ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM   #1
istreefitty
sir posts a lot

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): '09 Black 250R

this is scary

No matter which side of the fence you are on this is just plain scary.

Link to original page on YouTube.

more importantly the reaction is scary

istreefitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #2
kkim

I see a class of kids... did I miss something? scary??? not really.
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #3
zartan
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: zartan

Motorcycle(s): 08 250 R

gee the verbiage. Work hard, work together, equal rights. not so scary. It would be awesome!
We sung song about the President when we were kids. And thanksgiving was allowed and xmas too!! oh an halloween my favorite.

everyone kill your tele...

Old September 29th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Jerry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jerry

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by zartan View Post

everyone kill your tele...
Killed mine six years ago...and my kids don't even care....
Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 29th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #5
zartan

No cable or reception since 2001 ( before 911)
but hey we watch dvd and series on dvd. No commercials I am with ya! I have to really take care not to watch hulu on the 'puter cause that would be cheating. Maybe once or twice a year a dougie howser or something.haha!

Old September 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #6
istreefitty
sir posts a lot

I def do not remember making up songs about the president like that when I was a kid. States capitols, interesting historical points, and even songs about the state of texas....but not pesidents. Ohh yea and I do remember songs about thanksgiving and Christmas and Halloween....all of which are not allowed in some schools anymore.

this is off topic but I am the OP....Does anyone know that Hawaii is in sooo much debt that they ordered 3 furlough days a month. My friend has an 8 yr old that is only going to school for 11 days in the month of October!!!!!! Crazy that the 8th worst state for education has to give even more days off!!!

Old September 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #7
zartan

Sounds like it is time for home schooling. The kids I know that have been home schooled are for the most part more interesting, articulate, and just plain more fun to be around. But you have to weigh the commitment and see if you can do it. Once you get the curriculum down it kind of runs itself.

Old September 29th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #8
istreefitty
sir posts a lot

Ohh definately a fan of home schooling. I was home schooled from 3-5 and started 2nd grade on the 2nd semester.

Old September 29th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #9
OldGuy
Live Life

Name: Don

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Green SE Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by istreefitty View Post
I def do not remember making up songs about the president like that when I was a kid. States capitols, interesting historical points, and even songs about the state of texas....but not pesidents. Ohh yea and I do remember songs about thanksgiving and Christmas and Halloween....all of which are not allowed in some schools anymore.

this is off topic but I am the OP....Does anyone know that Hawaii is in sooo much debt that they ordered 3 furlough days a month. My friend has an 8 yr old that is only going to school for 11 days in the month of October!!!!!! Crazy that the 8th worst state for education has to give even more days off!!!
And if you are old enough you can remember when every day started with the Pledge of Alliance, you had to be able to draw a freehand a map of all 48 states (yea that old) name them and know the capitols in sixth grade, and in seventh know the preamble to the Constitution and the Amendments.

Teachers were Mr., Mrs. or Miss and you answered Yes Sir or Mame as appropriate. If you screwed up in school you better be telling the folks when you walked through the door because they already knew.

Yea times have changed.

[We now return you to your scheduled programing]

Old September 29th, 2009, 08:25 PM   #10
zartan

Old Guy I see nothing wrong with those days

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #11
coffeecandy
ninjette.org member

Name: Eli

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:

i bet you see nothing wrong with segregation...

Old September 30th, 2009, 11:24 AM   #12
seis gunnar
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R SE Lime Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
And if you are old enough you can remember when every day started with the Pledge of Alliance, you had to be able to draw a freehand a map of all 48 states (yea that old) name them and know the capitols in sixth grade, and in seventh know the preamble to the Constitution and the Amendments.

Teachers were Mr., Mrs. or Miss and you answered Yes Sir or Mame as appropriate. If you screwed up in school you better be telling the folks when you walked through the door because they already knew.

Yea times have changed.
Quote:
+1
When start school in the early 80's in Oklahoma, we still got swats out in the hall if we misbehaved. When I moved to Minnesota when I was ten, they gave us "yellow slips" telling our parents what we had done, for them to sign. The idea is they would punish us, well my classmates were all expert forgers so the parents never found out. Talk about going from one extreme to the other.
seis gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 1st, 2009, 03:02 AM   #13
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I see a class of kids... did I miss something? scary??? not really.
You didn't notice them being forcefully indoctrinated against their or their parent's wishes? It's infuriating and scary that they get away with it (this wasn't known until it was posted months later... how often is there a camera?). If John McCain won, how well would a forced song about him and his campaign promises blow over? Heads would roll. All involved would be fired and the retired teacher would probably even lose her pension.

To put it into perspective, Obama was only in office a month when that was filmed. It even references him as Jesus ("Red and yellow, black and white; they are equal/precious in his ["His" ?] sight").

Last futzed with by CZroe; October 1st, 2009 at 04:11 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2009, 07:55 PM   #14
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post

Yea times have changed.

It was like that when I was in school, minus the 48 states part, im only 20.
Cedilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #15
Hedge36
SooperChikkin.

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): BMW R1200GS Adventure, '07 250 Ninja

My ten-year-old daughter can't comprehend how we used to get beat in school.
Hedge36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #16
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
The kids I know that have been home schooled are for the most part more interesting, articulate, and just plain more fun to be around.
I know some kids who were home schooled and turned out well. I also know some who have social issues and don't do well getting along with others.
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #17
revstriker
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post

Yea times have changed.

+1
revstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2009, 01:17 AM   #18
Cedilla
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revstriker View Post
I know some kids who were home schooled and turned out well. I also know some who have social issues and don't do well getting along with others.
I was briefly home schooled in the 7th grade. I think public school, plays a very important part in the development of children. There is a lot of social skills that kids develop in school, that I think home schooling just can't replicate. It might work for some kids, but I think most need that interaction with teachers, and peers as part of a full education.
Cedilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #19
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I was home-schooled along with my twin brother. I think my social skills suffered but I'd like to think that it also did me some good.

Old October 16th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #20
miztyzo562

Vids down, was it this one??http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KamqvICunNE?

I cant believe this teacher would discourage someones right to choose. And to top it off her ignorance of the military "Your dad could be in the Army for a 100yrs" give me a break, I got out!

Old October 17th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #21
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by miztyzo562 View Post
Vids down, was it this one??http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KamqvICunNE?

I cant believe this teacher would discourage someones right to choose. And to top it off her ignorance of the military "Your dad could be in the Army for a 100yrs" give me a break, I got out!
Now, THAT, is scary. A teacher who doesn't even understand her own words (oh, FWIW, "right to choose" means something else to most people ) and yet challenges kids with nonsense scenarios. Doesn't she know the definition of the word "need?" If she disagrees that they are "needed," then THAT is what she should be challenging, not a hypothetical timeline! These kids would need to be intelligent FAR beyond their years to correct her AND respond to her unjust criticism, which is wholly unrealistic. That's what makes this "indoctrination." Then, as if it weren't ridiculous enough already, she spins the "troops in X_country for X_amount_of years" as meaning "PERSON in X_country for X_amount_of years," distorting the perspective. While a country can easily keep troops in another country for over 100 years, keeping a specific soldier would be ridiculous. Instead of making the distorted statement look ridiculous, she only made herself look ridiculous for misunderstanding/misinterpreting it. A "need" is a "need." If she is saying that Obama could take them out while they are still "needed" then she is admitting that he was promising the wrong thing, which is precisely why she should have questioned the true/untrue "need" instead.

Old October 17th, 2009, 12:34 AM   #22
AnarchoMoltov
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

I love how Fox news portrays this incident, as the "NORM" for all kids in America..And if that woman ever read an American History from a public school, then she would know it was PRO-AMERICAN propaganda..
AnarchoMoltov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2009, 12:55 AM   #23
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoMoltov View Post
I love how Fox news portrays this incident, as the "NORM" for all kids in America..And if that woman ever read an American History from a public school, then she would know it was PRO-AMERICAN propaganda..
Not many people know this, but consider the Pocahontas story. It wasn't a love story as portrayed in Disney's "Pocahontas" or "The New World." John Smith was an arrogant jerk who robbed, pillaged, and stole from the Indians. He was about to pay for his crimes when the chief's spoiled daughter saw something she wanted (him). The doting chief spared his life to please his daughter and would soon regret it. Rather than coming back for her and living happily ever after, Smith returned only to kidnap her and hold her ransom in exchange for the food her tribe had cultivated, harvested, and stored for the winter. Many more Indians likely died of starvation due to his and his crew's laziness (unwilling to prepare for winter so that they could seek profit), though Smith was seen as a hero for saving his own people.

Most people seeking the truth stop at the "Pocahontas went to Europe and married someone else" part because that's enough to dispel the love story interpretation, but the earlier story is where the major distortions happen. Sure enough, my history books in school only talked about how great he was and how she saved his life. IIRC, they were Bob Jones University or A Beka Book elementary school history books. Luckily, my mother had me read the adult version of "The Light and the Glory" back then for the true story (not sure that the childrens' version even existed back then).