ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 5th, 2020, 09:12 AM   #1
NativeZombie
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Gabriel

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Smile Pilot Jet Screw Help

I dissassembled my carbs over the winter for some maintenance, and now that I'm putting them back together with my new parts, I can't seem to remember the default position for the pilot jet screw inside the float bowl. I already have my idle/mixture screw backed put a hair over 2.5 turns and for the life of me, I cannot remember whether the pilot jet screw goes all the way in lightly sealed or a number of turns back out. Any advice or recommendations would be awesome! Thanks!!
NativeZombie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #2
ducatiman
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Gordon

Motorcycle(s): '95 DUCATI 900SS/SP '07 DUCATI SS800 '19 HONDA CBR650R

MOTM - Nov '18, Mar '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeZombie View Post
I dissassembled my carbs over the winter for some maintenance, and now that I'm putting them back together with my new parts, I can't seem to remember the default position for the pilot jet screw inside the float bowl. I already have my idle/mixture screw backed put a hair over 2.5 turns and for the life of me, I cannot remember whether the pilot jet screw goes all the way in lightly sealed or a number of turns back out. Any advice or recommendations would be awesome! Thanks!!
confusing semantics.....the pilot jet screw and idle/mix screw are 1 and the same. Note NO bleed holes, pointy tip, spring, washer and o-ring. Yes, 2.5 out from lightly seated is the accepted starting position. Though note they are NOT located *inside* the float bowl.

The actual pilot jet (which IS located inside the bowl) gets reasonably tightened. Don't go all gorilla, you'll regret it later. Note YES bleed holes and non-pointy tip, no orings, springs.

Don't forget to check for presence of the needle jets, the silver things that so often "go missing". They get inserted under the emulsion tubes, the open end inserted downwards.

Yep, pilot adjust SCREW and pilot JET, differing locations and settings.

Good luck with it.
ducatiman is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 5th, 2020, 11:31 AM   #3
NativeZombie
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Gabriel

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Thanks I really appreciate it. We're totally on the same page. I've definitely had some trouble with those semantics. I probably should have refrained from saying pilot jet "screw" despite it being threaded. But great!! That answers my question
NativeZombie is offline   Reply With Quote