ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old February 16th, 2016, 09:56 AM   #1
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Places worth riding/visiting in the south east US?

I haven't posted here in a bit, but since this forum is pretty widespread all over the US/world, I figure some of you guys probably have some good ideas for this-

Long story short, I bought a bike (a 2015 FZ-07 that I've been modding the **** out of) and plan to take it cross country starting in about a month, leaving from los angeles, and turning around in the Florida keys. I'm planning to stay a bit south for a lot of it to make sure I avoid any snow that might still be lingering from winter (which, it sounds like there's a lot of that this year), but, while I have a decent set of must visit places so far between here and texas, I'm not seeing a whole lot in the georgia/mississippi/alabama/louisiana type areas. (Or a bit more north of that, pending weather)

Any ninjettes from that side of the country have any suggestions for, say, national parks/monuments/roads that must be visited/cool things that must be seen?

Here's my map so far- any opinions and suggestions are much appreciated:

http://mapq.st/1XvAa3g
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 8.54.09 AM.jpg (94.5 KB, 21 views)
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old February 16th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #2
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R, Tiger 800 XRT

Don't know anything about the Southeast, but I suggest doing some more of Southeast Utah, specifically Monument Valley and Valley of the Gods. If you want to swing up north a bit more after those, Canyonlands and Arches are spectacular as well. I also recommend the Burr Trail that goes from Bullfrog to Boulder (UT), though you'd probably want to do that in the direction that you don't go to the Grand Canyon.

Looks like you're missing Death Valley too, I'd add that as well, and knock on the front door of Area 51 if you're feeling feisty.

I bet it will be an awesome trip, I'm jealous!
Ralgha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 11:06 AM   #3
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
The Barber motorcycle museum in Birmingham Alabama. If you have one sliver of love for motorcycles you won't regret going there.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 11:08 AM   #4
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

I've seen a decent amount of california now, which is why I haven't added much in the way of that stuff, but I actually haven't ticked off death valley yet. That might be a better option for the road out of california instead of joshua tree, actually

How late does it stay frosty up there this time of year? I'd love to see more of that, but since I'm starting my trek in March, I'm figuring I might have to wait to see a lot of the higher points in the US for a bit later.

I could probably hit some of those spots on the way back, or on the way to Alaska over the summer though, so I'll definitely jot those down on the to do list! Thanks!

Old February 16th, 2016, 11:10 AM   #5
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgold View Post
The Barber motorcycle museum in Birmingham Alabama. If you have one sliver of love for motorcycles you won't regret going there.
Oh right! I totally forgot about this! Definitely definitely want to go to barber. I'll add that on the way for sure.

...Now if I could also find a way to ride the track while I'm there....

Old February 16th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #6
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Late Mar, early Apr is perfect time for the Smokies!
Don't miss a track day at Jennings.
I'll second the suggestion of the Barber Museum.
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 12:00 PM   #7
VaFish
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
New Orleans,

Huntsville has a NASA Rocket facility (but that's a little further north then you are going),
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 12:37 PM   #8
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Sweet!! You're doing it! That is awesome!

If you do decide to do Death Valley, like *now* is prefect. They are having a rare "super bloom", the El Nino storms have woken up all the wildflowers and the valley is blanketed in yellows and purples! http://ktla.com/2016/02/15/rare-supe...h-wildflowers/

Mobile AL is home to the USS Alabama, which I always see as I'm passing through and never stopped at. If you ride through the city at night, it's really colorful with all the skyscrapers lit up.

In Florida, not far from Pensacola/Destin are three cool state parks: Ponce de Leon, Falling Waters, and Florida Caverns. Beautiful parks that resemble nothing out here that I've seen. Fact, FL has a massive amount of state parks and a passport book that is as big as the National Park one. Worth looking into the parks along your route. I really liked my visit to the Everglades near Fort Lauderdale, walking feet away from the beautiful animals there was a surreal experience.

If I can offer some side trips elsewhere:

NM - If the conditions are clear in Albuquerque, take a side trip up to Sandia Peak. Short drive from the city, stupidly twisty on the way up (though slow if behind traffic), and a cute little gift shop/diner at the top with an INSANE view of the valley below.

AZ - On your map, if you look between your east and west bound routes along the AZ/NM border, you'll see Apache-Sitgraeves National Forests. The road between Clifton and Eager is Route 191, formerly Route 666 "The Devil's Highway". If you can, TAKE THIS ROAD! It's remote and very very lightly traveled so take care, but so worth it!

You will be doing a ride report afterwards, yes? I want to see your trip!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:00 PM   #9
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
New Orleans, duh.

Cafe au lait and beingnets at Cafe du Monde.

Sucking heads (crawfish)

Cajun food.

Terrific music (hint - things don't really get started til well after midnight)

Fla - NASA, yeah. Gulf coast beaches.

Everglades for the nature thing.

The Keys to say you've done it (Mile 0)

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:11 PM   #10
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
I'm planning to stay a bit south for a lot of it to make sure I avoid any snow that might still be lingering from winter (which, it sounds like there's a lot of that this year)
I was introduced to a neat site not too long ago that shows current wide area satellite imagery. While I've not be able to find the metadata on exactly when the images were taken, it is still is a handy viewer to give you a sense of what the rest of the country looks like.

https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov/

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:24 PM   #11
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Sweet!! You're doing it! That is awesome!

If you do decide to do Death Valley, like *now* is prefect. They are having a rare "super bloom", the El Nino storms have woken up all the wildflowers and the valley is blanketed in yellows and purples! http://ktla.com/2016/02/15/rare-supe...h-wildflowers/

Mobile AL is home to the USS Alabama, which I always see as I'm passing through and never stopped at. If you ride through the city at night, it's really colorful with all the skyscrapers lit up.

In Florida, not far from Pensacola/Destin are three cool state parks: Ponce de Leon, Falling Waters, and Florida Caverns. Beautiful parks that resemble nothing out here that I've seen. Fact, FL has a massive amount of state parks and a passport book that is as big as the National Park one. Worth looking into the parks along your route. I really liked my visit to the Everglades near Fort Lauderdale, walking feet away from the beautiful animals there was a surreal experience.

If I can offer some side trips elsewhere:

NM - If the conditions are clear in Albuquerque, take a side trip up to Sandia Peak. Short drive from the city, stupidly twisty on the way up (though slow if behind traffic), and a cute little gift shop/diner at the top with an INSANE view of the valley below.

AZ - On your map, if you look between your east and west bound routes along the AZ/NM border, you'll see Apache-Sitgraeves National Forests. The road between Clifton and Eager is Route 191, formerly Route 666 "The Devil's Highway". If you can, TAKE THIS ROAD! It's remote and very very lightly traveled so take care, but so worth it!

You will be doing a ride report afterwards, yes? I want to see your trip!
Ohmigawd. I love you. As silly and girly as it is, I really love wild flowers. I literally did a 600 some mile day trip last year in spring up the coast just to see all the flowers lining pch up through big sur. Might be the artist in me, but something about fields of natural vibrancy just takes me to a really special zen place

My current plan of departure is March 12, so that could be the most amazing way possible to start the trip.

The AZ/NM portion is definitely not at all set in stone, so suggestions there are good too! Little roads that aren't necessarily obvious to someone who has never been are very much what I want to hear about, so thanks! I'm gonna edit my route tacking in some of these suggestions and see what I can come up with.

The most important aspect is making sure I have somewhere to sleep each night (I'm planning to camp at the national parks for my accommodations this trip), but as long as I stay at least somewhat en route to somewhere to safely stay, then skies the limit. The only time restriction I have is I want to make Circuit of the Americas for motogp in Austin on the weekend of April 10, so I have almost a month to dick around before I have to make sure I'm back in Texas.

Definitely planning to do a ride report in some form during and after! This has been my bucket list trip since I first bought a motor cycle so I'm gonna live it up as much as I can

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:30 PM   #12
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
New Orleans, duh.

Cafe au lait and beingnets at Cafe du Monde.

Sucking heads (crawfish)

Cajun food.

Terrific music (hint - things don't really get started til well after midnight)

Fla - NASA, yeah. Gulf coast beaches.

Everglades for the nature thing.

The Keys to say you've done it (Mile 0)
Oh, suggestions on food to eat are also helpful! Thanks! It looks like I accidentally have new orleans on my route right now as is, so I'll make sure it stays there. I'm pretty introverted, so I'm not much for the night life, but I'd love to check out a little bit of the eats and atmosphere :P

Old February 16th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #13
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
(I'm planning to camp at the national parks for my accommodations this trip)
If this is the case, definitely the NPS pass will come in handy (http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm) and it even covers parking for other agencies - like the Sandia Peak I mentioned.

And you are picking up a Passport book, right? http://www.eparks.com/store/

Both of those are available at almost any park headquarters/visitor centers, just linked so you knew what I was talking about.

I'll post a suggestion that @cuong-nutz offered me when I passed through Texas, hope he doesn't mind me quoting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz
I would suggest hitting TX-118 to Fort Davis and then take TX-17 North back to I-10. This will set you back an hour but that may not work out to your favor. It's really scenic and twisty but you're out there in the outskirts of the mountains. It's east of Van Horn which is east of El Paso off I-10.

I know a definite route for you before you come into Houston. FM 1458 from I-10 to San Felipe to 359 out in Brookshire will put you back onto I-10 heading east. It's a scenic route with sweepers and will break away the buzzing of slabbing it for hours. It'll take 10-15 minutes off your route.

Old February 16th, 2016, 04:11 PM   #14
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
I can help with roads less traveled in Arizona. Buddy of mine just went there.....info below!!

Old 666 is a definite must! There's a few routes I'll post below.

Linky to maps here: Click me!

Nice little loop with food! Click me!

191 loop: Click me!

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #15
chugs
Schönen Tag noch

Name: c

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250 race bike, 02 gixxer 600 telefonica

If you make it all the way down to Key West, Sandy's cafe makes awesome sandwichs open 24/7. Get the Cuban or Fat Sandy Sandwich.

chugs is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old February 16th, 2016, 05:40 PM   #16
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Forgot to mention Natural Bridges, if you're at all into the night sky, Natural Bridges is the darkest place in the US, and it's pretty spectacular in daylight too. It's north of Mexican Hat, highly recommended (by me)!

Old February 16th, 2016, 05:44 PM   #17
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralgha View Post
Forgot to mention Natural Bridges, if you're at all into the night sky, Natural Bridges is the darkest place in the US, and it's pretty spectacular in daylight too. It's north of Mexican Hat, highly recommended (by me)!
Slight hijack....sorry op.

Didn't know you'd be here too!!

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 17th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #18
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
If you want to add some goofiness to your ride, check out http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ and pick a handful of delightfully odd roadside places to bring some wimsy to your days.

I'm using it to plan my next vacation just to have some fun stuff to stop at (or ride, like the massive long arrow straight road in Oklahoma).

Old February 17th, 2016, 03:40 PM   #19
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Forget the Florida route, head north to the smokey mountains!! Wait, what's the timing? They're kinda hit or miss on snow right now if I had to guess.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 05:42 AM   #20
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
A few general things when traveling:

- Make it a point to avoid Interstate highways whenever possible. Riding on the superslab is the best way to NOT see the country.

- Make it a point to avoid franchise restaurants whenever possible. Visit funky, local, unique places instead.

- When you have the time, ride through little towns instead of around them. You'll encounter delightful surprises everywhere you go.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 06:27 AM   #21
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:

- Make it a point to avoid Interstate highways whenever possible. Riding on the superslab is the best way to NOT see the country.

- Make it a point to avoid franchise restaurants whenever possible. Visit funky, local, unique places instead.

- When you have the time, ride through little towns instead of around them. You'll encounter delightful surprises everywhere you go.
I like using the food networks web site and visiting restaurants that TV shows such as Diners Drive Ins and Dives or Man Vs Food have been to.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants.html

Old February 18th, 2016, 08:56 AM   #22
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Omg... so true. Where else would you see Brittany Spears working at a gas station checkout. You gotta take road less traveled to see what is most often missed.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 01:07 PM   #23
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Sorry for the delayed response! Trying to incorporate as many suggestions as possible into the route. I've updated it quite a bit, although there are still some barren areas, and I'll definitely be improvising plenty:

http://mapq.st/211uXG6 (For the record, I'm only using map quest over google because they let me use more markers. I fully acknowledge that google is otherwise better in every way)

I did pick up a national park pass last time I went camping at Joshua tree, so the national parks are definitely what I'm really shooting for the most. Never knew those existed until one of my other friends mentioned them. They got soo much of my money last year needlessly T_T

Still gotta tweak a lot of the roads to grab some of these route and restaurant suggestions and be slightly more back roadsie, (Although I'm going alone and I'm not much of a canyon carver anymore- so I very very very strongly prefer scenic over technical or challenging when I'm riding on the street), but I think this is a great start! Thanks a lot so far guys! I've barely seen the US so far, save when visiting race tracks, so I'm pretty clueless on what all is awesome otherwise. And none of these legs are toooooo terribly far apart so far, so I think I'll be in okay shape distance per day wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Forget the Florida route, head north to the smokey mountains!! Wait, what's the timing? They're kinda hit or miss on snow right now if I had to guess.
I would so love to do this (I also really really want to tack in some mountain hot springs when I'm on the way back, since I expect to need them desperately), but it's all heavily dependent on the weather. Leaving mid march, and looping back to texas for motogp mid april, then more likely than not hitching a ride back with a couple friends to LA who are riding their bikes to CotA and back from there. I'm going to be unemployed though, so I definitely can get in some of that after I get back from the initial cross country trip if all goes well. If I'm being honest, I'm way more interested in seeing the northern states, but the timing is what it is

Quote:

I'll do my best! Although I'm pretty directionally retarded, so I'll also do my best to not get completely lost and never be seen again, haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
I like using the food networks web site and visiting restaurants that TV shows such as Diners Drive Ins and Dives or Man Vs Food have been to.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/restaurants.html
Quote:
If you want to add some goofiness to your ride, check out http://www.roadsideamerica.com/ and pick a handful of delightfully odd roadside places to bring some wimsy to your days.

I'm using it to plan my next vacation just to have some fun stuff to stop at (or ride, like the massive long arrow straight road in Oklahoma).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugs View Post
If you make it all the way down to Key West, Sandy's cafe makes awesome sandwichs open 24/7. Get the Cuban or Fat Sandy Sandwich.

That looks magical- Bookmarking all of these- thank you!

Old February 18th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #24
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
I found a natural bridges in california and I found one in Utah. Were you referring to the Utah one? Or are there more that I overlooked? Because I'd love to add that!

Old February 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM   #25
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Oh right, and in case anyone is actually interested in seeing the actual bike I'm using, the build I've done so far, and following along down the line, I started blogging things just for the sake of sharing with friends and family, since my friends kept insisting I have an organized way for them to come along vicariously:

Just if you're curious:
https://fzombieapocalypse.wordpress.com

You'll have to forgive me for not using the ninja though, haha

Old February 18th, 2016, 01:37 PM   #26
AwDang
ninjette.org guru

Name: Pat

Motorcycle(s): 286, 296, 599, 799

Quote:
Skip I-20 to ATL then 75 south.

Get over to US 280 S from B-ham toward Columbus, then Dothan.
AwDang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 02:30 PM   #27
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Oh right, and in case anyone is actually interested in seeing the actual bike I'm using, the build I've done so far, and following along down the line, I started blogging things just for the sake of sharing with friends and family, since my friends kept insisting I have an organized way for them to come along vicariously:

Just if you're curious:
https://fzombieapocalypse.wordpress.com

You'll have to forgive me for not using the ninja though, haha
Not to chase you away from Ningette, Tiffani but are you familiar with ADVrider.com?
TONS of posts with everything your looking for and the kitchen sink!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 03:11 PM   #28
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOWn60 View Post
Not to chase you away from Ningette, Tiffani but are you familiar with ADVrider.com?
TONS of posts with everything your looking for and the kitchen sink!
If no one has managed to chase me away from ninjette by now, that'll probably never happen!

I signed up on ADVrider a while back, but haven't used it too much, as the community came off as a bit more.... angry and crotchety whenever I asked a question, haha (Not everyone, of course, and I can certainly sarcasm with the best of them, but sometimes when I ask a question, I want answers and not nay saying- ninjette may have spoiled me ). Great forum for research in general though! Now that you mention it, I should probably see if I can find some good gps recommendations on there, too, as that's another thing I still haven't gotten sorted at all yet.

So much still to figure out and so little time!

Old February 18th, 2016, 03:25 PM   #29
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
So much still to figure out and so little time!
No sympathy here! Only Jealousy!

And yes; it's easy to be spoiled here on ningette: without a doubt it is the friendliest and most helpful forum I have ever come across. Everywhere else in comparison seems full of trolls and A holes!

Side note: there are over 101 hot springs to explore up here in BC, most accessible on a dual sport. It's why I bought mine! Good luck on your adventure! The Dad in me says: be careful and don't talk to strangers!

Edit: If you are intimidated posting on Advrider; feel free to pm me your questions and I'll post them up. I'm FASTn50 on that forum but I don't post often though I do read there often. Better hurry though as I'll soon be SENILEn65!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 18th, 2016, 07:23 PM   #30
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

any particular reason why you're heading down south to Corpus Christi? Seeing the Blue Ghost? I can give you routes when I get some time from El Paso to Louisiana. I will warn you, you will hate choosing I-10 through texas.

Old February 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM   #31
Ralgha
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I found a natural bridges in california and I found one in Utah. Were you referring to the Utah one? Or are there more that I overlooked? Because I'd love to add that!
I'm referring to the one in Utah, I wasn't aware that there was one in California too. The Utah one is pretty awesome.

Old February 19th, 2016, 10:30 AM   #32
VaFish

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
I'm referring to the one in Utah, I wasn't aware that there was one in California too. The Utah one is pretty awesome.
There is a Natural Bridge in Virginia too!

Old April 19th, 2016, 06:43 PM   #33
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Oh, right, so..... I did it! I mean, I crossed the country, everything went great-ish (Finding camp spots turned into a bit of a conundrum and I was improvising and finding something last second literally every night shortly into the trip. but that added to the learning experience). What an incredible experience! I'd highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend anyone who has a motorcycle doing some open road therapy. AND- better yet, I even have my story being published in Motorcyclist Magazine, which I'm pretty excited (read as: self conscious) about, haha:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/au...iffani-burkett (shameless plug)

Although that blog link covered it too.

I did end up finding very little in the south, I stopped at a lot of places I didn't intend to, and ran into some cool roads I didn't know would be cool, and it was seriously the best thing ever. I'm now planning a full tour of the remaining states, because I'm thoroughly addicted to the road Totalled in at 9000 miles, 31 days, and 14 states

Oh, and the south east (except for florida and the dragon) were awful, haha

Old April 19th, 2016, 07:11 PM   #34
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Oh, right, so..... I did it! I mean, I crossed the country..........
Totalled in at 9000 miles, 31 days, and 14 states

Oh, and the south east (except for florida and the dragon) were awful, haha
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2016, 08:29 AM   #35
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Whoo hoo! Congrats on your ride! I can't wait to sit down and read the articles about your adventure.

Old April 20th, 2016, 10:54 AM   #36
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Whoo hoo! Congrats on your ride! I can't wait to sit down and read the articles about your adventure.
Thanks! Sorry I didn't post up a ride report here. Between not having cell service some nights, the constant battle to keep my phone charged, and just generally being all over the place, it was enough to keep my facebook updated so my friends didn't think I had died, haha

I totally understand why you loved touring so much. I can't think of a lot of things that made me more happy than that satisfaction of touching the Atlantic ocean for the first time. I can see how this becomes a whole lifestyle. I'm still too addicted to racetracks to ever officially give up that life too, but I definitely don't want to go back to routine until I've seen the whole country now!

So much to plan and so many states to see!

Old April 20th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #37
fleemos
ninjette.org guru

Name: Darren

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Yamaha FZ6R, 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600

Congrats Tiffani!

I haven't been on here for a while, sorry I didn't come on and see this sooner. I've done cross country twice, second time last September. I don't know when I'll find the time to but I'd like to go straight to Seattle, up to Vancouver, then reenter the in Maine and then head home.

I'll likely do a trip to Colorado and Wyoming in the near future. If you ever are in that area be sure to ride up Pikes Peak.

If you are ever back over this side I'd meet up with you for some Cherohala Skyway and Blue Ridge Parkway
fleemos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2016, 10:59 AM   #38
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Congrats on getting published and I'm glad your tour went so well!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2016, 11:48 AM   #39
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Quote:
I can see how this becomes a whole lifestyle. I'm still too addicted to racetracks to ever officially give up that life too, but I definitely don't want to go back to routine until I've seen the whole country now!
Just think, now you can satisfy the travel bug while visiting all of the other racetracks around the country!

Old April 21st, 2016, 09:00 AM   #40
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleemos View Post
Congrats Tiffani!

I haven't been on here for a while, sorry I didn't come on and see this sooner. I've done cross country twice, second time last September. I don't know when I'll find the time to but I'd like to go straight to Seattle, up to Vancouver, then reenter the in Maine and then head home.

I'll likely do a trip to Colorado and Wyoming in the near future. If you ever are in that area be sure to ride up Pikes Peak.

If you are ever back over this side I'd meet up with you for some Cherohala Skyway and Blue Ridge Parkway
I definitely will be! I'm not sure when exactly I'm leaving again yet (probably just a couple weeks) or when I'll be where, but I have a ton of stuff I already want to hit especially in colorado and wyoming, as I've got a lot of friends around there. I was thinking of going to Pikes Peak to watch the hill climb, but I really just want to ride it myself, haha (Also MotoAmerica is at Miller in Utah the day before, so might be a superhuman feat to make both).

I like the loop through canada idea. Maybe I'll steal that and do it in the opposite direction

Quote:
Just think, now you can satisfy the travel bug while visiting all of the other racetracks around the country!
Oh man, that's really the dream! I wish I could do trackdays in my textile adventure gear, because riding by Vegas motor speedway, homestead, daytona, jennings, barber, circuit of the americas, Inde, chuckwalla, etc etc etc was a little bit of torture, haha.

I started picking out a new set of things in each state, and man, we have SO MUCH in the Western side of the US, alone. I'm glad I opted to do this first instead of going to europe or something!