ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old June 9th, 2009, 04:17 PM   #1
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

Picked up my Ninja today from the Dealer...

Picked up my Ninja today from the Dealer, i took it too the Dealer Sat. june 6th! I had them Fix the 'infamous front wheel squeak', they said the Front Axle Nuts were 'Really Really Over-tightened', Re-torqued them, checked out and regreased the Speedo Cable end, front axle Bearings, and put it all back together! They said the "front wheel Squeak" is Gone, and im All Set!

Before putting on my Gear,Helm ...
(GF dropped me off in her car, as i went in the Service dept.)

I bent down, got on my Knees and looked over the front wheel axle Nuts, etc... i saw Wrench Marks and small nics,etc and to me it looked like their Mechanic worked on it and stuff!

I have too make sure, also if those guys are watching me, they Know im not someone who just believes everything was Worked on (when theres no Sign of it) and Leaves! ya know
Anyhow, im doing 45MPH down the road, i get about 2 miles... and still notice the Squeak!!!! Though its Not as loud as it was b4, but COME ON!!!

So... if anyone taht has had this problem with your Ninja, and you had it Really FIXED! Let me know what did they do that Really Fixed it? Did it turn out to be sumin Totally Different?

Im gonna look into going to another Kawi Dealer, and see if they will REALLY get it FIXED! (2nd option never hurts) Maybe the other dealership, has 1-2 Mechanics that know how to fix this 100%, where the other guys were assholes that Ignore these kinds of Customers Problems!
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #2
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
So... if anyone taht has had this problem with your Ninja, and you had it Really FIXED! Let me know what did they do that Really Fixed it? Did it turn out to be sumin Totally Different?
search and you will find.... I used squeak as my search term....
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ghlight=squeak

Old June 9th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

There's also some info in the Troubleshooting section of the wiki:

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/My_Bike...ont_Tire/wheel

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote