ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Thanks dealer!

My dealer gave me a wonderful gift to start my spring break with (found this out Sunday afternoon the 25th):

IMG_20120330_190549.jpg

They also added some icing to the cake by cracking one of my fairings. Its a small crack that I guess they didn't think I'd catch .

Coolant leak is from the water coolant pipe that comes from the top of the head, they said they may have accidentally bent it. All they needed to do was was replace the spark plugs. Now I really, really hate that I got a maintenance plan so I could do these things myself. Well I am quite pissed with Fay Myers (If you live in CO just so you know) obviously...end rant.

And yes I ****ed at them and they are ordering replacement parts (which I am still waiting on) although they are being a bit coy and have some attitude. Its funny they talked about loyalty when I bought my tires online to and had them install them but they go and screw up my bike, yeah why the hell should I be loyal?...end rant again lol.

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:50 PM   #2
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I'm tired of dealers too! They didn't break my bike...but there were so man loose bolts on it... I hope everything works out for you!

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:58 PM   #3
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

^ugh bolts too, don't remind me that I am also missing rivets in my front cowl because of them too. Its also funny the very first service I had with them they stripped the little side panel screws and expected me to just live with them. Made them get me new screws for that. The rivets I can't really say with complete certainty if it was their fault or if they just fell out.

Old March 31st, 2012, 08:59 PM   #4
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Either way..just pisses you off you know? Not a single bolt on my airbox was tightened. My rear suspension was about to fall off my bike, and I'm so glad I adjusted my chain...because the axle bolt was loose...

Old March 31st, 2012, 09:09 PM   #5
sarapacman99
Climb to Glory!

Name: Charlie

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R White (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
I'm tired of dealers too! They didn't break my bike...but there were so man loose bolts on it... I hope everything works out for you!
i had my bike lowered, all of a sudden chain guard bolt was missing. was too annoyed by the rattling, went to Lowe's and bought a bolt and nut to secure. mechanics who learned their trade through online school i guess.

Old March 31st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #6
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarapacman99 View Post
i had my bike lowered, all of a sudden chain guard bolt was missing. was too annoyed by the rattling, went to Lowe's and bought a bolt and nut to secure. mechanics who learned their trade through online school i guess.
Lol, I guess there is just no escaping the incompetence of some mechanics. I can't even drive my car because a mechanic did an improper alignment so my tires a shredding on the inside which I found out wednesday. Now I have to wait an entire week for new tires. This week really sucked for me.

Old March 31st, 2012, 09:50 PM   #7
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
This is why I do work myself lol