ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #1
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Bored of the Ninjette

Guys, i'm not going to lie, I got bored of my 2012 ninjette after a month. If you guys are going to tell me i'm not "riding it right", please tell me what you mean by that. When I say I got bored, I mean I felt very slow on the bike. Every time I got on the bike I tried learning something new and becoming a better rider and I feel like I get the hang of things pretty quick. Does anyone else feel slow? I know everyone does after a certain point but I feel like one month is way too short. Of course the ninjette has its advantages but I feel as if the power wasn't enough. I'm going to pick up a Gixxer 750 or R1 after I come back from vacation in a month. I'm not looking for people telling me that it's a big jump or anything like that because I've read online about it tons already. I'm just wondering if you guys know why I got bored of it so quick because I see people that say they keep their ninjettes for a year and some even longer. By the way, i'm not one of those squids that rides like there's no tomorrow lol. I'm actually really careful and take riding seriously. Thanks

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #2
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
Hey everyone I am 15 1/2 with my permit, I know i'm probably one of the youngest on here but I just could not wait to start riding. I bought my ninja 250 2012 brand new yesterday(it's the candy lime green color). I have 50 miles on it and so far I know what mistakes i'm making and I am correcting myself. I really enjoy speed, but i'm mature about riding and dont go more than 5 over the limit. I really really don't want to dump this bike and besides saying hello I want you guys to give me some tips that you wish you would have gotten when you started riding. thanks, robert
Quote:
I went through a yellow light and hit a cars passenger door. I'm just wondering what is considered a totaled bike? I don't want a salvage title motorcycle because I won't be able to sell it for much. Thanks. By the way the four witnesses that saw it said it wasn't my fault.

To whom it may concern
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #3
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
To whom it may concern
Am I a badass or what?

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:43 PM   #4
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
I'm going to let someone else handle this because any advice I give you will probably also be accompanied by insults resulting from your stupidity, even if that stupidity is simply from a teenage brain (look there I go!)

Take a step back and rethink your situation.
AFM #676

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #5
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I'm going to let someone else handle this because any advice I give you will probably also be accompanied by insults resulting from your stupidity, even if that stupidity is simply from a teenage brain (look there I go!)

I'm not going to insult someone for trying to help me out lol. If you're trying to help me out, you can start by not trolling and giving some actual advice.

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #6
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Nathaniel

Motorcycle(s): Past: 2007 250 Ninja 2005 XR650R 2003 KLX400R

HAHAHA, get him! lolololol. Jiggles is awesome.

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #7
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

However, I could use a new ZX-6. Go buy one and "accidentally" T-bone a car for me, will ya?

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #8
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniCog View Post
However, I could use a new ZX-6. Go buy one and "accidentally" T-bone a car for me, will ya?
anything for you minicog

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #9
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Thanks!

now hurry up.

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #10
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Thanks!

now hurry up.
Patience is the key to life

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:01 AM   #11
PsHYk
ninjette.org member

Name: Pshyk

Motorcycle(s): 2012-250R

i dont know how you got bored and as for slow...yeah maybe sometimes...but then thats when i take a ride into the mountains and ****...
and quick question...how do you get bored of a bike you barely rode?
and how do you get bored with a bike that you couldnt ride or cant ride anymore?

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #12
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsHYk View Post
i dont know how you got bored and as for slow...yeah maybe sometimes...but then thats when i take a ride into the mountains and ****...
and quick question...how do you get bored of a bike you barely rode?
and how do you get bored with a bike that you couldnt ride or cant ride anymore?
That's what i'm wondering man.. I'm surprised that I got bored of it after only a month. I was bored of it before I totaled it lol. I'm not sure if I should buy another 250 or just upgrade

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:05 AM   #13
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. Just saying.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #14
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Wait wait wait. hang on here. "I just totaled my 250 after a month. So I want a 600 now." That's like saying "I just totaled my 2002 V-6 Mustang, should I get a Ferrari 458 Italia?"

I guess what I'm saying is: that makes no sense. At all.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM   #15
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Wait wait wait. hang on here. "I just totaled my 250 after a month. So I want a 600 now." That's like saying "I just totaled my 2002 V-6 Mustang, should I get a Ferrari 458 Italia?"

I guess what I'm saying is: that makes no sense. At all.
What does the bike i'm riding have to do with someone making a left turn in front of me when they had to yield? I'm not trying to start an argument but come on.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #16
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Because in some sort of way, it could have been avoided. Lets say you learned to ride 1.5' farther to the side of the road. If you were riding closer to the center-line (left 1/3rd of your lane), like you should have been, this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #17
Domagoj
ninjette.org guru

Name: Domagoj

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2009

Quote:

Jiggles, what's this with posting meaningful things? Something is happening to you. Go see a doctor!

Quote:
I'm not going to insult someone for trying to help me out lol. If you're trying to help me out, you can start by not trolling and giving some actual advice.
He is actually not trolling. I mean, he normally is, but not this time.

Anyway, you said yourself that you have done your research. There are many conflicts in your statements, but your life is your own and you are free to do as you wish.
Maybe the best advice I could give you, is to buy and R1, and then hook up for a track day with ninjette racers. Check the forum section, there are many. Once they obliterate you through the corners on their slow and boring bikes, what Jiggles told you will start to mean something.
Or you are talented enough rider and ninjette really is below your capabilities. I can't say, but you can.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #18
Compooky
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r, 2013 gsxr 600

So if you only go 5 mph over the speed limit, are you going to be faster going 70mph on a R1 compared to 70 mph on the 250? Look up 250r and laguna seca on youtube so you won't be embarrassed when a 250 passes you on every turn. I pity whatever dealer lets a kid test ride a gsxr 750 or a r1. (might be a good idea to not mention you totaled a 250 with low mileage) Also a little surprised you weren't considered partially at fault for the accident since technically you're supposed to be slowing down when the light turns yellow instead of speeding past it. But if you're set on getting a bigger bike, please try to highside it and keep it in fairly good condition for resale.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:17 AM   #19
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domagoj View Post
Jiggles, what's this with posting meaningful things? Something is happening to you. Go see a doctor!
You have no idea the urges I'm fighting.

I'm gna go lay down, I don't feel so good.
AFM #676

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:18 AM   #20
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Quote:
Guys, i'm not going to lie, I got bored of my 2012 ninjette after a month. If you guys are going to tell me i'm not "riding it right", please tell me what you mean by that. When I say I got bored, I mean I felt very slow on the bike. Every time I got on the bike I tried learning something new and becoming a better rider and I feel like I get the hang of things pretty quick. Does anyone else feel slow? I know everyone does after a certain point but I feel like one month is way too short. Of course the ninjette has its advantages but I feel as if the power wasn't enough. I'm going to pick up a Gixxer 750 or R1 after I come back from vacation in a month. I'm not looking for people telling me that it's a big jump or anything like that because I've read online about it tons already. I'm just wondering if you guys know why I got bored of it so quick because I see people that say they keep their ninjettes for a year and some even longer. By the way, i'm not one of those squids that rides like there's no tomorrow lol. I'm actually really careful and take riding seriously. Thanks
Take it to the track... Maybe join a riding school? You'll quickly realise the true potential of the ninjette. I've been wanting to go to a track ever since I bought mine, but unfortunately the closest one is 1000 miles or more away...

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #21
Monkeytofu
I told you bro

Name: Noor

Motorcycle(s): 1996 Ninja 250r

Buy whatever you think your skills can handle and what makes you happy. I'm happy with a 250cc bike because it fulfills all my requirements economically, environmentally, and for the occasional recreational activity. When I felt like I could handle a more responsive throttle I did the zip tie mod and it's a whole other world.

Hell, if my city didn't basically require you to have transportation that can reach 100 or so (for highway use) I'd probably have bought a 125 cc or lower bike. They're cheaper and generally more fuel efficient from what I've seen on the market.

Maybe try to broaden your experiences?

I had a lot more of an appreciation for my 250 after I rode my friend's 1200 shadow, his 750 gsx, and another friend's 150cc buddy scooter. Out of those three I found the scooter to be ultimately the most enjoyable and fun because it was so light, agile and peppy.

If your goal is to hit 60 as fast as possible (there's nothing wrong with wanting that) then another 250 probably isn't the best choice for your next bike.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:23 AM   #22
MiniCog
ninjette.org guru

Riding on mountain roads is the best. I pass squids and other people on 1000's and 600's all the damn time on a 250. they look at me like "whaaa?"

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #23
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eduardo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r special edition

I got this.. @Jiggles

Hahhaha this is funny.. Your way to young dude. Honestly I have a brother your age and he's a funny one..
Well you rode a month right? And you never went over 5mph.. And it was a new bike right? So you were breaking it in? Couldn't go over 4000rmps.. Soo you never hit the juicé spot on the nijngette..
Go ride one of your very trusting friends r1!
One twist of the throttle and tell us If you think your ready for a bigger bike...

I think you tripping mad balls thinking of going bigger, you just crashed that 250. You will probably really hurt your self on anything bigger.. Try a 150cc If anything for your safety..

And Ohhh **** I see your from LA Dude gear up and ride with me I'll show you how I abuse my ninjalina and she loves it!(slow bike) ahahah not exactly..

Hahaha ps this thread is an insult to a lot of ninjetters.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:25 AM   #24
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

To everyone: I know what the ninja 250 can do at a track. Believe me I know I haven't mastered it or even close to it. The thing is that I ride on the street and I just "feel" as if the 250 is too slow, especially for the freeways.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #25
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
You have no idea the urges I'm fighting.

I'm gna go lay down, I don't feel so good.
Lmao!

Fck it speak your mind!

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:28 AM   #26
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBoyEddy View Post
I got this.. @Jiggles

Hahhaha this is funny.. Your way to young dude. Honestly I have a brother your age and he's a funny one..
Well you rode a month right? And you never went over 5mph.. And it was a new bike right? So you were breaking it in? Couldn't go over 4000rmps.. Soo you never hit the juicé spot on the nijngette..
Go ride one of your very trusting friends r1!
One twist of the throttle and tell us If you think your ready for a bigger bike...

I think you tripping mad balls thinking of going bigger, you just crashed that 250. You will probably really hurt your self on anything bigger.. Try a 150cc If anything for your safety..

And Ohhh **** I see your from LA Dude gear up and ride with me I'll show you how I abuse my ninjalina and she loves it!(slow bike) ahahah not exactly..

Hahaha ps this thread is an insult to a lot of ninjetters.
Lol thanks for the good advice man! I've rode a buddies zx10 and it seemed like it wasn't that big of a deal besides the fact that it's a pretty uncomfortable ride. If you're down to ride when I get a bike in about a month than just let me know.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:33 AM   #27
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Well I wouldn't want to ride with you and make you feel like you need to impress me. And total your new bike.. I meant hop on back and see her true potential

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #28
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Well I wouldn't want to ride with you and make you feel like you need to impress me. And total your new bike.. I meant hop on back and see her true potential
I think i'll pass on that.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:36 AM   #29
Compooky
ninjette.org member

Name: Garry

Motorcycle(s): 2011 ninja 250r, 2013 gsxr 600

Just curious if you got a quote for a gsxr or r1 yet. Wouldn't be surprising if insurance cost for a new rider on one was at least $1,000 a year for liability.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #30
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compooky View Post
Just curious if you got a quote for a gsxr or r1 yet. Wouldn't be surprising if insurance cost for a new rider on one was at least $1,000 a year for liability.
somewhere around there, but I don't mind since insurance for a car is about 3000.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:39 AM   #31
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

What Do you plan on getting in one month?

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #32
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
What Do you plan on getting in one month?
K5 Gixxer 750 most likely

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:45 AM   #33
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Are you parting out your ninja?
Did you do any mods?

I'll take the rear tail fairings if there not broken if there either black or Red.-->$$

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #34
folky15
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

ontopic: Dude, you may think you are invincible, but people who are telling you not to hop on a supersport are looking out for you. Lots of people die on bikes every year. You are much more likely to join that terrible statistic if you push your limits too soon. Take your time and further develop your riding skills on a 250/500/650. You have a lot to learn, we all do.

offtopic: A few more coherent posts from Jiggles, and I may consider removing him from my ignore list!

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:54 AM   #35
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Are you parting out your ninja?
Did you do any mods?

I'll take the rear tail fairings if there not broken if there either black or Red.-->$$
No mods besides a seat cowl and tank pad. And i'm not buying it back, but it was candy lime green.
Quote:
Originally Posted by folky15 View Post
ontopic: Dude, you may think you are invincible, but people who are telling you not to hop on a supersport are looking out for you. Lots of people die on bikes every year. You are much more likely to join that terrible statistic if you push your limits too soon. Take your time and further develop your riding skills on a 250/500/650. You have a lot to learn, we all do.

offtopic: A few more coherent posts from Jiggles, and I may consider removing him from my ignore list!
I know, thanks for that. I don't feel invincible at all after an accident. I'll see what the 750 is like, I'm definitely not buying it without a test ride.

Old July 18th, 2012, 12:55 AM   #36
Joule
ninjette.org member

Name: Tej

Motorcycle(s): Black 2011 Ninja 250R FI

Now after riding 180 CC bike for 5 and a half years, i can say ninja 250r wasn't a serious upgrade for me. it's still ok if not what i had in mind exactly.

After such long period riding,(of course long compared to your 1 month XD) i still make mistakes. Trust me, i know if i had litre bike right now, i would have been dead. **** happened which would have not saved my life on a 600 CC + bike.

And that's after 6 years worth bike riding on "indian roads". You gotta visit india to know traffic situation here and during my 180 CC bike period, i never had any accident.

but upgrading to just 250 cc made me go through some moments which would have been fatal if i wasn't concentrated on road.
yeah, i observe and predict movements of others. but i noticed some movements are unavoidable and unpredictable.

and i can't ride 250 like sissy at all.

though i love new zx14r and i want to own it, i know it's NOT a viable choice for me. probably i will get 600 cc bike BUT after 3 to 4 years. i need to learn to have self control over my adrenaline rush.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:04 AM   #37
Luvninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Gabriela

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninja 250

Alright dude so you have already set your mind to buying a 750 or R1. I know this because you have a comeback to EVERYONE'S advice. You KNOW the limits of the 250 although you haven't "mastered" them, which makes no sense at all... So since you have already made up your mind, why post up about what others think, since it's obviously not going to change your mind.

Now your going to reply that you're not set on buying a bigger bike but re-read all of your replies and it says different. You're set on a bigger bike so stop stirring the pot and go wreck another bike.

On a nicer (helpful) side, why not try a 600 or 650 if your going bigger? Still faster just not quite crazy, out of control, deadly fast.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #38
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Having a fast bike won't make you fast

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:19 AM   #39
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvninja View Post
Alright dude so you have already set your mind to buying a 750 or R1. I know this because you have a comeback to EVERYONE'S advice. You KNOW the limits of the 250 although you haven't "mastered" them, which makes no sense at all... So since you have already made up your mind, why post up about what others think, since it's obviously not going to change your mind.

Now your going to reply that you're not set on buying a bigger bike but re-read all of your replies and it says different. You're set on a bigger bike so stop stirring the pot and go wreck another bike.

On a nicer (helpful) side, why not try a 600 or 650 if your going bigger? Still faster just not quite crazy, out of control, deadly fast.
Sorry if my replies made it seem like I am not listening to advice. I will most likely not get the 750, I already crossed out the r1. But again, I'm going to test ride it. If not the 750 I will get something not much more powerful than a 250. A 650 sounds pretty good.

Old July 18th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #40
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

What kind of irresponsible parents do you have that would buy you a bike five times more powerful than the one you totaled after only a month?

Also, all fifteen year olds are dumb. Not in the sense of intelligence, but common sense, respect, and responsibility.

Closed Thread