ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old May 11th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #281
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
I hear there may be more stimulus going out if Congress can figure out how to sneak in more unrelated pork projects.

Btw, the government (better known as we the people) are borrowing this money at zero percent interest. Just whom are we borrowing this money from and how are we supposed to pay it back?
We are borrowing the money from a privately-owned bank that can print money out of thin air for very little cost. We are paying it back with decades of labour, sweat and lives. Along with handing over lots of public and corporate ownerships.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old May 12th, 2020, 06:33 AM   #282
Snake

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Well this Friday the 15th, Louisiana is going begin phase one of the reopening. Businesses will reopen with only 25% occupancy to maintain social distancing. It looks like we have a long ways to go before we return to”normal”.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2020, 08:56 AM   #283
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Same with CA. Three different northern counties with low population density and minimal CV-19 cases have re-opened.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...inesses-reopen

Quote:
@Alex I fear a second wave because from what I saw at the memorial and what I see in public, less than half of the people are wearing masks. People are not heading the advice of the scientists.
More critically, people with influence (politicians and media) are not setting policy and reporting appropriately. We might be feeling safe due to large numbers getting infected and recovering without any issues, but we're far from herd-immunity. I still can't believe that face-mask requirements are not universal. That should be mandatory given that social-distancing is wishful thinking. Real reach of sneeze is closer to 2-3x distance dictated by social-distancing. Studies like this should be blasted on news, rather than showing nurses saying "Only sick people should wear face-masks". What idiots!!!

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2763852

EDIT: adding previous article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...6041202031254X
Early on, the virus was discovered in HVAC ventilation-system of hospitals. That was clue that it was airbourne. Washing-hands to clean off large droplets that fall onto surfaces doesn't do sh*t against aerosolized droplets that hang in air and can travel large distances once it's fully evaporated. As can be seen in photo above, only small portion of sneeze are in large enough drops to fall out, rest of spray stays suspended.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; May 15th, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Old May 12th, 2020, 06:52 PM   #284
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
Begin rant...
As of this Friday, I can get my nails done, hair done, a massage, get drunk at a bar and get a tattoo. But... I CAN'T GO TO THE F@!&ING GYM!!!
How the hell can they say a tattoo or a massage or going to a bar is safer than a gym!
/rant

Old May 13th, 2020, 05:26 AM   #285
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Hmmm. Maybe it's because people breath too heavily in gyms. But for me, in the warmer weather is when I go to gyms the least as I can do outdoor running and biking.

Old May 13th, 2020, 06:44 AM   #286
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Same with CA. Three different northern counties with low population density and minimal CV-19 cases have re-opened.
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...inesses-reopen

More critically, people with influence (politicians and media) are not setting policy and reporting appropriately. We might be feeling safe due to large numbers getting infected and recovering without any issues, but we're far from herd-immunity. I still can't believe that face-mask requirements are not universal. That should be mandatory given that social-distancing is wishful thinking. Real reach of sneeze is closer to 2-3x distance dictated by social-distancing. Studies like this should be blasted on news, rather than showing nurses saying "Only sick people should wear face-masks". What idiots!!!

You want to hear about some idiots! Monday we go back to work and I asked my Manager is wearing masks was going to be mandatory and he said: “The management team decided to not make it mandatory but to “strongly recommend “ because they did not want to wear them and if the employees saw them without them they would look like hypocrites” WOW WHAT IDIOTS!

Old May 15th, 2020, 08:07 AM   #287
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Quote:
I hear there may be more stimulus going out if Congress can figure out how to sneak in more unrelated pork projects.

Btw, the government (better known as we the people) are borrowing this money at zero percent interest. Just whom are we borrowing this money from and how are we supposed to pay it back?
Idk I’m just glad I got stimulus like the banks did when they went broke! I’m not gonna go political here.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old May 15th, 2020, 11:40 AM   #288
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Our county is letting a few things open- mostly retail, for curbside pickup (a thing which I am unlikely to use, I don't like to shop that way). We're still getting new infections and deaths, though our rates are pretty low (thankfully).

My father-in-law's nursing home had positive people working there so they tested everybody. He came up negative.

I expect our infection rate to go up now that people don't wear masks in public like they did last week. Everybody relaxes, but it's still running rampant. It's not enough for sick people to wear masks and stay home; people spread it without feeling sick.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2020, 12:02 PM   #289
Snake

Yes, as we open the country up people will relax and there will be more cases. There are two ways stop/control this thing: (1) Develop a vaccine that lasts at least a year like the flue vaccine or/and (2) test every single person so the ones that don’t have it can return to work and those that have it can get treatment. Any other suggestions, please chime in.

Old May 15th, 2020, 01:09 PM   #290
DannoXYZ

Quote:
You want to hear about some idiots! Monday we go back to work and I asked my Manager is wearing masks was going to be mandatory and he said: “The management team decided to not make it mandatory but to “strongly recommend “ because they did not want to wear them and if the employees saw them without them they would look like hypocrites” WOW WHAT IDIOTS!
Seems like they're opening themselves up to some major liabilities. One guy's already died. Seems like an OSHA case. Perhaps even class-action lawsuit if more people fall ill and die!!! You're being exposed needlessly: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...enger-coughing

Record everything, make copies of all documents. Never know when they'll come in handy.

Also avoid face-masks with valve. Those may filter on inhale, but will exhale unfiltered air, and moisture and viruses!

Old May 17th, 2020, 02:26 PM   #291
Snake

NASCAR has gone back to racing with no people the stands. All the pit crew had masks on.

Old July 10th, 2020, 03:14 PM   #292
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Well, we're another month in - and all signs are still pretty dark. Record new infections for the last few days both in aggregate and in quite a few states, deaths are creeping up (on a 2-3 week lag of cases), and we are seeing the exact same ominous stories from healthcare workers in places like Houston and Phoenix, that we heard in NY back in April. I hope folks are still hanging in there on the economic front. Whether there are required/recommended/limited continued business closings in various locations, if people continue to feel that there is significant risk to them, the impacts are going to continue to be significant.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 4th, 2020, 03:55 AM   #293
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
I blame protest and parties for the up tick in numbers around my area... Most don't wear mask even though it is mandated. Our neighbors have pool parties 2-3 to.es a week.

Old August 5th, 2020, 06:02 PM   #294
BoBO
ninjette.org guru

Name: Genesis

Motorcycle(s): SC28 Fireblade

^Same here in SoCal too many protesters and people wanting congregate outside.
BoBO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 5th, 2020, 08:09 PM   #295
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Well, what made me a loser last year is making me a responsible person this year. Stay home and play video games.

BTW, really enjoying "Ghost of Tsushima" if any of you are into that sort of thing. So beautiful on a PS4 Pro on a 4K big screen.

The world is full of irresponsible people. I just had a buddy ask us to go to a comedy club... which amazingly is open here in Wisconsin right now. They may as well just call it a Covid club. A small tightly packed place with a bunch of people laughing and removing their masks so they can drink their 2 drink requirements for the club. Unbelievable.

Old August 9th, 2020, 12:36 PM   #296
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Some motorcycle content:

https://rallysturgis.com/webcams

A small number of attendees appear to be wearing masks.
Ditto for helmets.

It'll be interesting to see the extent of COVID-19 spikes in the coming weeks.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2020, 08:17 AM   #297
BuffBills
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 1999 Ninja 250

My social distancing is hitting the backroads here in VA and my helmet is my mask
BuffBills is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2020, 01:30 PM   #298
DannoXYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffBills View Post
My social distancing is hitting the backroads here in VA and my helmet is my mask
Yeah me too! I still go into S.F. office about once/week. But make sure I take long way in & out! Also saving 1.5-hrs/day in commuting time has gotten more of my projects done!!

Some more facemask studies. Nothing new, but shows how entrenched NIH-syndrome is here:
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800
https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/article...oronavirus.php

Rates of infection has actually been increasing. July had as many as previous 3-months combined!

Old September 1st, 2020, 09:21 AM   #299
Kawinoob217
ninjette.org member

Name: Ethan

Motorcycle(s): 1998 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I had quite the weird experience as lock down in my state was taking place during my last semester of college. On a Wednesday, they told us that there would be no class Thursday or Friday. The following Monday everything was online. I was going stircrazy just doing zoom calls for all my classes in my room.
Kawinoob217 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2020, 07:42 AM   #300
Snake

How is everyone doing in there states?

Here is Louisiana the cases and hospitalization is going down.

Old November 7th, 2020, 08:33 AM   #301
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

There aren't many bright spots, with 126,000 new cases diagnosed yesterday (another record). It's not going to be pretty over the next few weeks. Here's what it looks like across the US - the colors are cases diagnosed per 100,000 population:

click here for the interactive features

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old November 7th, 2020, 11:30 AM   #302
DannoXYZ

getting worse in CA

Old November 7th, 2020, 12:50 PM   #303
dcj13
Participant

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): '94 K75 std

MOTM - Aug '15
Thanks for the map link, Alex... It's a keeper!

Two of my go-tos are

Corona virus dashboard (run by a teenager on Mercer Island, WA):
https://ncov2019.live/

and

IHME COVID-19 Projections:
https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...aths&tab=trend

Unfortunately, COVID-19 didn't go away on November 4th, as some folks predicted.
dcj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2020, 03:54 PM   #304
Snake

California looks much better than I expected. In fact the western half off the country “looks” better than the eastern half.
For Christmas vacation I am going to be with my Mother and Brother In Roseville.

Old November 12th, 2020, 06:23 AM   #305
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Wisconsin is looking bad right now.

I blame the bars and restaurants staying open and the governor for not doing something about it. It's mostly the bars and the alcoholics in them. They don't care about the virus they care about getting drunk. No masks on anywhere, face to face, talking all night, and probably spitting while they talk too. F'ing idiots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (190.5 KB, 1 views)

Old November 12th, 2020, 09:27 AM   #306
DannoXYZ

Yeah, don't even have to cough or sneeze on someone to spread coronavirus to them. Newer study shows just breathing and speaking near someone will infect them! Innovative use of lasers.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2007800

infections are increasing...

EDIT: Pathway of infection, it takes hold inside your nose first!
https://sph.unc.edu/sph-news/researc...iratory-tract/

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; December 28th, 2020 at 01:58 PM.

Old November 12th, 2020, 05:27 PM   #307
Snake

Brings back something we used to say as kids..... “Say it, don’t spray it”

Old November 22nd, 2020, 08:21 AM   #308
Snake

Thanksgiving is this week. Everyone I have talked to says they are proceeding with Thanksgiving dinner but that the gathering will be much smaller.
The same is true for me. I am still going to fry a turkey as soon n years past.

Old December 1st, 2020, 09:55 AM   #309
GAU-8
Socially inept. Yet FUN!

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): Current machines- 1992 SECA II 600, 2006 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250

Quote:
Brings back something we used to say as kids..... “Say it, don’t spray it”

That's been years! Almost shot out my drink from my nose.

As for Turkey day, I spent it alone. Which was intentional. Got that pesky valve adjustment out of the way.
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 7th, 2020, 06:37 PM   #310
Snake

I’ve had to change my travel plans but I’m still headed to California for the holidays.

Old December 15th, 2020, 10:24 AM   #311
Snake

I made the trip from Louisiana to California in two days. Long drive but well worth it.

Old December 22nd, 2020, 10:03 PM   #312
Snake

Due to the pandemic will your family gatherings be smaller or the same size as usual?

Either way, wishing everyone a safe and happy Christmas!

Old December 28th, 2020, 01:47 AM   #313
DannoXYZ

Had small gathering of immediate family members.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; December 28th, 2020 at 10:11 AM.

Old December 28th, 2020, 06:13 AM   #314
Snake

We also had a small gathering of family members.

Old December 28th, 2020, 10:14 AM   #315
DannoXYZ

Some adverse reactions to Moderna and Pfizer vaccines:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/16/h...-reaction.html
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2773790 - note percentages of side-effects
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...onditions.html - know your medical history beforehand

This is probably partly due to pushing these out before fully completing clinical trials.
My lab-mates at Gilead are saying they're going to fine-tune their vaccine and have it fully-tested before releasing.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; December 28th, 2020 at 04:33 PM.

Old December 28th, 2020, 11:11 AM   #316
Snake

Thankfully right now The vaccine is voluntary.

Old December 28th, 2020, 11:32 AM   #317
Snake

Great Britain has detected a new covid variant that is supposed to be more contagious than the original. It has mutated.

Old December 28th, 2020, 02:03 PM   #318
DannoXYZ

Remember all the doom & gloom reports about aftermath of Sturgis? Here's final results:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e1.htm

Cliff Notes:
~460,000 people gathered for 10-days in close-proximity, ignoring social-distancing rules, very few face-masks in use.
86 cases of COVID-19 contracted
4 hospitalizations
1 death

Old December 28th, 2020, 02:17 PM   #319
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Due to the pandemic will your family gatherings be smaller or the same size as usual?

Either way, wishing everyone a safe and happy Christmas!
Much, much smaller. Just my immediate family. We have some older folks in the fam and we can't risk them. Previous years for thanksgiving and Christmas we pile a crazy 4 generations of family in to one house. Everyone's been pushing out kids for decades and now those kids are having kids... last time we had a good 25 people there. Not this year, with the elders in the 87 year old range. You know if they catch it they are goners. Don't want to send granny and gramps to the grave early, we love them too much.

So we bought them "Grandpads". Tablets super simplified that allow video chats and are so easy to use you don't need to have ever turned on a computer in their life. They love them! They come with a 4G connection and they are getting pics and stories of the grandkids and great grandkids, it's like a whole new world.

Old December 28th, 2020, 02:21 PM   #320
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Remember all the doom & gloom reports about aftermath of Sturgis? Here's final results:
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6947e1.htm

Cliff Notes:
~460,000 people gathered for 10-days in close-proximity, ignoring social-distancing rules, very few face-masks in use.
86 cases of COVID-19 contracted
4 hospitalizations
1 death
That's actually not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Unless it's highly under-reported which is a distinct possibility. The kind of people who go to Sturgis are unlikely to admit they got it from there, or even mention that they were there for fear of the repercussions.