i have decided to not ride to work anymore, and to ride much less in general. i have never been in love with the 650, and although i love the drz and 250, i decided to sell all three, and buy a new 400 to replace them. i dont need three bikes if i am not riding much, and selling all three will allow me to almost buy a new bike with cash in hand.
i am working the dealers now in a tri state area, making a short list of those that are serious about working a great deal, I will be buying a 2019 red/grey abs model. figured it i buy a new bike, i might as well go with the most current model, the yamaha looks just dont do it for me, the honda single thumper aint going to cut the mustard. and although i prefer the looks of the 300 vs 400, the added power just makes since. i have loved this 250 more than any other bike i have owned, but a little more power, with about the same size and weight would be ideal.
i will keep you folks posted as i sell my three steads, and will show off the new pics of the 400 when i buy it. should be in 3 months or less, not in a hurry, but this is also the time of year to be selling bikes.
So sorry to hear about your friends man. I often wonder if it’s just me that’s been noticing an influx of bad driving by cagers. I live in Illinois not too far from Chicago and it’s bad in the town of 35k I live in. These people either don’t see you or they see you and just don’t give a ****. Every time I’m out something happens. It’s to the point where sometimes I have to pull over and collect myself because I’m either pissed off, crapped my pants, or both. If a driver F’s up I let them know about it. They need to know. If I can see and look for motorcycles than so can they! I think it’s honestly due to the invention of the cell phone. It’s distracted driving. Sure some is just ass hole driving.

Anyway, I’m sorry you feel you need to ride less because of the incidents with your friends. I sure hope that never happens to me. I wake up to ride, absolutely live to ride. If it’s not raining I’m on my bike, even if it’s just to run somewhere real quick.

I do like your choice in the 400 though. As we get older it’s not about how fast but about just riding. I am ready to upgrade myself to around 600cc’s but I will be keeping my 250. I really want an R6 or FZ6r. I love what Yamaha brings to the table. However I won’t be buying anything until I try out a 400 as well. I love the size and weight of the 250 so much that it definitely makes sense to buy a 400. Can’t wait to see where your journey takes you! Good luck and RIP to your friends and all of our fallen friends who succumbed to idiot drivers.

Old April 30th, 2019, 08:41 AM   #12
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

I didn’t know 400’s were so cheap! Maybe it’s time I start looking?! Wow where have I been? Lol
I also think I would be doing myself a disservice not to see what KTM has to offer.

Old April 30th, 2019, 08:52 AM   #13
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

All black? Yes please! Sorry for invading.

Old April 30th, 2019, 12:23 PM   #14
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Got the 650 sold, coming to pick it up today. Now to get the other two sold.
The best price I have for a 400 is $5400, and Ga tag tax would be another 400 bucks. But it's 350 miles away. Hoping to just use the out the door price as leverage for a dealer closer to me.
Really would rather buy used, but I want a certain color, and used 400's are sparse. Found a 18 model with 1200 miles for $7,000! Another 18 with 13k miles and salvage title for $4000. Yikes!!
Looking like I will be buying new after all, unless I run across a good deal.
Lowest I found on-line around here for a Ninja 400 ABS is $4,300. Plus tax, tags, destinations. But the only red one I found was $5,300
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2019, 04:10 AM   #15
gantt
ninjette.org sage

i have a dealer down to 5400, 350 miles away, going to see if a more local dealer will price match, save me some hours driving. the red model has a higher list price from kawi, and of course the abs adds some too.
i have not sold a bike in 4 years or so, and was surprised to see craigslist is about dead. have not gotten one legit call yet, only the typical scammers. got the bikes on some facebook pages, i live in a industrial area and have had the most luck selling things from my front yard. we have high traffic of semi trucks, and other vehicles going to and from several plants nearby. ive had interest, but no heavy bites yet, asking top dollar, so its time to drop the price a tad and see if i can get a good bite.
was going to pay cash for the new bike, but got to thinking, i might pay off the rest of my debt instead, and finance through kawi or my bank, credit is dang good so i should get a good rate, better than my cc debt is.

Old May 1st, 2019, 09:02 AM   #16
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Yeah if a loan for the new bike has a better interest rate than any other debt that you have, pay off the other debt and take the loan for the bike.
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 1st, 2019, 12:02 PM   #17
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
If I was looking for a new bike it would be the 400... best wishes

Old May 2nd, 2019, 05:26 AM   #18
gantt
ninjette.org sage

sold the 250 last night. bittersweet seeing it go.
called my insurance company to drop coverage for both 250 and 650, and got an estimate for the new 400. was very shocked to get a quote of 195 dollars a month!!! she said the multi bike discount is 20%, but still. wow if i cannot find it MUCH cheaper, i will not be buying a 400. my 650 was much cheaper than that when i bought it new. its time to shop around for sure on rates.
also going to call my local racer/small time dealer and see if he will give or sell me a title to some old, cheap and small disp. bike, and i'll insure it jsut for the discount. WOW.. still in shock over that price.

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:04 AM   #19
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Check other companies.

Some rate "sporty" bikes the same as Sport Bikes and some don't. My original company placed my SV650n in the Sport category, so I switched to a company that didn't.

As the displacement of the little Ninja steps up, most likely so does the insurance premium.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:12 AM   #20
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Harley Fatboy, Honda CX500, Harley XL1200C Sportster, 305 Honda Dream, Ninja 250

Time to change insurance companies.
By the way who holds your current coverage?

Old May 2nd, 2019, 06:56 AM   #21
gantt
ninjette.org sage

ok so i called my local dealer and got a vin number for the exact model i want, and had a quote that way, 22 a month full coverage. i am guessing they selected a 600 or 636 or something the first time. whew...

edit... been with Dairyland for 3 years now, have been happy with them. with a price like this, i wont even bother to shop around. they have been my best rate for a couple years that i actually did check around to see what else was offered

Old May 2nd, 2019, 09:54 AM   #22
CaliGrrl

Dang, that's quite a difference in price!!! We didn't even pay that much for me when I was a brand new rider. $22 a month is much better.

Old May 2nd, 2019, 10:07 AM   #23
gantt
ninjette.org sage

well i have an out the door price for 5925, and much more local, only 120 miles out from home, one way. save me 360 miles round trip vs the N.C. dealer. still working a couple locals to see if i can squeeze a little more out of the deal

anyone want to buy a drz400? haha. the bike i figured would sell first is the last one standing. i guess the sport bikes just have a larger market share.

Old May 4th, 2019, 07:43 PM   #24
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Sold the drz today, will be picking up a red Ninja 400 Tuesday for 6k out the door. Best deal I could find local. No sense in driving 240 miles if I can get one for a little more within 50 miles.

Old May 4th, 2019, 10:46 PM   #25
CaliGrrl

Nice!

Old May 5th, 2019, 05:57 AM   #26
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Good luck.
I am shocked the 400 ninja is $6K all in. Looks to me after a quick google search Kawasaki is proud of it’s 400 ninja.

Kawasaki is have a sale “time to ride” or something like that. The ninja 400 is not on the list of bikes.

I guess with the booming economy they can hold firm of pricing.

Old May 6th, 2019, 06:28 AM   #27
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
Good luck.
I am shocked the 400 ninja is $6K all in. Looks to me after a quick google search Kawasaki is proud of it’s 400 ninja.

Kawasaki is have a sale “time to ride” or something like that. The ninja 400 is not on the list of bikes.

I guess with the booming economy they can hold firm of pricing.
its the hottest little bike at the moment, and i reckon you got to pay to get the best bike in the small disp. category.
i found one for as low as 5865 but was out of state, it also doesn't help that the red color i want cost more on msrp, and abs cost a little more too. those two together prolly cost me another 500 bucks on the deal.
boss rides, so he had no issues giving me some time off work to go pick it up tomorrow. got to buy new straps first, i loaned a guy mine to take my 650 home, he showed up with big equipment straps and chains and i just couldn't see my 650 get mauled on the way home like that. i asked he bring them back the next days since he is local, of course he promised he would. and of course he didnt. lol figured, but i bought those straps in 2012 when i bought the 650, so i got my 20 bucks out of them.
pics coming tomorrow on the new stead!!

Old May 6th, 2019, 02:56 PM   #28
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Quote:
its the hottest little bike at the moment, and i reckon you got to pay to get the best bike in the small disp. category.
i found one for as low as 5865 but was out of state, it also doesn't help that the red color i want cost more on msrp, and abs cost a little more too. those two together prolly cost me another 500 bucks on the deal.
boss rides, so he had no issues giving me some time off work to go pick it up tomorrow. got to buy new straps first, i loaned a guy mine to take my 650 home, he showed up with big equipment straps and chains and i just couldn't see my 650 get mauled on the way home like that. i asked he bring them back the next days since he is local, of course he promised he would. and of course he didnt. lol figured, but i bought those straps in 2012 when i bought the 650, so i got my 20 bucks out of them.
pics coming tomorrow on the new stead!!

I like red and good decision on the ABS. The one I rode at Daytona Bike Week was very nice. Kawasaki made you ride in an escorted group. No funny business. A couple of us lucked out. We were at the back of the pack. A late arrival held up the trailing Roadmaster, aka joy killer. Then a red light got use cut off from the lead group. Nothing to do but twist the throttle. I banged a very hard second gear and pulled a nice wheelie. We had a couple of drag races and then we cough up to the lead group. So back to 45 mph for the rest of the trip. It was a very fun bike. Not a little pissant 250. I do like my 250 and am looking for number two. Got a lead on one with less then 5000 miles for an asking of $995 with title. Not running right from sitting. Hoping $500 out the door. It’s been up for sale for a month with no takers. Plastic is in good shape so I can get a few bucks for that stuff. Trying to do a cafe racer again. This one I will put up for sale.

Old May 8th, 2019, 02:55 AM   #29
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafe Racer View Post
I like red and good decision on the ABS. The one I rode at Daytona Bike Week was very nice. Kawasaki made you ride in an escorted group. No funny business. A couple of us lucked out. We were at the back of the pack. A late arrival held up the trailing Roadmaster, aka joy killer. Then a red light got use cut off from the lead group. Nothing to do but twist the throttle. I banged a very hard second gear and pulled a nice wheelie. We had a couple of drag races and then we cough up to the lead group. So back to 45 mph for the rest of the trip. It was a very fun bike. Not a little pissant 250. I do like my 250 and am looking for number two. Got a lead on one with less then 5000 miles for an asking of $995 with title. Not running right from sitting. Hoping $500 out the door. It’s been up for sale for a month with no takers. Plastic is in good shape so I can get a few bucks for that stuff. Trying to do a cafe racer again. This one I will put up for sale.
Awesome to hear. Didn't get the bike yesterday, they lost it until late in the day. But did say they will deliver it for me today, will save me the 120 mile round trip. Looking forward to swinging a leg over it and riding. I sat on one at a local dealer, but refrained myself from making engine sounds.

Old May 8th, 2019, 03:40 AM   #30
Cafe Racer
ninjette.org member

Have fun and good luck

Old May 8th, 2019, 07:32 PM   #31
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Got the bike home, took if for a short ride around town, stopped a few times to adjust the controls. This is going to be a really fun bike. Everything I wished my 250 was, without the added weight my 650 carried. Abs works! I might have closed my eyes when I tested the front brake. In all my miles, you could never grab a hand full of front brake like that.
Didn't run it hard since it's new, but I am very pleased with the power, and it feels so light.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0474.jpg (170.4 KB, 8 views)

Old May 9th, 2019, 06:42 AM   #32
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Got the bike home, took if for a short ride around town, stopped a few times to adjust the controls. This is going to be a really fun bike. Everything I wished my 250 was, without the added weight my 650 carried. Abs works! I might have closed my eyes when I tested the front brake. In all my miles, you could never grab a hand full of front brake like that.
Didn't run it hard since it's new, but I am very pleased with the power, and it feels so light.
Congrats! Very nice.

One suggestion - don't "baby it" too much. You don't need to rev it, just do plenty of long high-gear pulls (without bogging) to created combustion pressure (load) and seat the rings well.

At this point "break-in" time and requirements aren't what they used to be (according to my race-engine builder friend), but load is still a good idea. Revs don't accomplish it.

He also recommends a quick 1st oil change.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2019, 07:48 AM   #33
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Very nice. Congrats.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2019, 08:41 AM   #34
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Congrats! Very nice.

One suggestion - don't "baby it" too much. You don't need to rev it, just do plenty of long high-gear pulls (without bogging) to created combustion pressure (load) and seat the rings well.

At this point "break-in" time and requirements aren't what they used to be (according to my race-engine builder friend), but load is still a good idea. Revs don't accomplish it.

He also recommends a quick 1st oil change.
I'll change the oil at 50 miles, then five hundred for a couple times. I won't be following the book verbatim, but no crazy stuff. I've always broken in like I ride them. Hard but not abused.
My dad always followed the book, his brother ran the engine for all it had. Growing up my uncles dirt bikes was always a little faster. Even with the rider swapped, over the course of four different sets of bikes.
Due to oil being below the site glass I drained it as soon as I got home to see how low it was, with 1.1 miles it was already sliver colored.

Old May 9th, 2019, 10:46 AM   #35
CaliGrrl

Nice bike!

Old May 9th, 2019, 02:55 PM   #36
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
I'll change the oil at 50 miles, then five hundred for a couple times. I won't be following the book verbatim, but no crazy stuff. I've always broken in like I ride them. Hard but not abused.
My dad always followed the book, his brother ran the engine for all it had. Growing up my uncles dirt bikes was always a little faster. Even with the rider swapped, over the course of four different sets of bikes.
Due to oil being below the site glass I drained it as soon as I got home to see how low it was, with 1.1 miles it was already sliver colored.
Should I be afraid of what my oil might look like? I wasn't planning on having it changed until the first service. Takara has around 360 miles on her right now. Don't mean to thread jack, just curious.

Your new baby is pretty sweet looking

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 9th, 2019, 04:18 PM   #37
gantt
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
Should I be afraid of what my oil might look like? I wasn't planning on having it changed until the first service. Takara has around 360 miles on her right now. Don't mean to thread jack, just curious.

Your new baby is pretty sweet looking
It's scary looking when you see that silver oil. But completely normal for an engine and transmission breaking in. Change it early, won't hurt, could only help. I myself am not a fan of circulating microscopic metal debris through my engine.