ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old April 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #1
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

BLINC M1 Bluetooth integrated communication

Just bought the BLINC M1 bluetooth headset from Cycle gear for $99 yesterday.

Impression:

Quality: 7/10 The built was rigid and very sturdy when clipped onto the helmet. However the make looks very cheap like.

Sound: 5/10 It is clear when talking with bluetooth or listening to music.

Connection: 5/10 I've got a couple of drops or it wont auto connect like I wanted it which was annoying.

Noise: 1/10 If I can give it a -10 I would. Reason for this is because even on the initial start-up use with bluetooth and music, there is "white-noise" very static-like in the background which annoys the hell out of me.

News: I am returning it today at Cycle Gear. GET SOMETHING ELSE, this is NOT worth the money. You will hate yourself for using this bluetooth headset which will buzz in your ears as you ride.... It sucks!

Hopefully whoever out there is thinking about getting this, stay away from it!

BUYERS BEWARE!

-AzEKnightz
AzEKnightz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 04:40 AM   #2
Fly'in Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): C-250R-ST

Thanks for the review, I was thinking of ordering the Blinc M2. But now I won't
Fly'in Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 04:57 AM   #3
jstrain
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): '04 Aprilia RSV, '10 Bonneville, '10 Ninjette

My dad bought a Bluetooth helmet (Element?). We tried Scala units at one point. Worked pretty well for communicating, but the music quality was awful as it couldn't do stereo.

He's been very happy with the helmet.

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:42 PM   #4
arielaa
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ariel

Motorcycle(s): None yet

integrated communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzEKnightz View Post
Just bought the BLINC M1 bluetooth headset from Cycle gear for $99 yesterday.

Impression:

Quality: 7/10 The built was rigid and very sturdy when clipped onto the helmet. However the make looks very cheap like.

Sound: 5/10 It is clear when talking with bluetooth or listening to music.

Connection: 5/10 I've got a couple of drops or it wont auto connect like I wanted it which was annoying.

Noise: 1/10 If I can give it a -10 I would. Reason for this is because even on the initial start-up use with bluetooth and music, there is "white-noise" very static-like in the background which annoys the hell out of me.

News: I am returning it today at Cycle Gear. GET SOMETHING ELSE, this is NOT worth the money. You will hate yourself for using this bluetooth headset which will buzz in your ears as you ride.... It sucks!

Hopefully whoever out there is thinking about getting this, stay away from it!

BUYERS BEWARE!

-AzEKnightz
I totally agree with you. This integrated communications device should work great, but definitely return it if you are having troupble.

Last futzed with by arielaa; April 18th, 2011 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling
arielaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #5
AzEKnightz
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250r SE

Talking XBi

So, after the return of the Blinc M1. I've decided to give the integrated system another try with a different brand.

I've asked the guys there at CycleGear, and they've said the XBi has been great and there hasnt much returns.

So, I've gave that a try and just had to pay approximately $50 more.

Installation compared to the BLINC M1 was just as easy and it has LONGER wires from the left to right side speaker so you can actually HIDE all the wires behind the paddings which was great where as the BLINC M1, i can BARELY even get them routed correctly.

Sound quality, absolutely amazing. Bluetooth sound quality was great, music was spot on and above all NO MORE WHITE NOISE in the background.

It comes with intercom feature, bluetooth and A2DP for music. I highly recommend this unit for those that really hate the bulky units.

The con: My friend pointed this out, but it wasnt much of a bother to me. You cannot change track if you are listening to music. However I dont even use that feature. Either I am on FM radio station or I have my play list ready. But above all, my primary usage for this is bluetooth just incase of emergency calls from family and my Fiance.

Trust me guys, I DONT TALK WHILE I RIDE. But with this unit, it just made life MUCH easier and alot better.

The extra feature is great when riding with a bunch of friends where you can intercom if something happened.

The price at cycle gear was $179.99. Everything you need is included in the kit.
AzEKnightz is offline   Reply With Quote