ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old March 22nd, 2009, 08:50 PM   #1
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Name: Purspeed

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Raising the rear ride height on 2007 Ninja Q?

I've searched but have come up empty handed. Will this hyabusa lowering link mod work on my '07?

Or, phrased another way, is the rear suspension geometry/design the same on the generation 1 and 2008+ models?

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=110212

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)
Purspeed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Verus Cidere
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): '91 Honda CBR600 F2

I'm a little confused. You said you wanted to raise the ride height and are suggesting lowering links? Or is this another thing I don't know enough about yet?
Verus Cidere is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:06 PM   #3
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
I'm a little confused. You said you wanted to raise the ride height and are suggesting lowering links? Or is this another thing I don't know enough about yet?
Yup. It's the Hyabusa lowering link mod. The lowering links on the Hyabusa are about 15 bucks and can raise the 2008+ models by up to 2". So, the question is whether the 2007 model's suspension design is unchanged from the 2008.

"This is my Ninja. There are many like it, but this one is mine..." ~ Purspeed (ca. Nov, 2008)

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:13 PM   #4
Verus Cidere

Hmmm... I had no idea! My bad.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:20 PM   #5
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

No problem. I suspect that this mod will work, but I would like some input before I go ahead.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:32 PM   #6
Verus Cidere

That's generally a good idea. Wouldn't want to do something that might screw up how your bike works, cause a spill, and damage your new exhaust right? (Lucky!)

Old March 23rd, 2009, 02:28 PM   #7
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

I did a bit of homework (looking at pic's) and it appears as if they are different, after all. But, this doesn't mean that there isn't a solution! I will find one...

Old March 23rd, 2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Verus Cidere

A little while ago, while searching the net for mods, I found a site that has a suspension mod. It's just a different rear shock/spring that raises your tail about 1.5"-2". I don't remember where it is, but I'll see if I can find it again. That might be a bit easier than trying to rig something from an entirely different bike??

Edit -- I think I found it. I searched around a bit, and found a guy on another forum who put an SV 650 shock on his bike. Maybe not the most practical thing in the world, but these are the results:

suspension jump.jpg

I also found a shock like this on eBay for cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SV-65...Q5fAccessories

Hope that helps!

Old March 24th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #9
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
A little while ago, while searching the net for mods, I found a site that has a suspension mod. It's just a different rear shock/spring that raises your tail about 1.5"-2". I don't remember where it is, but I'll see if I can find it again. That might be a bit easier than trying to rig something from an entirely different bike??

Edit -- I think I found it. I searched around a bit, and found a guy on another forum who put an SV 650 shock on his bike. Maybe not the most practical thing in the world, but these are the results:

Attachment 1103

I also found a shock like this on eBay for cheap:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SV-65...Q5fAccessories

Hope that helps!
Thank you very much for that info Verus. I just contacted the Ebay seller to see if this part will work to lift the rear end similar to the picture that you attached.

Actually, I'll ask you: is the only change on the bike pictured the SV650 shock?

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #10
Verus Cidere

No I don't think so. I think he said he got different fork springs too. Here's the link to the forum. It says exactly what he did with it there.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...inja-250r.html

It's close to the bottom of the page. I believe he says he has ninja EX500 fork springs. I also think he mentions nos (which, for those of you completely out-of-tune with the modification world, is nitrous oxide, which basically turns your regular old internal combustion engine into a rocket engine.). Guy seems like an idiot for that in my book. Oh well.

Old March 26th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #11
Purspeed
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
No I don't think so. I think he said he got different fork springs too. Here's the link to the forum. It says exactly what he did with it there.

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/fo...inja-250r.html

It's close to the bottom of the page. I believe he says he has ninja EX500 fork springs. I also think he mentions nos (which, for those of you completely out-of-tune with the modification world, is nitrous oxide, which basically turns your regular old internal combustion engine into a rocket engine.). Guy seems like an idiot for that in my book. Oh well.
Thanks for the link and info.

I'll probably just measure the dogbones and find something with similar spec's but shorter, swap and call it a day.