ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old February 16th, 2022, 04:01 PM   #1
Masta' C
ninjette.org newbie

Name: C

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R

Cost to rebuild carbs at dealer?

Recently dropped off my wife's 2010 250R at a dealership in the Phoenix area for a carb rebuild as the bike was previously owned by my sister and was having difficulty starting after sitting for a long time.

We had begun pulling it apart to do the carb rebuild ourselves, but an unexpected job change and sudden relocation meant we didn't have time to complete it on our own, so we were stuck with the dealership due to time constraints.

The seats, side fairings, tail fairing, and tank were all removed from the bike, and the tank emptied, before we dropped the bike and all its parts off at the dealer. The bike was complete and we gave the dealership all of the parts that came off it.

The dealership originally stated around $450 for the rebuild work and said they could definitely put it back together for us. Adding in an oil change (with our own oil/filter) and after seeing the bike partially apart (which they would have to do anyway to remove the airbox, carbs, etc), the quote somehow jumped to over $600.

Well, I just got a call today indicating that the carbs have been rebuilt and the current price is $732, but the bike is not together. They want another $200+ to put the fairings, etc. back on the bike so it can be ridden out of there.

Does that sound reasonable to anyone who may have had experience getting similar work done at a dealership?

Does anyone have access to what the "book rate" is for a full carb rebuild on these bikes?
Masta' C is offline   Reply With Quote