ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 8th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #1
RBN
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Frankenstein

Coasting enricher, what pipe goes where?

As per title I'm trying to work out what pipe goes where on a dismantled set of carbs.

OK so as far as I am aware, one goes to to the side of each carb (which seems to lead to the idle jet tube?), one pipe to the engine side of the venturi to create a vacuum and operate the plunger, but where does the 4th pipe go? I can't see a place for it to go on either carb.

And how does it work (I realise it enriches on over run, and is operated by a vacuum, but what is the method of it's enrichment?, does it block off airflow or draw extra fuel from somewhere). When the plunger is moved by the vacuum does it close off an airway or open one? or open/close a fuel circuit?

I'm not often confused by carbs but this thing's thrown me.
RBN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #2
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

See attached.

The lower enrichener port on the right carb has the smaller tube. It goes to the middle port on the top of the enrichener itself.

The Upper port has the bigger tube. It goes to the top rear port of the enrichener itself.

The bottom of the enrichener itself goes to the left lower enrichener port.

The front port on the enrichener itself goes to the right vacuum port. There is also an overflow port (large yellow tube) connected to a Tee between the two carbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NinjaCarbLowerEnrich.jpg (102.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg NinjaCarbTop.jpg (165.6 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg NinjaCarbUpperEnrich.jpg (55.6 KB, 19 views)

Old July 9th, 2013, 02:45 AM   #3
RBN
ninjette.org member

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): Frankenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
See attached.

The lower enrichener port on the right carb has the smaller tube. It goes to the middle port on the top of the enrichener itself.

The Upper port has the bigger tube. It goes to the top rear port of the enrichener itself.

The bottom of the enrichener itself goes to the left lower enrichener port.

The front port on the enrichener itself goes to the right vacuum port. There is also an overflow port (large yellow tube) connected to a Tee between the two carbs.
That's a big help thanks.
RBN is offline   Reply With Quote