ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old June 14th, 2016, 11:50 AM   #1
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Motivational video

Came across this yesterday, I needed the encouraging words. I've had a rough time with learning a motorcycle, and not that I have adjustable levers, I feel like all my issues and fear have went away now that I can properly go from a complete stop

Link to original page on YouTube.

ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.

Old June 14th, 2016, 04:02 PM   #2
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
You are now feeling exactly what you felt when you could master your first steps without falling down.

Issues are the result of mental confusion, of not knowing and understanding.

Good fear is the result of a healthy sense of self-preservation.
Bad fear is product of your imagination, the type that stops you from learning and exploring your limits.

Fear is not to be suppressed but understood.
I am afraid of running a red light.
I enjoy cornering as well as I will ever be able to do, completely feeling and understanding what is happening and what the limits of the bike are.

As you progress in your riding, you will feel new issues and fears.
Treat those with respect and try your best to understand their source, as well as the benefits of learning how to do things better and safer.

Each step forward will bring you new challenges: just embrace those with an open mind, faith in your strength and a healthy amount of fear.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old June 14th, 2016, 04:35 PM   #3
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
You are now feeling exactly what you felt when you could master your first steps without falling down.

Issues are the result of mental confusion, of not knowing and understanding.

Good fear is the result of a healthy sense of self-preservation.
Bad fear is product of your imagination, the type that stops you from learning and exploring your limits.

I enjoy cornering as well as I will ever be able to do, completely feeling and understanding what is happening and what the limits of the bike are.

As you progress in your riding, you will feel new issues and fears.
Treat those with respect and try your best to understand their source, as well as the benefits of learning how to do things better and safer.

Each step forward will bring you new challenges: just embrace those with an open mind, faith in your strength and a healthy amount of fear.
Thank you very much. It means a lot. Yes, I was very frustrated because I couldn't get the skill down, but now I am not. So fearful of riding anymore. I'm going to get out there when it's not raining (like the next two days) and practice practice practice.
ZeroGravity360 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old June 14th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #4
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Some wise words in that video. I've heard Will Smith speaking before about how he achieved what he has. He's an impressive dude in more ways than one.

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:45 AM   #5
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
Night before last I tried to push the yellow light and make a left turn (justification in my head was the light doesn't detect my bike when I stop at it). As I started into my turn I saw a cage trying to push the yellow, with no chance of making it, accelerating hard, from the other direction. I straightened up and hit the brakes hard. The cage blew through the intersection just feet from me. Had I kept going on my turn I probably would have been side swiped at about 60 mph.

Fearing running a red light is a good thing.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.