Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old August 15th, 2012, 05:10 PM   #41
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
Once we get down there beach wise everyone is on their own. When we get into OC I'm gonna be unloading our vehicales and what not with Meg's family and getting situated from there. If anyone stays down there and wants to do a scheduled ride sometime I'm down we'll jsut figure it out once we get down there.

Edit: Miles if you want to ride all the way down and leave your stuff with us while you go to the beach that's completely cool. Our place is right off the beach and you can walk right to it.
thanks, cool yeah that would be most helpful. ill be riding in a 1piece so I don't think that would be too enjoyable on the sand lol
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2012, 07:25 PM   #42
ninjette.org member

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 03 ninja 250

Sounds good, I work right off rt13 in Dover.So you tell me where to meet ya. The Dover mall parking lot is quite large and that's where I'll be leaving work.

Mounted and balanced the rear tire tonight can't wait to actually ride the bike past the neighborhood when it's tagged on Friday. If anything comes up or changes I'll be sure to text you Jon.
02337 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #43
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02337 View Post
Sounds good, I work right off rt13 in Dover.So you tell me where to meet ya. The Dover mall parking lot is quite large and that's where I'll be leaving work.

Mounted and balanced the rear tire tonight can't wait to actually ride the bike past the neighborhood when it's tagged on Friday. If anything comes up or changes I'll be sure to text you Jon.
Dover mall parking lot at noon it is! @rmorse if you need directions let me know. Say JCpenny's? I'll be the one on the ninja with a few other riders... LOL
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #44
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bobby

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Ok cool. I'll shoot for hitting Dover a bit earlier than 12, since I got my bad back. So, I'll aim for like 10:30-11am, and walk around a bit with the girlfriend. Then when you guys get here, someone can text me and I'll meet up whereever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles_Prower View Post
btw who all is actually planning on going on the beach? If so, where are you all storing your gear (unless you want to go ATGATT on the beach too LOL)?
My parents have a beach house on 126th street, ocean side. A block from the beach. You (and others) are more than welcome to drop bikes/gear in the parking spots there, and gear in my girlfriends car. Just LMK.
rmorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #45
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawi Ninja 250R, 2013 Honda CRF450R, 2008 Honda CRF250R, 2001 Honda XR400

Quote:
Dover mall parking lot at noon it is! @rmorse if you need directions let me know. Say JCpenny's? I'll be the one on the ninja with a few other riders... LOL
Oooo, missed this exchange. Ok, mall parking lot. Sounds good.

Old August 16th, 2012, 07:40 AM   #46
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmorse View Post
Ok cool. I'll shoot for hitting Dover a bit earlier than 12, since I got my bad back. So, I'll aim for like 10:30-11am, and walk around a bit with the girlfriend. Then when you guys get here, someone can text me and I'll meet up whereever.

My parents have a beach house on 126th street, ocean side. A block from the beach. You (and others) are more than welcome to drop bikes/gear in the parking spots there, and gear in my girlfriends car. Just LMK.
that rocks. that will also work. i should buy a beach house, they seem to be pretty useful

Old August 16th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #47
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
that rocks. that will also work. i should buy a beach house, they seem to be pretty useful
Same here! lol

@Miles_Prower Where would you like to meet up to go down to newark? I'll be around york, maybe when you swing by from harrisburg we can meet somewhere depending on your route.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #48
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
Same here! lol

@Miles_Prower Where would you like to meet up to go down to newark? I'll be around york, maybe when you swing by from harrisburg we can meet somewhere depending on your route.
Ahh I was actually planning on going home (my parents place) Friday after work to see a few of my hometown friends and my parents. Was going to leave from Chadds Ford on Saturday morning. You are most welcome to come to my place Saturday morning/Friday night and ride with me to Newark. I won't lie though, it's shorter to go straight from york to newark than york to my place to newark. Either way, you are welcome to join, it's up to you!

Old August 16th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #49
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Ahh I was actually planning on going home (my parents place) Friday after work to see a few of my hometown friends and my parents. Was going to leave from Chadds Ford on Saturday morning. You are most welcome to come to my place Saturday morning/Friday night and ride with me to Newark. I won't lie though, it's shorter to go straight from york to newark than york to my place to newark. Either way, you are welcome to join, it's up to you!
Dude, we ride bikes. Who cares about shortest distance! I'm adding a bunch of time heading north to meet you guys, but I'll be on a bike so it's worth it.

Old August 16th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #50
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
Dude, we ride bikes. Who cares about shortest distance! I'm adding a bunch of time heading north to meet you guys, but I'll be on a bike so it's worth it.
lol very true, more riding, the better!

Old August 16th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #51
Stingray1000

Guys I'm Super F'n siked about this! Make sure your bikes have plenty of oil before you make the trip! @nycsteve are you going all the way down to OC and are you bringing your friend? Just wondering. I know @jpbear is only going to Dover, @Miles_Prower is going all the way to OC, and we're picking up @rmorse and @02337 in Dover. So as far as I can tell @jpbear is the only one not going to OC? Can everyone text me there ninjette name so I have everyones number @rmorse @Miles_Prower and @jpbear I got yours @nycsteve and @02337 I need yours. Is that all that's coming? @jpbear if you would have someone to ride back up with would you consider going all the way to OC? Maybe you can coordinate with one of the other guys to do so? Just a thought. @MysticNight did you want to meet up with us somewhere and ride into OC with us since it's not too far from you? Few others that are close to us I wanna mention to make sure they see this thread is @JakeM we can meet you on the way if you're down @koenigcitizen Maybe we can meet up and ride a bit once we're down there @TheTopher and @greatwhiteninja You're both more then welcome to come if you're not busy!

Edit: Meg is gonna be following us but riding ahead of us during tolls. I've pretty much got it down where she is gonna pay all our tolls for us so we dont have to go taking off gloves and digging. That may change I'm not sure yet, so just make sure you bring 1's for the tolls and the strippers... J/K! well about the strippers anyways LOL

Old August 16th, 2012, 01:38 PM   #52
rmorse
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Guys I'm Super F'n siked about this! Make sure your bikes have plenty of oil before you make the trip! @nycsteve are you going all the way down to OC and are you bringing your friend? Just wondering. I know @jpbear is only going to Dover, @Miles_Prower is going all the way to OC, and we're picking up @rmorse and @02337 in Dover. So as far as I can tell @jpbear is the only one not going to OC? Can everyone text me there ninjette name so I have everyones number @rmorse @Miles_Prower and @jpbear I got yours @nycsteve and @02337 I need yours. Is that all that's coming? @jpbear if you would have someone to ride back up with would you consider going all the way to OC? Maybe you can coordinate with one of the other guys to do so? Just a thought. @MysticNight did you want to meet up with us somewhere and ride into OC with us since it's not too far from you? Few others that are close to us I wanna mention to make sure they see this thread is @JakeM we can meet you on the way if you're down @koenigcitizen Maybe we can meet up and ride a bit once we're down there @TheTopher and @greatwhiteninja You're both more then welcome to come if you're not busy!

Edit: Meg is gonna be following us but riding ahead of us during tolls. I've pretty much got it down where she is gonna pay all our tolls for us so we dont have to go taking off gloves and digging. That may change I'm not sure yet, so just make sure you bring 1's for the tolls and the strippers... J/K! well about the strippers anyways LOL

Yea, Brit's following me and paying my tolls too. But I think the only toll I hit is the bay bridge....

Old August 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #53
Stingray1000

Quote:
Yea, Brit's following me and paying my tolls too. But I think the only toll I hit is the bay bridge....
there will be tolls I believe on route 1 so bring a little extra just in case. I'm glad you guys finally get to meet Megan!

Old August 16th, 2012, 02:22 PM   #54
nycsteve
Biker

Not sure if I'm going to make it now. But will update you guys tomorrow. Do those tolls have EZ-Pass? LMK

Old August 16th, 2012, 02:48 PM   #55
Stingray1000

Quote:
Not sure if I'm going to make it now. But will update you guys tomorrow. Do those tolls have EZ-Pass? LMK
Most deffinately

Old August 16th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #56
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

yeah i mounted my ez pass on top of the cluster behind the windshield.
ez pass ftw!

Old August 16th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #57
jpbear
ninjette.org member

Name: JP

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Quote:
@jpbear if you would have someone to ride back up with would you consider going all the way to OC? Maybe you can coordinate with one of the other guys to do so? Just a thought.
Thats a thought I am open to. But I would think most guys would want to stay over having gone all the way to OC.. and my wife is gonna kill me if I go disappearing on a Saturday night.. .

Quote:
i mounted my ez pass on top of the cluster behind the windshield.
My Ezpass (Delaware) is linked to my car tag. I want to bring it for the ride - Can I put it in my jacket packet and will it work through the lane?

Also do you think its better to go through the booths or through the speed lane?
jpbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #58
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbear View Post
Thats a thought I am open to. But I would think most guys would want to stay over having gone all the way to OC.. and my wife is gonna kill me if I go disappearing on a Saturday night.. .

My Ezpass (Delaware) is linked to my car tag. I want to bring it for the ride - Can I put it in my jacket packet and will it work through the lane?

Also do you think its better to go through the booths or through the speed lane?
JP, I won't be staying there overnight..I plan on riding down, staying a couple hours down there, grab some food or something, then leave around 5 or so and make my way back home before it gets dark.

As far as EZpass goes, you can register it for your bike too i think. Im honestly not sure itll work from your jacket pocket..I haven't tried since my suit doesnt have pockets lol. If you still have the velcro that comes with it (i didnt ever mount to my car because i dont want sticky stuff on my windshield) you can mount to your bike too. I have had no issues riding straight through the speed lanes with it mounted outside.

Old August 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM   #59
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbear View Post

Bring her? Lol park the kids at moms and make a day of it!

Old August 17th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #60
nycsteve
Biker

ok, I should be able to make this. @Miles_Prower I'll be riding with you since I plan on coming back as well. I can meet you on saturday morning at Chadds, just give me a time. This sounds like lots of fun!

I put my EZ-Pass on my outside clear/map pocket of my tank bag, so no problems mounting it anywhere.

Old August 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #61
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
ok, I should be able to make this. @Miles_Prower I'll be riding with you since I plan on coming back as well. I can meet you on saturday morning at Chadds, just give me a time. This sounds like lots of fun!

I put my EZ-Pass on my outside clear/map pocket of my tank bag, so no problems mounting it anywhere.
awesome, for sure, this will be a blast!
since we have to meet at newark at 10:45, let's budget say 45 minutes to get there (usually lots of traffic). I'd say get to my place at 8:30 or 9 if you want to stretch out, relax a little bit, get situated. I'll PM you my address.

Old August 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM   #62
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
awesome, for sure, this will be a blast!
since we have to meet at newark at 10:45, let's budget say 45 minutes to get there (usually lots of traffic). I'd say get to my place at 8:30 or 9 if you want to stretch out, relax a little bit, get situated. I'll PM you my address.
Sounds good

Adding another destination/state to my list of bike visits will be nice. So far, I've been to:
  • DC (nation mall, etc.)
  • Newport, RI - Breaker Mansion, etc
  • PA - Lancaster - Amish food, although I've been to York, Reading, Philadelphia
  • I live in NYC - go to Bear Mountain sometimes
  • CT - Visit family but take twisties there
  • NJ - Track!
  • MD - AFI at silver springs on my way to National Mall

Old August 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM   #63
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:
Sounds good

Adding another destination/state to my list of bike visits will be nice. So far, I've been to:
  • DC (nation mall, etc.)
  • Newport, RI - Breaker Mansion, etc
  • PA - Lancaster - Amish food, although I've been to York, Reading, Philadelphia
  • I live in NYC - go to Bear Mountain sometimes
  • CT - Visit family but take twisties there
  • NJ - Track!
  • MD - AFI at silver springs on my way to National Mall
that rocks..how'd you like Newport? I was there once to see the mansions, including Breaker, and then I was there for a month for the Navy. I think I wouldn't mind living there lol.

I want to make a Tail of the Dragon trip sometime..it's about 10 hours from my place in Harrisburg though lol.

Old August 17th, 2012, 08:59 AM   #64
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
that rocks..how'd you like Newport? I was there once to see the mansions, including Breaker, and then I was there for a month for the Navy. I think I wouldn't mind living there lol.

I want to make a Tail of the Dragon trip sometime..it's about 10 hours from my place in Harrisburg though lol.
Newport was awesome! Nice women and food!

I was trying to plan a trip there but nothing came of it. Maybe we can do one together? Group ride!? I have a friend who did that trip from here in NYC and he did a quick write up of it.

Must read - Link Here

This "season" (I plan on riding the bike throughout the winter) is too close to it's end to try this, but maybe we can do this sometime next season? Would be a heck of a way to start the season!

Old August 17th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #65
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Quote:

I was trying to plan a trip there but nothing came of it. Maybe we can do one together? Group ride!? I have a friend who did that trip from here in NYC and he did a quick write up of it.

Must read - Link Here

This "season" (I plan on riding the bike throughout the winter) is too close to it's end to try this, but maybe we can do this sometime next season? Would be a heck of a way to start the season!
I'm up for that. It is such a beast of a road..and thats only by looking at google maps haha

Old August 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #66
Stingray1000

@nycsteve Glad you're coming bro! Thanks alot guys for taking our schedule into consideration. I want to have fun with the ride but I also need to be on-time getting to OC! Remember Brit and Meg will be following us in their cars so we don't want to pull too far ahead of them!

Old August 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #67
MysticNight
ninjette.org member

Name: Amy

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250

Wish I could join, it sounds like a lot of fun I would love to meet some members but next week/weekend is Ocean City Jeep Week so Saturday I think I will be in Berlin with the jeep.
MysticNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #68
Stingray1000

Quote:

Must read - Link Here

Are you coming alone or with your friend?

Old August 17th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #69
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Are you coming alone or with your friend?
With a different/new friend - @Miles_Prower

Old August 17th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #70
Stingray1000

Quote:
With a different/new friend - @Miles_Prower
LOL do you have too???? Fine... I guess we'll just have to deal LOL

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #71
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
LOL do you have too???? Fine... I guess we'll just have to deal LOL
Nah, my other friend won't make it.

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:01 PM   #72
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

Quote:
...<snip>... @koenigcitizen Maybe we can meet up and ride a bit once we're down there
...</snip>
I would love to meet all of you guys, and ride with you. How long are you going to be in OC for?

I will be getting off work on August 25th around 4:30ish, and I can hang out with you guys all evening. I can take you down some local back roads, and after it gets dark, we can all have some beers!

How do I get in touch with you? I can PM you my cell phone #.

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #73
Stingray1000

Quote:
Nah, my other friend won't make it.
I was talking about do you have to bring Miles? LOLOLOLOL I'm just kidding Miles! lol

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:13 PM   #74
koenigcitizen

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

I was just browsing through the thread, and there was a question as to where you guys could leave your gear and stuff.

Anyone is welcome to keep their gear at my condo. I am on 120th St in Ocean City, and I have an inclosed patio that locks. I can also keep valuables inside for you guys, if anyone needs to. I have tons of room for helmets, gear, luggage bags. If anyone wants to change and make sure their helmet is secure while having a beer in the evening.

Just letting you all know.

Last futzed with by koenigcitizen; August 17th, 2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
koenigcitizen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #75
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenigcitizen View Post
I would love to meet all of you guys, and ride with you. How long are you going to be in OC for?

I will be getting off work on August 25th around 4:30ish, and I can hang out with you guys all evening. I can take you down some local back roads, and after it gets dark, we can all have some beers!

How do I get in touch with you? I can PM you my cell phone #.
That night once we get down there I'll be pretty busy with the Family-in-laws but @rmorse is staying down there for a bit (Dunno how long) and I'll be leaving OC on the first of Sept. So I will have plenty of time to set somehting up during the week. If Meg wants to take a ride Sat night we can, But if she is too tired I'll have to stay home to start our vacation off right ya know? lol We'll figure somehting out!

Edit: you should take the day off and come up to Dover to meet us and ride back down with us! LOL

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #76
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
I was talking about do you have to bring Miles? LOLOLOLOL I'm just kidding Miles! lol
HAHAHAHA GREAT! Let the fun begin!

Quote:
I was just browsing through the thread, and there was a question as to where you guys could leave your gear and stuff.

Anyone is welcome to keep their gear at my condo. I am on 120th St in Ocean City, and I have an inclosed patio that locks. I can also keep valuables inside for you guys, if anyone needs to. I have tons of room for helmets, gear, luggage bags. If anyone wants to change and make sure their helmet is secure while having a beer in the evening.

Just letting you all know.

As a local,
Great! I guess we'll sort things out as we get closer to the 25th.

Great Question: Can anyone crash if we have toooooooo many beers? (No pun intended) Just Saying lol

Edit: I guess anyone can "Crash" lol...

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:27 PM   #77
koenigcitizen

Quote:
That night once we get down there I'll be pretty busy with the Family-in-laws but @rmorse is staying down there for a bit (Dunno how long) and I'll be leaving OC on the first of Sept. So I will have plenty of time to set somehting up during the week. If Meg wants to take a ride Sat night we can, But if she is too tired I'll have to stay home to start our vacation off right ya know? lol We'll figure somehting out!

Edit: you should take the day off and come up to Dover to meet us and ride back down with us! LOL
Ohh, I wish I could take a day off... I manage a hotel in Ocean City, and Saturday is one of my busiest days. I will look into it tomorrow, but its unlikely.

I rode down to Dover a couple of times to join a couple of group rides. I really like that ride there.

Jon, I will PM you my cell phone. Hit me up when you are here in the area.

You live in Newark? Thats pretty close. We should ride together once in a while.

Quote:

Great Question: Can anyone crash if we have toooooooo many beers? (No pun intended) Just Saying lol

Edit: I guess anyone can "Crash" lol...
Usually, my wife and I never have a problem with it if you are cool, but we are supposed to have a house guest, so the only spare bedroom will be taken.

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:44 PM   #78
Stingray1000

Quote:
Ohh, I wish I could take a day off... I manage a hotel in Ocean City, and Saturday is one of my busiest days. I will look into it tomorrow, but its unlikely.

I rode down to Dover a couple of times to join a couple of group rides. I really like that ride there.

Jon, I will PM you my cell phone. Hit me up when you are here in the area.

You live in Newark? Thats pretty close. We should ride together once in a while.

Usually, my wife and I never have a problem with it if you are cool, but we are supposed to have a house guest, so the only spare bedroom will be taken.
Don't worry about it, Was just an idea to get more riders so we can block some cagers LOL I'll text you when I'm down

Old August 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #79
Stingray1000

We're staying at 139th st

Old August 17th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #80
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox