ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1
psych0hans
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Hansveer

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r - Track whore, Ninja 300 - SOLD, KTM RC390 - Orange Hulk, Ducati 899 Panigale - Red Devil.

Just picked up some gold valve emulators

Hi guys, I just picked up some gold valve emulators for a princely sum of 120$. What I want to know is, should I consider changing the springs as well? I weigh about 150lbs, so I'm not sure if I need to. I checked on another thread on these forums that the compression rate of the stock springs is approx .65kg, which would be close enough for what I need. I'll be mainly using the bike for street use, but will track it from time to time. What else should I consider purchasing with this to enhance the front suspension? I'm generally on a pretty tight budget.

Old July 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #2
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Nice find. Preload adjusters would help. I think your springs are going to be fine. I am keeping my stock springs and I weight ~155lb.

Old July 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #3
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
look up how to tell what your current sag is. if your sag isnt correct with your current springs and weight you can add preload with washers or a set of preload adjusters or change to correctly rated springs (better then just adding preload because it keeps your current travel)

ideally you would want correctly rated springs with preload adjusters to fine-tune your bottom out