Myself on my 250r chasing my brother on his honda cbr600

Link to original page on YouTube.

ninjaknobs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 20th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #2
Cazper
ninjaholic

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 09' SE 250R (sold), 03' ZX-6R, 99' XL1200C SP

Man that road looks like a ton of fun!!! You do a great job of keeping up with him... he pulled away a couple times on the straights but you were right back with him in the corners!!! Just some constructive criticism... you brother could use some work on body positioning... he is getting pretty crossed up in pretty much every corner... less butt slide and more upper body movement... but that could just be me
Cazper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2011, 03:38 AM   #3
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Enjoyed watching that! Nice to see two brothers out riding together

It would have been nice if you overlaid the music on-top of the ambient sounds, so that we could still hear the bikes growl.

I noticed the strange centre marking in the road. It was really wide and had bumpy bits in the middle. Is the width there to accommodate riders whose heads sometimes go into the opposite lane as they take left corners? Are the bumpy bits to physically stop bikes overtaking?
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

Wow, great video. Looks like a blast!
Malicious Logic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2011, 08:23 PM   #5
ninjaknobs
ninjaknobs

Name: Lee

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazper View Post
Man that road looks like a ton of fun!!! You do a great job of keeping up with him... he pulled away a couple times on the straights but you were right back with him in the corners!!! Just some constructive criticism... you brother could use some work on body positioning... he is getting pretty crossed up in pretty much every corner... less butt slide and more upper body movement... but that could just be me
Thanks,
I tell my brother to take it easy on the straights so the video will look better.. especially going uphill!
I agree he is a bit crossed up, after watching "twist of the wrist 2" which btw should be the bible for every motorcycle rider. They go over every aspect of riding and i reccommend to everyone. They say if you "hang off" the bike in corners.. one butt cheek is more than enough, any more and you can become disconnected with the bike and also can be dangerous. Also.. which i have practiced and works.. lean your upper body in the direction of the turn and keep you upper body parallel with the bike and keep the weight off your hands to avoid unwanted steering input. I'll mention it to him. I'm lucky to have these roads only a few miles from where i live

Old October 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM   #6
ninjaknobs
ninjaknobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Enjoyed watching that! Nice to see two brothers out riding together

It would have been nice if you overlaid the music on-top of the ambient sounds, so that we could still hear the bikes growl.

I noticed the strange centre marking in the road. It was really wide and had bumpy bits in the middle. Is the width there to accommodate riders whose heads sometimes go into the opposite lane as they take left corners? Are the bumpy bits to physically stop bikes overtaking?
Actually my dad and some of my brother's friends ride with us also, some sundays 3 of us, sometimes 7 or 8 riders. The quicker riders are up front.. wink wink, and everyone else rides at their own pace/comfort level.

They did that to the road about 2 months ago.. sucks. Cars and motorcycles race through there.. think they are trying to deter people from racing around the canyon roads. We'll hasn't really stopped us haha. They actually put GROOVES in the road not bumps.. about an inch deep, so its important to stay out of the middle as you can get out of shape very easily, iv'e riden that road probably 35 times so i know it well

Old October 21st, 2011, 09:57 PM   #7
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
looks like fun. i have the same jacket as you.

Old October 22nd, 2011, 04:48 AM   #8
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

Great video.

Nice camera work. Sensible riding. Fantastic road. Everybody's wearing good gear.
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 07:56 AM   #9
exploring/carolina
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Great Video!
exploring/carolina is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 08:20 AM   #10
Jinx250
Smoker

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): Guess....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
I bet the city put that there to keep people (on bikes) from crossing the double yellow. I was on a canyon run not long ago that had a similar setup and damn near lost control.

To the OP - the only thing I can say is you should probably leave more following distance. Sometimes you were so close on his tail that if he binned it you'd become part of it for lack of time to react.
Jinx250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:23 PM   #11
ninjaknobs
ninjaknobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy250r View Post
Great video.

Nice camera work. Sensible riding. Fantastic road. Everybody's wearing good gear.
Thanks very much,
Key is to have fun, don't push it sooo hard as to terrify yourself or endanger you or others on the road. We wear full leathers.. well i wear 2 piece alpinestars that zip together, boots, gloves, and of course helmet. I see too many idiots wearing shorts, vans, t-shirt, no gloves... unbelievable really

Old October 25th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #12
ninjaknobs
ninjaknobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx250 View Post
I bet the city put that there to keep people (on bikes) from crossing the double yellow. I was on a canyon run not long ago that had a similar setup and damn near lost control.

To the OP - the only thing I can say is you should probably leave more following distance. Sometimes you were so close on his tail that if he binned it you'd become part of it for lack of time to react.
yah i followed closely so it looks cool honestly and he can see his riding posture etc.. i don't follow that close all the time, u'r right if he went down i might plow right into him. Motogp marco Simoncelli died after lowsiding and being run-over from behind last weekend.. sad