Old August 19th, 2009, 07:10 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[twistingasphalt.com] - What Comes Next v2.0: The Bugatti Veyron

The Bugatti Veyron

“Nothing is too beautiful, nothing is too expensive” — Ettore Bugatti

Every now and then this gig truly has its moments — And the last month has certainly been one of them…

As most longtime readers have undoubtedly noticed, Twisting Asphalt has been dark for quite awhile — again — It’s been just over a month since I penned the last post. This self imposed media blackout is not a harbinger of a slow death for the site but rather the unfortunate side effect of the realities of life superseding the joy that comes from riding or sitting at the screen and hacking away at a post about riding.

For the past month I’ve been existing in a remarkable world of Moto-Lust, where each breath is not filled with only air but also the nuances of ultra-performance at its unequivocal best…

For the last thirty days I’ve had the distinct privileged to live one of the greatest automotive fantasy’s around — An unreal, absolutely marvelous adventure spent documenting the world’s fastest production car — The Bugatti Veyron.

It is a machine unlike any other automobile I’ve ever been around — That’s not to say I’ve lost my taste for Ferrari’s, Lambo’s or Porsche’s — But rather an acknowledgment of just how incredible this machine truly is when you see it in its native environment. From the design and engineering that went into it, to the craftsmanship at every step of the assembly process and, really, the utter lack of concern over time or money spent creating perfection, it is simply a hard to walk away from one and not admire it… Or dare I say fall in love with (though clearly I will never be one of the 300 owners — Starting at 1.7 million Euros I’m fairly certain that’s a hit my wallet will never support)…

While everyone talks about the Veyron’s remarkable top speed of 407 kph or 253 mph — After a month hanging around the car and the folks who build it, I’ve come to the distinct conclusion that talking about the top speed is the easy one-liner, the simple description you tell your buddy at a bar, but there’s so much more to this car… And frankly, I’m not even sure it’s fair to call it car… So much aircraft technology has gone into it that it’s probably more apt to consider it a airplane — just one that happens to have four-wheels.

On the Track with the Veyron

On the Track with the Veyron

Click here for full story...