ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old July 15th, 2012, 08:43 PM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

Heaven is not just for dead guys NY, NJ, PA - Sat, July 21st

OK....everybody gets 6 days notice to arrange their time.
It's a long ride but it's worth every mile....the reservoirs in the catskills.
For NY crew...
We'll do well over 100 miles on 17 to get to Livingston Manor, follow route 30 up to and around the waters and if the crew is up for it....we can add another 30 miles to the day and maybe ride the hunter mountian zip line...3600 feet, about $30. Take the time to google earth rt 30 starting from livingston manor....miles and miles and miles of sweepers on excellent roadways. We come back thru Frost Valley and 52 ( or maybe 55...dont rememeber but wont get lost) and these are nice fast country roads. It is a long day...for me on LI....420 miles or so but i've done this a half dozen times and I'm never sorry I went. Dont tell yourself it's too far, takes too long or you're not up to it....we dont leave anyone behind. Think you're pretty advanced....these roads will let you find out.
Heaven awaits and you can come back from it. Those who go will def go back again.
If you're in northern NJ...a much shorter ride,
NE Penn...much much shorter...
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Is there a date that should be in the title?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 15th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #3
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
No street bike! Catskills are bootiful though!

Old July 15th, 2012, 11:02 PM   #4
MustangGuy
ninjette.org member

Name: Roy

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 650

Sounds like it will be a nice ride! I lived in Orange and Dutchess counties in NY once upon a time. I did many rides up around the reservoirs in the Catskills - Ellenville, Grahamsville, Sundown. Most of the time cagers were far and few between - just me and my bike and great scenery.... oh and an occasional deer (keep your eyes open!)
MustangGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 16th, 2012, 05:59 AM   #5
eddiekay

In my enthusiasm for getting a bunch of you guys to RSVP,,,I neglected to say that I'd plan this for saturday JUly 21.
And....depending on who shows and where you're coming from....we could even include parts of RT 10 ( g-map it) from Deposit. Butts will burn but I promise this is worth the itch.

Old July 17th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #6
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Name: paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 se

fizzer914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 05:27 AM   #7
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

I will join this if I'm not in CT this Saturday. Finally, an all day ride!
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 06:47 AM   #8
eddiekay

I havent seen Urban on the board, Rollin,Monte...what ....did the last trip scare people away ? What about the jersey and PA boy s? This is a short ride for the northern CT guys too,
I may try to bring my friend on his Wing too...this guy is poetry in motion.\ throws that battleship around like a speedboat. And if any of you guys have friends with bigger bikes....who can ride them....invite them.
For NYCsteve and me....this will prob be a 10 hour day but for everyobne else...a bit less. attached is the primo photo op of the day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4134CMYK copysmall.jpg (122.3 KB, 6 views)

Old July 17th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #9
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
I havent seen Urban on the board, Rollin,Monte...what ....did the last trip scare people away ? What about the jersey and PA boy s? This is a short ride for the northern CT guys too,
I may try to bring my friend on his Wing too...this guy is poetry in motion.\ throws that battleship around like a speedboat. And if any of you guys have friends with bigger bikes....who can ride them....invite them.
For NYCsteve and me....this will prob be a 10 hour day but for everyobne else...a bit less. attached is the primo photo op of the day
That thing is huge!... but that's what she said

You gotta start by giving them some mentions, right guys: @urbaninja @Rollin.. @kraazy @RedNinja21 @BlackNinja8 @Brooklyn

Edit: Maybe you shouldn't moon people? LMFAO

Old July 17th, 2012, 07:19 AM   #10
eddiekay

In this pic....he just got it.
He rides it thru dirt, water, over little rocks. No fear.
Personally....only guy I ever met who wasnt afraid to ride a $25k, 800 lb bike without the " what if i scratch it" BS.
The Wings are abso incredible machines....youtube has a vid with a guy on a wing at the dragon that....look for it...amazing.

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #11
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
That thing is huge!... but that's what she said

You gotta start by giving them some mentions, right guys: @urbaninja @Rollin.. @kraazy @RedNinja21 @BlackNinja8 @Brooklyn

Edit: Maybe you shouldn't moon people? LMFAO
I may be in for sat i'll know later in the week. Hard for me to get away for long days but may get half the ride in.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #12
eddiekay

Nahim...yeah,,,this is for you.
To NYCSteve...dude ,,,that was not a moon but a traditional greenpoint gesture of respect...if yiou dont believe me gio to mcCARREN PARK pool and count all the asses you see there.

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM   #13
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Nahim...yeah,,,this is for you.
To NYCSteve...dude ,,,that was not a moon but a traditional greenpoint gesture of respect...if yiou dont believe me gio to mcCARREN PARK pool and count all the asses you see there.
The pool is a mini whore fest. To hell with that pool! The park is nice though, I used to run/jog on that track before. I'm about to start again real soon though! It's only a 5 min ride from me.

Old July 17th, 2012, 08:55 AM   #14
eddiekay

mINI WHORE FEST ???
oK...SO AFTER WE GO TO CATSKILLS WE GROUP UP FOR MCCARREN PARK , DID YOU SEE ANY REALLY OLD MINI'S THERE...Y'KNOW, LIKE FOR ME. I DIG POWDER COATED WALKERS AND TRICKED OUT WHEELCHAIRS.
NOW...YOU WANNA SEE NASTY...CHECK OUT MCGOLDRICK PARK DOWN IN NASSAU AVE / DRIGGS. MY CUZ STILL LIVES ON HUMBOLDT.

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:25 AM   #15
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
mINI WHORE FEST ???
oK...SO AFTER WE GO TO CATSKILLS WE GROUP UP FOR MCCARREN PARK , DID YOU SEE ANY REALLY OLD MINI'S THERE...Y'KNOW, LIKE FOR ME. I DIG POWDER COATED WALKERS AND TRICKED OUT WHEELCHAIRS.
NOW...YOU WANNA SEE NASTY...CHECK OUT MCGOLDRICK PARK DOWN IN NASSAU AVE / DRIGGS. MY CUZ STILL LIVES ON HUMBOLDT.
HAHAHA! I don't go there point blank anymore. I haven't been since I was a child. But when visiting the track and what not, you see everything going in and out. I thought all the white people and the giant condos were going to make things better! The hipsters seem to have made things only a tad bit better violence wise, but drugs have gone up I think. I never even touch the pavement on that side of the street.

If ya seen the news out here recently, they've been having problems at that pool (again). Kids drowning, people stealing and overcrowding (but where NYC are these not a problem?).

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #16
eddiekay

yEAH...WELL...times change. The polaks and puerto ricans are not gonna give up that easy but they cant hold back the tide. If money can gentrify bed Stuy and harlem it can gentrify anywhere. Look at bedford just south of the bridge...the hasidim have turned it into a little paradise....safe for kids at 10 pm or even later... NYC and parts of bklyn are turining into San Francisco. And really,,,,I'd rather be walkibng around double parked volvos and saabs then trying to avoid some OD'd junkie lying in the gutter. Back in the day....when we needed a ho for a batchelor party or something...Kent Ave....now...they got bicycle lanes there.....You're in bushwick right....sheeeet....when i was a kid....even being on Broadway was something we only did during the daylight. I have an artist pal who lives on Stanhope. Home boy, born and raised. Life goes on.
OK...gotta go earn some money.

Old July 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #17
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
yEAH...WELL...times change. The polaks and puerto ricans are not gonna give up that easy but they cant hold back the tide. If money can gentrify bed Stuy and harlem it can gentrify anywhere. Look at bedford just south of the bridge...the hasidim have turned it into a little paradise....safe for kids at 10 pm or even later... NYC and parts of bklyn are turining into San Francisco. And really,,,,I'd rather be walkibng around double parked volvos and saabs then trying to avoid some OD'd junkie lying in the gutter. Back in the day....when we needed a ho for a batchelor party or something...Kent Ave....now...they got bicycle lanes there.....You're in bushwick right....sheeeet....when i was a kid....even being on Broadway was something we only did during the daylight. I have an artist pal who lives on Stanhope. Home boy, born and raised. Life goes on.
OK...gotta go earn some money.
I feel ya. When I was young (14+ years ago) I couldn't get away with what these kids are doing. You would get you head pounded on by just about anyone. Hell, basketball was always like jail ball with all the fights and shoot outs.

Trust that I know where you coming from. I WAS BORN, RAISED AND STILL LIVE HERE ON BROADWAY. I've seen what BK has become, especially my area and Williamsburg (both North and South).

BTW, Broadway is considered the border of Bed Stuy, Bushwick and it also splits WBurg S & N. I've seen all the gang and turf wars. In my building there was a spot. Wasn't Pretty.

--Bed Stuy, Do or Die--

Old July 18th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #18
nycsteve
Biker

Speaking of the devil... Unruly crowd at McCarren Park Pool

Another incident yesterday lol. This has been one of several in the past few weeks. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Old July 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM   #19
eddiekay

Meetup point will, be on Thruway....the big rest stop just north of tappan zee
( sloatsburg ?) We'll head north to 17 and then to East Branch or Livingston Manor. Meet-up will be 10:00 am. Fizz, Steve, Nahim, AO....don't miss this....or we'll have to do it again. Any PA or NJ boys can meet us along 17 or at East Branch or Liv manor.

Old July 20th, 2012, 05:27 PM   #20
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Meetup point will, be on Thruway....the big rest stop just north of tappan zee
( sloatsburg ?) We'll head north to 17 and then to East Branch or Livingston Manor. Meet-up will be 10:00 am. Fizz, Steve, Nahim, AO....don't miss this....or we'll have to do it again. Any PA or NJ boys can meet us along 17 or at East Branch or Liv manor.
ok so i take the tappan Z and stay on 287?? and ill see the rest stop?? my dad lives up that way and i know there is a truck toll stop there is that right??

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #21
eddiekay

OK....I'm coming up on Sprain so I'll wait for you at the rt9 north exit off 287...immediately before the tappan Zee...about 9:45. We'll go to sloatsburg to see if Steve or anybody else shows up.

Old July 20th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #22
eddiekay

Friends...at this point Fizz is the only guy I'm expecting to show. That's OK but I'll check the mail by 8:00am tomorrow...not after. If nobody says they're showing up by then we MIGHT do something different so if you dont sign on before 8:00 do not look for us at Sloatsburg rest stop.

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:52 AM   #23
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Friends...at this point Fizz is the only guy I'm expecting to show. That's OK but I'll check the mail by 8:00am tomorrow...not after. If nobody says they're showing up by then we MIGHT do something different so if you dont sign on before 8:00 do not look for us at Sloatsburg rest stop.
eddie i cant go just yet i just pulled my bike out to get ready and i got that call. every other week im on call so depending on what it takes to troubleshoot this job i got 2 hrs to get there im going now and ill keep u updated from my phone

Old July 23rd, 2012, 09:47 PM   #24
urbaninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Santana

Motorcycle(s): 2010 kawasaki 250r, 2009 Yamaha FZ6r

Quote:
sorry was on vacation just got back did i miss a good ride whens the next one
urbaninja is offline   Reply With Quote