ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2016, 12:08 PM   #41
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Welcome

Keep calm and ride on -Motofool
Never quit on a rainy day -ally99

Old May 26th, 2016, 01:07 PM   #42
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
It's funny, all of the roughly-stated remarks in other threads about hurting yourself and not being over-confident are all things my boys (mostly, but daughter too) have heard over and over.

They will tell you, if I don't like how you are driving or riding - you'll know it. My comments are usually LOUD and some times include "what the !#$%! are you doing? - wake up!"

I've taught 3 teenagers to drive and 2 to ride. I don't coddle. It's serious business.

Not everyone responds well to my style though, so I tone it down when dispensing it to non-family members.

I really think most of the forum members meant well with their comments, but the tone in some of the replies struck a nerve. Hopefully there's something that can be taken from it all.

We want this to be a new-rider-friendly forum, but they do need to be able to take constructive criticism that sometimes stings a bit.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 26th, 2016, 01:34 PM   #43
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
We do not know her story. We do not know her experience with loud overly dramatic people. We do not know how she feels about athority figures or people who think they are and are not. That thread had nothing to do with getting advice @MyTriggaz made it so and when it was suggested he stay on topic he said that is the direction the thread went. More he was waiting to lay into her.

I buck at athority hard, ask my boss. I blame my father.

Old May 26th, 2016, 04:49 PM   #44
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 01 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
We do not know her story. We do not know her experience with loud overly dramatic people. We do not know how she feels about athority figures or people who think they are and are not. That thread had nothing to do with getting advice @MyTriggaz made it so and when it was suggested he stay on topic he said that is the direction the thread went. More he was waiting to lay into her.

I buck at athority hard, ask my boss. I blame my father.
Your dad is Alcide M. Lanoue, the former army Surgeon General?

Old May 26th, 2016, 05:15 PM   #45
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
It's funny, all of the roughly-stated remarks in other threads about hurting yourself and not being over-confident are all things my boys (mostly, but daughter too) have heard over and over.

They will tell you, if I don't like how you are driving or riding - you'll know it. My comments are usually LOUD and some times include "what the !#$%! are you doing? - wake up!"

I've taught 3 teenagers to drive and 2 to ride. I don't coddle. It's serious business.

Not everyone responds well to my style though, so I tone it down when dispensing it to non-family members.

I really think most of the forum members meant well with their comments, but the tone in some of the replies struck a nerve. Hopefully there's something that can be taken from it all.

We want this to be a new-rider-friendly forum, but they do need to be able to take constructive criticism that sometimes stings a bit.

I have 3 kids myself, so it very well may be that that is driving this for me. My kids don't listen to reasoning either and are very headstrong.

Old May 26th, 2016, 05:37 PM   #46
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTriggaz View Post
Your dad is Alcide M. Lanoue, the former army Surgeon General?
Either that, or he's incredibly talented at editing Wikipedia entries.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old May 26th, 2016, 06:33 PM   #47
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
holy **** you know something is wrong when TC agrees with you. no offense corky. (well, maybe a little)

Old May 27th, 2016, 07:35 AM   #48
ZeroGravity360
Just sittin on my stool..

Name: Amanda

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTriggaz View Post
Not sure what any of that has to do with anything else. My beginner status is all but gone. I've put over 2500 miles on my bike in the last month, i don't have confidence issues, never laid down my bike, have no issue commuting, ride on the freeway often, have no issues with brake or throttle control, and have ridden with people that are amazed that I've had 4 weeks of seat time. Though i have taken an msf course about 20 years ago, so there's that.

On a side note, why the name calling? Have i called you any derogatory names?
Enough said, your opinions are no longer relevant at all. You took it 20 years ago and never got on a bike until 4 weeks ago? You probably remember 10% of what you learned because thats how the human brain works and youre over here ripping me a new one? 4 weeks of seat time? I have 3 months.... like I said, goodbye...

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 27th, 2016, 07:46 AM   #49
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14

Old May 27th, 2016, 08:01 AM   #50
MyTriggaz
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroGravity360 View Post
Enough said, your opinions are no longer relevant at all. You took it 20 years ago and never got on a bike until 4 weeks ago? You probably remember 10% of what you learned because thats how the human brain works and youre over here ripping me a new one? 4 weeks of seat time? I have 3 months.... like I said, goodbye...

I've ridden more in 3 days than you have in your 3 months.

Now I'm going to be an asshole....

Go **** yourself. Do what you want on your bike, i still wish you well in your adventures, but when you crash you will get no sympathy from me. I tried to give you helpful advice, you wanted to be a bitch about it, fine, be that way. It's people like you, that can't take some advice from anyone that makes this country the bunch of pussies that it is. Your feelings got hurt? Go ****ing cry in your pillow some more.

I'm done with your ****, you have now made it to my blocked list. To anyone else that doesn't like my attitude and wants to stick up for this attention grabbing twit, **** you to, block me.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 27th, 2016, 08:16 AM   #51
DEFY
ᗧ•••ᗣ•ᗣᗣ•••ᗣ

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R and 2014 Triumph 675R

@Alex can we close this useless thread?

Spoiler for topic:
It might just be the [you] tag

Old May 27th, 2016, 08:21 AM   #52
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

MyTriggaz is on a break for TOS violation.

/thread closed.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Closed Thread