Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Buyer/Seller Feedback: Not So Good

Notices

Old August 13th, 2015, 01:01 PM   #1
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Corbin (Company)

THIS REVIEW IS ON CORBIN AS A COMPANY NOT AS A PRODUCT!

Hey everyone. I wanted to write about my experience with the well known motorcycle seat company "Corbin."

I've owned a corbin before on my ninja 250 and liked it, so when I was looking for a new seat for my 2008 Honda CBR 600rr I thought i'd give corbin a try..

Very expensive seat at ~$280 shipped.

Anyway, here's what happened.

6/24/2015
Seat ordered: Talked to customer service they seemed nice on the phone. Helped me with the order process. The ordering process seemed easy enough... you picked your bike, then you picked the part # then you told them the year/make/model of your bike and any additional notes. Anyway, I filled out everything as best as I could.

6/25/2015
Apparently they didn't take the funds out of my bank so I e-mailed them, prompt response they e-mailed back within 24 hours and took the money and started the work... odd that there was a delay, but no problem.

7/21/2015
After nearly a month. The seat finally arrived. Unfortunately they sent me the wrong seat. They sent me a seat from a 2006 cbr not 2008. They claimed it was my fault even though I clearly wrote in the order that my bike was a 2008. Even if that were the case, why would they have a section that asks for the year of your bike if they don't even read it??? Anyway.... I talked to the guy and he said I just have to send the seat back but he wasn't going to charge me a restocking fee or shipping on the new seat (although I had to send the old one back on my dime) which was fine.

However, here is where the Negative review comes into place.

Here's where things get sketchy...

I e-mailed their employee "chris" 3 times and he never once replied even though he had sent me e-mails before... THEN I e-mailed their employee "Danielle" 2 times and she never replied either even though her and I were talking before I got my seat. So basically, they just cut off all contact with me. I sent those e-mails out over 2 weeks ago and NOTHING.

8/06/2015
After being fed up with having my e-mails ignored I decided to call them, I spoke to a rep and she seemed nice and cheerful at first, I was very respectful and nice to her. Once I told her my order number things changed though, she got really cold towards me. Told me the seat is almost ready and they'll send it out within a few business days.
I said "thank you very much" and she replied with "Uh huh.... bye" and hung up. Wow.

Now it is 8/13/2015 I still have yet to receive a tracking number or any e-mail replies. I'm going to call again tomorrow. I just wanted to heed warning to all of you. If you plan on buying with Corbin USE CAUTION! They have by far the worst customer service I have ever seen! Not worth the headache.

There is absolutely no excuse to not return a customers e-mails or hang up on them on the phone. This is completely unwarranted.
I'll continue to update...

Edit: Here is a picture of the order, clearly stating it a 2008. Again, that's not the purpose of the thread but this is for you who keep putting literally all the blame on just me.

Final Edit: I received my seat a week ago. It arrived without notice from company. But whatever, I got my seat and I'm happy. It's still in the break-in period so it's not super comfortable. But I believe it will be a decent touring/commuting seat. Anyway. Corbin did hold up their end of the bargain, so that's good. But they refused to communicate with me at all. Just keep that all in mind if you ever plan on ordering something from them.

Last futzed with by Hero Danny; August 29th, 2015 at 12:48 PM.
Hero Danny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2015, 01:23 PM   #2
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

Many stories like this one Danny and I can sympathize with you.
I have bought several Corbins for various bikes over the years.

This year in Daytona (March) I ordered an off the shelf Corbin leather seat for my 2012 25-0 Ninja.

I had no problems with it arriving when they said it would and the fit was good and the workmanship was good. The leather was nice and the new stitching they use is much better if the seat gets caught in rain.

If I was you I'd call in and ask for Mike Corbin the owner. He usually is around.

If they don't deliver or respond within a short period I would put the purchase in "contest" with my credit card company. They will with hold or get back the payment until the matter is resolved fairly. Wardie

PS I'm selling my Corbin sold my bike
Old August 13th, 2015, 01:29 PM   #3
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

What part number does it say on your initial order confirmation:

#H-6RR-5-F or #H-6RR-7-F

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 05:58 PM   #4
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
What part number does it say on your initial order confirmation:

#H-6RR-5-F or #H-6RR-7-F
It was the wrong part number. Which is fine, a mistake was made, not sure if it was on my part or theirs (probably mine) but I did write I have a 2008 and I feel like they should of read that and cross referenced it. I mean, i'm buying a top quality product, top quality service should be offered with it.

Anyway.. That's not the real problem anyway, the issue occurred when they stopped returning my e-mails and started hanging up on me on the phone. I love their products but this customer service is just terrible. I'd stay clear of them if you can. Just too risky.
Old August 13th, 2015, 06:01 PM   #5
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardie View Post
Many stories like this one Danny and I can sympathize with you.
Yup, aparently i'm not the only one who's had issues with their customer service dept. I was warned by a forum member (not this forum) to not buy it because of their customer service but I went along with it anyway. I've regretted it ever since.

Quote:
If I was you I'd call in and ask for Mike Corbin the owner. He usually is around.
That's a good idea. I'm going to wait until I get my seat before I tell him about what had happened. And I'm going to drop Chris' name and Danielle's name. I have e-mail proof.
Old August 13th, 2015, 09:02 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero Danny View Post
It was the wrong part number. Which is fine, a mistake was made, not sure if it was on my part or theirs (probably mine) but I did write I have a 2008 and I feel like they should of read that and cross referenced it. I mean, i'm buying a top quality product, top quality service should be offered with it.
You ordered the wrong part, and then tried to blame them for it (and still think it was somehow their fault). It was clear from your waffling in your first post. You got labelled as a pain in the ass, and you're not getting top service afterwards. Would be awesome if all companies were awesome to all customers equally, but I imagine you're also whining to them about covering shipping both ways for the part that you misordered, and were as negative to them on the phone as you are being in this "bad company" rant on this website.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2015, 11:44 PM   #7
xorbe
ninjette.org guru

Name: xorbe

Motorcycle(s): N650 (and others)

I ordered a Corbin for my FZ6R, and it took forever BUT there was also the "Sturgis 75th" thing going on with special seat orders / custom logo. I ordered early May and it arrived late June. It fit perfect in my case, but there are some stories on the FZ6R forum about Corbin.
xorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 04:17 AM   #8
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

Quote:
Yup, aparently i'm not the only one who's had issues with their customer service dept. I was warned by a forum member (not this forum) to not buy it because of their customer service but I went along with it anyway. I've regretted it ever since.

That's a good idea. I'm going to wait until I get my seat before I tell him about what had happened. And I'm going to drop Chris' name and Danielle's name. I have e-mail proof.

I should of read your post more closely and did not realize you ordered the wrong seat. Better to catch bees with honey that Sh** suck it up, play nice, get your seat and ride
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:22 AM   #9
NGagne
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicolas

Motorcycle(s): 2 Ninja 250r, Tl1000s and ZX7r

My guess is that you probably order a 2006 instead of a 2008... It not there fault if you made a mistake, Play nice try to break a deal with them to exange it or resale it yourself.

My 2 cents.
NGagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:31 AM   #10
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
You ordered the wrong part, and then tried to blame them for it (and still think it was somehow their fault). It was clear from your waffling in your first post. You got labelled as a pain in the ass, and you're not getting top service afterwards. Would be awesome if all companies were awesome to all customers equally, but I imagine you're also whining to them about covering shipping both ways for the part that you misordered, and were as negative to them on the phone as you are being in this "bad company" rant on this website.

I can see how you would think that based on my post, i'll have to edit it. But the thing that got me upset was the customer service aspect. Having to pay for the shipping was no big deal, it was a mistake on my part I just wanted to point out that they don't even read their orders because if they had they would of saw that I had wrote 2008.

I can show you the e-mails I sent them, I was extremely polite. The whole time. Even on the phone, I was disappointed mainly at the fact that I had to wait another month for the seat and the corbin employee told me that he would try and prioritize it for me, I praised him for that on the phone. And no. I asked him if he would pay shipping but he calmly explained to me that it couldn't be done, I understood though and I thought we got off the phone in good terms. He even told me I didn't have to pay a restocking fee or shipping on the new seat which I understood that if he really wanted to he could have hit me with that. Again, at this point I was upset I had to wait another month, but I understood. I only got angry when my e-mails were not returned.

I made a transaction with this company. And that entitles me to a response to an e-mail when I ask them if they got my seat I sent them, or if I ask them for an update on my seat.

I never would have written this review if they had just returned my e-mails and treated me decently on the phone, none of this was warranted. This company has a history of crap customer service.

Don't believe me? Here are links to all stories of customer service horrors.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...ce-sux.661072/

34 reviews 2.5 stars on yelp http://www.yelp.com/biz/corbin-hollister

"the concept of "customer service" has somehow eluded Corbin over the years. " - Review from customer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_syXc0xN1HE

http://www.triumphrat.net/thunderbir...-terrible.html

https://www.facebook.com/virnow/posts/10153399231297488

http://www.rswarrior.com/forums/29-v...r-service.html

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/BBS/v...ic.php?t=33817

Listen, I'm just trying to warn people so they don't go through the same hell I went through, if you were being treated like garbage then it's hard to keep a smile on your face.
Old August 14th, 2015, 05:34 AM   #11
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGagne View Post
My guess is that you probably order a 2006 instead of a 2008... It not there fault if you made a mistake, Play nice try to break a deal with them to exange it or resale it yourself.

My 2 cents.
Read the whole review and you'll see that I already did that, they were very good about it too. No hassle on the return and no restocking fees.

Quote:
I should of read your post more closely and did not realize you ordered the wrong seat. Better to catch bees with honey that Sh** suck it up, play nice, get your seat and ride

That's not why this bad review was written. This bad review was written because they are unprofessional. I worked in customer service for a big company for years and this is NOT how you treat your customers. This is sloppy at best and I don't understand how they get away with it. I wish I was closer to them so I could try to talk to them in person because them hanging up on me on the phone and not returning e-mails is absolutely crazy.

I'm actually scared that they won't send me a new seat at all. What if they don't? What could I possibly do. I didn't pay with a credit card. So that isn't an option. And They are located on the other side of the country.
Old August 14th, 2015, 07:28 AM   #12
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Danny see if any Forum members are located in or around Daytona/Flagler Beach area. Maybe one of them would do you a favor as a courtesy to stop in and ask about your seat. You would have to provide the particulars of the order and of course he would have to have an email from you to him allowing him to represent you in this matter making inquiries. I dunno

I never pay with personal check or Money Order just credit card if I can that way if it comes down to it I can contest it.
Old August 14th, 2015, 11:38 AM   #13
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Danny see if any Forum members are located in or around Daytona/Flagler Beach area. Maybe one of them would do you a favor as a courtesy to stop in and ask about your seat. You would have to provide the particulars of the order and of course he would have to have an email from you to him allowing him to represent you in this matter making inquiries. I dunno

I never pay with personal check or Money Order just credit card if I can that way if it comes down to it I can contest it.
Not a bad idea. Thank you. I'll try calling them again and explain the situation. Maybe their emails where broken or something...
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:16 AM   #14
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Quote:
6/24/2015
I ordered the wrong seat: Talked to customer service they seemed nice on the phone. Helped me with the order process. The ordering process seemed easy enough... you picked your bike, then you picked the part # then you told them the year/make/model of your bike and any additional notes. Anyway, I filled out everything as best as I could but I still made a mistake.
Fixt for you.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:27 AM   #15
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Business 101

Even when the customer makes a mistake; you assist them through it, NOT be rude about it and blame them.

Perhaps you caught the rep on a bad day but that still doesn't excuse unanswered emails. Good customer service can turn a single order customer into a loyal customer. On the flip side, some customers need to be fired because they are impossible to please.

Last futzed with by csmith12; August 17th, 2015 at 01:41 PM. Reason: spelling
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 11:42 AM   #16
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Fixt for you.
Maybe you should look into fixing your eye sight because you clearly cannot read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Business 101

Even when the custom makes a mistake; you assist them through it, NOT be rude about it and blame them.

Perhaps you caught the rep on a bad day but that still doesn't excuse unanswered emails. Good custom service can turn a single order customer into a loyal customer. On the flip side, some customers need to be fired because they are impossible to please.
Yup, I agree. That's why I made this whole review. Because I feel that as a company it is bad practice to ignore a customer's e-mails and be rude to them on the phone. I was always nice to them when we spoke.
Old August 17th, 2015, 01:40 PM   #17
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:

7/21/2015
Unfortunately they sent me the wrong seat. They sent me a seat from a 2006 cbr not 2008. They claimed it was my fault even though I clearly wrote in the order that my bike was a 2008.
I don't understand how they can say it was your fault. When you placed the order, you filled out the order form indicating it was for an 08. What was the reason they gave you telling you it was your fault?
Old August 17th, 2015, 01:45 PM   #18
xorbe
ninjette.org guru

Name: xorbe

Motorcycle(s): N650 (and others)

The feeling I got from researching Corbin issue threads is that if there is a mistake on either end of the order (purchaser or Corbin) it is very hard to work with Corbin to resolve the issue. Some resorted to cc charge back.
xorbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 06:24 AM   #19
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
I don't understand how they can say it was your fault. When you placed the order, you filled out the order form indicating it was for an 08. What was the reason they gave you telling you it was your fault?
That's the problem with Corbin, they don't care if it is your fault or not. They will blame you and you are guilty until proven innocent and they are the judge jury and executioner.

Again though that wasn't the problem. I understand, **** happens... I don't like that they never e-mailed me back though and that's what triggered this thread. If I was really mad about the mistake order. Then I would of made this thread back on July 21st when I received the wrong seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
The feeling I got from researching Corbin issue threads is that if there is a mistake on either end of the order (purchaser or Corbin) it is very hard to work with Corbin to resolve the issue. Some resorted to cc charge back.
Yeah, I've seen very similar stories of this same issue happening. That is why I wanted to get word out so people knew. Because if I had known I may have been able to have a pleasant experience with Corbin.

Update: UPS sent me an e-mail saying that the seat is on its way. (This was a few days ago) Said it should be here this thursday. No e-mail from Corbin yet, but no big deal, it looks like my seat is arriving.

Also I added a picture of my order which states that I wrote 2008.