ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old April 10th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #1
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

Ninjette.org North East Rally 6/19-21

Hey guys. So I think the general consensus is that we should def. have a ninjette.org rally and that the easiest way to accomplish this is to split us all up into regions since we're all kinda spread out. I thought it'd make things easier and things would run smoother if we ended up making different threads for each region...so I went along and made one for us North Easterner's. Now I think that no one should be limited to which ride they wanna do...I mean hey if some of the SoCal or Mid Westerner's wanna come up here thats great. Ok so lets post up some idea's on times and places to hold this little ride.

In my opinion I think some time in june would be great...possibly late june because its warm but not extremely hot yet. Also a weekend is an obvious time to do this as people usually have less obligations. So lets get some idea's flowing...and lets get a good turn out
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #2
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

As I said in the other thread, a really great area is the Poconos region of North East PA. There's tons of great roads, lakes, campgrounds, hotels, etc. It's a major vacationing area for alot of the more well to do people from the cities and such. There's a number of tourist attractions spread out over the area giving even more reason to ride and maybe get lost here and there.

Also it's a rather biker friendly area with places having a bike night some time during the week. If you look it's also rather central to most of the North East making it easy for alot to make it. I'm half and half on the idea of the 4th of July. It's a great weekend for sure but it's also busy, crammed, and can be dangerous with the cagers. Still worth putting on the list of dates to do it. Another option might also be Labor day near the end of summer when a number of schools will be back in session so it might not be quite as busy.

Unfortunately I won't be joining the North East one cause I'm moving to Orlando at the end of the month.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 10th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #3
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

I mean if you really wanna come I'm taking the auto train from orlando up to dc then riding to jersey so you can come along for the ride haha. I think the Pocono's are a great idea...my girlfriend goes to college up there and just driving the roads in my cage is a great time. I'd like to get a bunch of ideas and eventually take a vote on time and place

Old April 10th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #4
lavid2002
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): None yet

Taking my BRC May 1,2,3rd im getting a bike sometime in mid-late may. Money is already saved and I have a helmet all I need is a bike and the rest of my gear :P
Ill join ya!

Old April 10th, 2009, 09:37 PM   #5
sombo

Well I'm counting on money still being a bit tight for the year since I'm basically starting over in life by moving there. But hey, if you live in the Orlando area we'll have to meet up sometime and go riding after I get down there.

Old April 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM   #6
sometimesido
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 250R

I just looked up what auto train was.
I wish they stopped at other places...or across america...

Old April 11th, 2009, 04:07 AM   #7
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Lavid...alright sweet we got one in! Any ideas on where you think we should possibly hold this or dates?

Sombo:Unfortunately I live 3 hours south of Orlando...but I mean if you tell me there's good riding up there...whats 3 hours?

Sometimesido:I know what you mean...the auto train is a great thing...its a little on the pricey side but if you wanna cover long distances in a relatively good amount of time and don't wanna put your miles on your vehicle this is a greatttt thing.

Come on you North Easterners...springs finally here...well atleast in jersey it was yesterday I mean it got to 60!! woohoo! I know you got that itch for a nice ride so chime in!

Old April 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #8
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Come on guys I know there's plenty of people from new york jersey penn new england and the rest of the north east on this forum!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #9
jonb08
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

I'm all for it. We need to let others know and get this thread going and set a date.
jonb08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #10
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Western New York here.
Im In.

Old April 13th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #11
dyeclan
Scooter Trash No0b

Name: Frank

Motorcycle(s): 08 EX250R 'Gears of War' Theme Bike, ZG DB screen, cowl, progrips.

Well, I'm in NE Ohio, I think if I'm going to a ride, it'll be over your way. Count me as lurking til the date get's more firm.
dyeclan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #12
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Alright so now that we got a couple "I'm in"'s lets start throwing out some dates and location opinions. As was stated in one of the other regional threads I believe July 4th would be too much of a hassle because of other obligations...I for one probably will not be in a safe state to be riding .
I think one weekend in June would probably be ideal for temperature purposes. Any weekend in June for me would be wonderful. Personally I could do a 3 day weekend from Friday to Sunday as I do not have classes or work those days but I know people who have real jobs may not be able to do this so I'd be down for a two day trip. As for location, all of my riding has been in florida so I don't really know any good riding roads...just roads I've been on with my cage...so if you say its good I'm all in .

Any other opinions on dates and locations? I feel like the sooner we at least get a date the sooner we can start arranging things and people will def. be able to tell if they are in or not. We're gunna make this great guys!(and girls)

Old April 13th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #13
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Northern Maryland Here... I would be interested depending on the dates.

I know for a fact that I cannot do 6/25 - 7/7 because I will be in California. Any other time I am avaliable.

As for where? I am good with going anywhere. PA, VA, etc...

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:54 AM   #14
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Ok just throwing this date out to get the ball rolling...how about june 19th-21st?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #15
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

This for going up north?

Old April 13th, 2009, 11:10 AM   #16
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

I'm just throwing those dates out to possibly hold the north-east leg of the ninjette rally. I'm not trying to control this things guys...quite the contrary I'm horrible at planning things haha. I just wanna get the ball rolling and get have people give their inputs
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 13th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #17
Buffalony

I can do a three day if needed. Any dates are fine.
I've never been to baltimore.

Old April 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #18
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Joe - you are certainly not missing much! I avoid Baltimore if I can... the sad thing is I work in Baltimore... There is not any good riding around baltimore either. If anything I would say going more towards DC/Patomic is where the good roads are in Maryland (disclosing Western Maryland which is boardering West Virginia/PA.

I think PA is a good spot for the North Eastern meet up. (we can also hold it other places next year if that doesn't work out) That way people from really up north can come down and people from the lower still won't have to far to go.

I am good with those dates. I would suggest doing the bulk of activities on Saturday. I can't take to many days off of work and so rather would head up friday. Enjoy Saturday, and head back down Sunday afternoon.

Also are we opening this up to S/O's too that ride other things? If so I might be able to convense Phil to come with me and we can trailer the bikes up.

Are we camping or booking hotel rooms? (this needs to be decided so if we need to get hotel rooms we can do so. Also settling on one where we are all in the same 'area' might be a good idea) I do like the cook out campfire idea but I realize that not everyone is comfortable with the gear on the back of their bikes (but thats what trucks and trailers are for! Though I have none of the gear)

Old April 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #19
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Joe - you are certainly not missing much! I avoid Baltimore if I can... the sad thing is I work in Baltimore... There is not any good riding around baltimore either. If anything I would say going more towards DC/Patomic is where the good roads are in Maryland (disclosing Western Maryland which is boardering West Virginia/PA.

I think PA is a good spot for the North Eastern meet up. (we can also hold it other places next year if that doesn't work out) That way people from really up north can come down and people from the lower still won't have to far to go.

I am good with those dates. I would suggest doing the bulk of activities on Saturday. I can't take to many days off of work and so rather would head up friday. Enjoy Saturday, and head back down Sunday afternoon.

Also are we opening this up to S/O's too that ride other things? If so I might be able to convense Phil to come with me and we can trailer the bikes up.

Are we camping or booking hotel rooms? (this needs to be decided so if we need to get hotel rooms we can do so. Also settling on one where we are all in the same 'area' might be a good idea) I do like the cook out campfire idea but I realize that not everyone is comfortable with the gear on the back of their bikes (but thats what trucks and trailers are for! Though I have none of the gear)

PA does have a lot of fricking mountains
I've never been to the capitol.
I'm ok with camping or getting a room.

Old April 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #20
sombo

If you want to do PA then look in the Wilkes-barre/Scranton area for hotels. With all the ski mountains in the area (there's something like 6 or more in about a 50 mile radius) there's plenty of hotels in the area. There's also plenty of campgrounds nearby because of the woodlands and lakes.

Here are a few sites I found showing some good motorcycle routes in PA (focusing on the Northeast/Pocono areas).

Map highlighting certain roads for motorcycling.

Suggested routes in PA for motorcycling from motorcyclists.

Motorcycling events across PA throughout the summer.

Old April 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #21
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

This is what I like to hear! Im down for any of those roads in PA. I'm down too for camping the only thing is getting the gear there? And i think if phil came that would be fine...maybe 1 guest per ninjette just to keep it mostly us and our bikes . Does anyone have any objection to those dates?

Old April 13th, 2009, 07:13 PM   #22
jonb08
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Damn... I hate the thought of anything on the back of my bike other than an attractive female... Guess I'd have to if I want to change clothes and stuff like that. Since I do not have the option of a trailer, I'd be making the haul from Long Island and would appreciate putting my baggage in a hotel room. This way I can focus on riding some nice PA roads without the added weight.
jonb08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 13th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #23
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Ok I think we have agreed on PA correct? The pocono's area? I think we should start searching for prices on camp grounds and rooms... get a general feeling on the price of each and then decide. This will go a lot faster and smoother if we had some idea how many people. I understand some people wont be a "definite" until closer to the date but just to get a feeling? So does June 19th-21st sound good for most people interested?

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:04 PM   #24
sombo

Hotels in the Scranton area.

Hotels in the Wilkes-Barre area.

You'll see some of the hotels listed in both areas since the two cities are less then 20 miles apart. There's a few other towns I could look up if you want more options. I also found a list of some nice campgrounds for the area. One of them, the Promised Land, even seems to invite bikers: "Biking: Riders share the road on the 6.5-mile paved road around Promised Land Lake. Bikes are permitted on designated hiking trails." A few of the others have group tent camping with sites for up to 30 people and can even use 3 to get up to 90. Don't know on prices though, might have to call the places for that.

Campgrounds in Northeast PA.

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #25
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb08 View Post
Damn... I hate the thought of anything on the back of my bike other than an attractive female... Guess I'd have to if I want to change clothes and stuff like that. Since I do not have the option of a trailer, I'd be making the haul from Long Island and would appreciate putting my baggage in a hotel room. This way I can focus on riding some nice PA roads without the added weight.
I believe what the plan would be is everyone ride up on friday...drop all the stuff off and kinda relax and really get to know one another and just hang out. Saturday would be teh big riding day and we really wouldn't have to carry much around with us. Then sunday would be a ride back to everyones home at some point. Either way I feel like we would carry the same amount of baggage on the ride day if it was a hotel or a campground...biggest difference would be the ride up and back...with the campground requiring more baggage on those trips.

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:14 PM   #26
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
Hotels in the Scranton area.

Hotels in the Wilkes-Barre area.

You'll see some of the hotels listed in both areas since the two cities are less then 20 miles apart. There's a few other towns I could look up if you want more options.
I actually just recently stayed in the Wilkes-Barre area 2 weeks ago. Pretty big town that comes out of the middle of no where. Thanks for all the help...I really wish there was some way that you could come because all of this work you are putting into this to make this easier. I plan on giving everyone a special surprise to all those who attend this rally and the other ones...I'll save one and send it to you for helping us out so much. I'll take a look at those area's and I encourage everyone else too also...this is a group thing guys!! I'm so pumped

Old April 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #27
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
I actually just recently stayed in the Wilkes-Barre area 2 weeks ago. Pretty big town that comes out of the middle of no where. Thanks for all the help...I really wish there was some way that you could come because all of this work you are putting into this to make this easier. I plan on giving everyone a special surprise to all those who attend this rally and the other ones...I'll save one and send it to you for helping us out so much. I'll take a look at those area's and I encourage everyone else too also...this is a group thing guys!! I'm so pumped

Thanks, I edited it to include campgrounds. Might want to look at those as well.

Old April 14th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #28
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

PA's close enough for Though I'd think, camping will be harder to organize. Sleeping bags are easy to carry but I, for one, don't have access to a nice compact tent.

I don't know the area, but with the ski hills, there have to be some cottage-esque chalets to rent out and what not no? Going rate might be a couple hundred but once you cram enough people into it...
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2009, 07:18 AM   #29
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Ok so it sounds like we got a couple people interested so I'm gunna start looking at accommodations over the next couple days(any help would be much appreciated). I haven't heard any objections to June19-21 so I'm gunna assume this is agreed upon and that also the Pocno's area of PA is the location. If you are def in shoot me a PM and I'll post a list of who's in so far. In that PM if you could also state how much money your willing to throw in for accommodations that would be very helpful to so I can see what we have to deal with.

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #30
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
"Biking: Riders share the road on the 6.5-mile paved road around Promised Land Lake. Bikes are permitted on designated hiking trails."
I believe they are speaking of Bicycles not Motorcycles.

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:34 AM   #31
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Psht my ninjette was custom built to off road . So tyke...will you be joining us?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #32
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Someone has to keep you all in line

I'll have to see if I can get that Friday off. I am already taking some additional time off the following week (for two weeks) for my trip out to CA. Shouldn't really be a problem though. I still have plenty of Vacation time

Old April 14th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #33
tinng321
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tin

Motorcycle(s): 08 black 250r (sold); '09 black zx6r

let see if i can get a bike before the event.
i can't promise anything, but i would love to join.
going to 2 bikes this weekend. hopefully, i will be coming home with 1.
tinng321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2009, 10:16 AM   #34
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

If not that's alright too! There is always room for a tail runner...

I am really hoping I can convince Phil to come so we can trailer the bikes. I really like having the idea/access to a truck/trailer incase a bike breaks down (or worse :: wince :: hope not of course)

Old April 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM   #35
Buffalony

K. I'll start driving around google maps for places to ride....

I'm in for what ever dates.

How many deffs do we have?
should we start pming this thread link to everybody in the region?
It would be easier to put together accomidations if we had a close estimate of the number of heads.
Im hoping for a huge turn out.
Like Quarter mile of Quarter liters
look at the kawi rainbow. lets roll

Old April 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #36
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Good point Sunny...it would be terrible if anyone had bike problems. Find out about taking off...I know we would all love for you to be there.

Joe, already started sending out some PM's to members who I saw were in the area and haven't posted yet on the thread. I think I set like 3 out so if you wanna help out.... I think everyone who is in should just post a single post saying that they are in just so we know how many people we got going so we can really start getting things moving...with accommodations and what not. Any suggestions for places to ride in the Pocono's area is greatly appreciated. We already have some posted...but the more we have to choose from the better.

Old April 14th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #37
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

I'm def. in

Old April 14th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #38
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Just realized something guys...that weekend that was picked...19-21...that dsunday is fathers day. Won't be an issue for me but if it is for others we can change it to maybe first weekend in june?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 14th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #39
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Haha I sent a PM to Kim (I can never spell her screen name but she has the headlights as her avitar and they blink....) and Sam who are down in Virginia area...

The first weekend may be a bit better then if it is Fathers day... (not that it matters much to me cause I would see my dad that next week anyway )

Old April 14th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #40
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

So bad news guys(and gals). The fathers day weekend is the only weekend that I'll be able to join you guys on this rally this summer due to prior engagments :/...I only have my bike in jersey for 7 weeks and that's the only weekend I can get away for. Now I'm bummed
Posted via Mobile Device