ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old April 14th, 2009, 01:25 PM   #41
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I am still good with that weekend... Or perhaps in July? Mid ish?

Old April 14th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #42
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r (Fastest Color)

I'm still down for doing it the original weekend of the 19th-21st as long as no one has any objections but I understand if people do. As for July...I actually ride back to florida after July 4th so I wont be available for any ride other than the weekend of the 19th or the weekend of the 26th. So if its gunna be any other time...I'll cheer you guys on from the sidelines!
M-Oorb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM   #43
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja 250R

Add me to the list! I'm 99% in and I'm fine with the 19-21 weekend. Just can't say 100% because the 8 hour commute might present difficulties closer to the date. I'm on a really tight unemployed/student loan budget, though, so hoping for $20-30 a night...
Nemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2009, 10:18 PM   #44
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemy View Post
Add me to the list! I'm 99% in and I'm fine with the 19-21 weekend. Just can't say 100% because the 8 hour commute might present difficulties closer to the date. I'm on a really tight unemployed/student loan budget, though, so hoping for $20-30 a night...
So does this mean we'll do it that weekend?
Posted via Mobile Device

Old April 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM   #45
jonb08
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
I believe what the plan would be is everyone ride up on friday...drop all the stuff off and kinda relax and really get to know one another and just hang out. Saturday would be teh big riding day and we really wouldn't have to carry much around with us. Then sunday would be a ride back to everyones home at some point. Either way I feel like we would carry the same amount of baggage on the ride day if it was a hotel or a campground...biggest difference would be the ride up and back...with the campground requiring more baggage on those trips.
I'm not going to leave all my stuff at a campground though. Call me paranoid but I've learned some lessons being just outside of NYC. I could see myself leaving a change of clothes and other baggage at the hotel for the Saturday ride and just have the tankbag as usual. The stock suspension is way to soft on the pre-gen to have any kind of baggage on a ride through twisties. From the looks of some of these nice PA roads, I'm going to need all the suspension travel I can get from these crappy shocks.

I think your Fri, Sat, Sun plan is right on point.
jonb08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 15th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #46
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Tim you'll prob be passing by my way here in buff. maybe we can meet up for the ride through PA?
Can't wait to use my GPS too

Maybe we can meet frank (Dyeclan) along the way somewhere too. I'd like to see his gears bike up close

NE paaartay

Old April 15th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #47
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonb08 View Post
I'm not going to leave all my stuff at a campground though. Call me paranoid but I've learned some lessons being just outside of NYC. I could see myself leaving a change of clothes and other baggage at the hotel for the Saturday ride and just have the tankbag as usual. The stock suspension is way to soft on the pre-gen to have any kind of baggage on a ride through twisties. From the looks of some of these nice PA roads, I'm going to need all the suspension travel I can get from these crappy shocks.

I think your Fri, Sat, Sun plan is right on point.
I think the general take all around is to do Hotel rooms. Though I still trying to ask Phil if he wants to go so we can trailer the bikes (his dad has an HD trailer that would fit both of our bikes and give us a truck and trailer incase we need it). If he doesn't want/cant go then I'll just ride up.

Old April 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #48
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Ok so it seems no one has a problem with the 19-21 weekend as dates to hold this. I see that the general consensus is getting a hotel which is fine we just needa figure out who's coming and start getting some mullah together to make a reservation. This is who I understand as def. in right now

Me
Lavid2002
Jonb08
buffalony
bluetyke
Nemy

If you are on this list and are not def. if you can make it yet just lemme know. Also if you are not here but wanna be let me know as well too.

Old April 15th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #49
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalony View Post
Tim you'll prob be passing by my way here in buff. maybe we can meet up for the ride through PA?
Can't wait to use my GPS too

Maybe we can meet frank (Dyeclan) along the way somewhere too. I'd like to see his gears bike up close

NE paaartay
sounds like a plan to me!

And someone must know the area to find a 2-3 bedroom chalet/summer vacation home no? Those things can be as low as $100-200 a night and I've crammed like 10 people in em...

Old April 16th, 2009, 03:08 AM   #50
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

Quote:
sounds like a plan to me!

And someone must know the area to find a 2-3 bedroom chalet/summer vacation home no? Those things can be as low as $100-200 a night and I've crammed like 10 people in em...
Oh there are some, but like 90% of them are in little gated vacation villages that you have buy into in order to get. That or the few that aren't in those little villages are already booked by this time of year by the wealthy from NYC which is less then 3hrs away.
sombo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM   #51
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sombo View Post
That or the few that aren't in those little villages are already booked by this time of year by the wealthy from NYC which is less then 3hrs away.
ah that explains it

Old April 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM   #52
jonb08
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250

Sorry guys. Can't do 19-21. Realized that I have father's day and my little brothers birthday that weekend. I'll check back occasionally to see if the date changes.
jonb08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM   #53
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Talked to Phil, rather mentioned it. He said he is interested because there is a shop he wants to take his bike to up that way...

Old April 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM   #54
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Talked to Phil, rather mentioned it. He said he is interested because there is a shop he wants to take his bike to up that way...

Which one would that be?

Old April 18th, 2009, 07:11 PM   #55
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Oorb View Post
Ok so it seems no one has a problem with the 19-21 weekend as dates to hold this. I see that the general consensus is getting a hotel which is fine we just needa figure out who's coming and start getting some mullah together to make a reservation. This is who I understand as def. in right now

Me
Lavid2002
Jonb08
buffalony
bluetyke
Nemy

If you are on this list and are not def. if you can make it yet just lemme know. Also if you are not here but wanna be let me know as well too.

just spotted this thread... i live in the poconos and yes there are plenty of roads to get lost on but during the holidays there is alot and i mean alot of traffic so be prepared for that. you can add me to the list. also i dont check the forums as often as i would like so you can reach me via email. and there are alot of hotels and camp grounds around the area.
c_anglada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2009, 04:56 AM   #56
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_anglada View Post
just spotted this thread... i live in the poconos and yes there are plenty of roads to get lost on but during the holidays there is alot and i mean alot of traffic so be prepared for that. you can add me to the list. also i dont check the forums as often as i would like so you can reach me via email. and there are alot of hotels and camp grounds around the area.
Awe sweet we got a tour guide
It would be awesome to have somebody from the area.coo

Old April 19th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #57
Buffalony

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it, I think I'm bout 2 lose control, cause I'm gonna ride it. yeah woo....lol sorry

Here....for those not familiar with group riding.
http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Group_Ride.pdf
Hope this helps some riders in the group.
I know I need to study alittle. I don't group ride much. ya know
If your behind me you'll know if I studied....which probably means most of u I ride Green I Kid, I kid...I'm big on safety.

Old April 19th, 2009, 01:52 PM   #58
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

Here's another great info site for group riding:

http://www.sunsethog.com/groupRiding.html

Old April 19th, 2009, 07:20 PM   #59
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Alright so now we got a couple people going...lets get a ride picked out!! Once we pick out where we wanna ride(general area...work out details later) We can get crackin on our sleeping accommodations

Old April 19th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #60
nmd003
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250R

I might be able to go, but it'll depend on if we end up going to Chincoteague in June or not. My grandparents from Germany are supposed to be coming over and we'd be going to the beach together, but I'm not sure if that's definite anymore or not, if not, I could possibly be able to get the weekend off of work. I'll keep you guys posted.
nmd003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 19th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #61
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

for the next part we'll definitely need a local to point out some good/famous roads... don't wanna end up getting lost, or even worse, getting stuck on dirt roads lol

here's a link
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/regions/pa_pocono.html

Old April 20th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #62
djindia23
Ride or Die Ninja

Name: Kichu

Motorcycle(s): Blue Ninja 250R (the fastest color)

yeah i wont be able to make it this weekend either... gonna be in cali for a wedding... and the weekend after me and my friends might be riding out to VA beach... still hoping to meet up and ride with some of the 250s in jersey!!!
djindia23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #63
Buffalony

Good link tim. I just drove the red twisty road on the upper right using google maps and its mostly highway. deff. no dragon of the east Some of those long side roads look pretty intense there in PA but i cant judge condition. I agree it would be nice to have someone semi familiar with the roads. But I'm sure wingin it will suffice. Can always ask around too, where ever we may roam. Kichu keep an eye on the thread though, just incase plans change.

Old April 20th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #64
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

this is what i was thinkking not in any order.... 115 along rt 33south to 512south to 946 west to 248 west to 209 east to 115 north to long pond road to 940 east to 611 north to 423 south to 940 west to locust ridge road to river road to clifton beach road to 435 north to 307 north to 502 west to glenmaura national blvd to cinemark on montage mt. take a break up there and in between of course then head back to the poconos. there is also 715, 314, 447, 191. check the roads out on google maps.

Old April 20th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #65
sombo

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_anglada View Post
this is what i was thinkking not in any order.... 115 along rt 33south to 512south to 946 west to 248 west to 209 east to 115 north to long pond road to 940 east to 611 north to 423 south to 940 west to locust ridge road to river road to clifton beach road to 435 north to 307 north to 502 west to glenmaura national blvd to cinemark on montage mt. take a break up there and in between of course then head back to the poconos. there is also 715, 314, 447, 191. check the roads out on google maps.
Maybe you and I can scout some of them on Friday in the afternoon before I pack the bike in the Uhaul for my move this weekend.

Old April 21st, 2009, 07:53 AM   #66
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

I think Mike is itching to get out Hehe either way good luck with the move!

Old April 21st, 2009, 07:29 PM   #67
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Maybe you and I can scout some of them on Friday in the afternoon before I pack the bike in the Uhaul for my move this weekend.
i would love to but i wont be home from work until 7pm - 8pm depending on traffic. so if your ok with that we can roll. i do know last summer one 0f the main runs i would do is 423 to 940 to locust ridge to 502 to montage and then back to tobyhanna on 380 and would take a good 1.5hr to 2hr with a break at the mountain. plenty of twisties on the roads. i know they are doing bridge work around 380 so before the group ride comes up i will take my car around to check road conditions and what not.

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:22 PM   #68
sombo

Darn, that's gonna be too late for me. I have to get the bike in a Uhaul trailer and head to my parent's before it gets too late on Friday. Then early morning Saturday start the long drive to Orlando.

I did get out for some riding today though. I drove out Aberdeen road to 590, out to rt 6, to 507 (takes you around Lake Wallenpaupack), to 435, back to the house.

Route taken.

Last futzed with by sombo; April 22nd, 2009 at 10:54 AM.

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:23 PM   #69
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Chris, whatever you think is good...im down for

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM   #70
sombo

Forgot to add the two pics I took of the lake I went to. It's called Lake Wallenpaupack in the Pocono Mountains of PA.

This was a good shot, someone had a small house boat on the water.

Not happy how this one turned out.

Old April 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM   #71
M-Oorb
ninjette.org sage

Lets go lets go lets go!!

Old April 22nd, 2009, 06:38 AM   #72
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

I know someone who just rode the Poconos last weekend. I am seeing if she can send me her routes/suggestions.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 10:27 AM   #73
SeeJoy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joie

Motorcycle(s): 03 EX250

Just saw this!
I live in Bethlehem, PA and would love to do this ride and meet you all
Heck, the Poconos is just up the road a bit.
Unfortunately..the second race in an outdoor speed skating series I'm doing is on the 20th so I can't make it ((((((((
Bummer....
SeeJoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM   #74
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

If you surive I am sure some of the more local people are probably going to hang around on the 21st... I know I am probably going to be in no hurry

As for your living area.. I was just up there two weekends ago! I scuba dive and Phil wanted to go to Dutch Springs. It was interesting... I got sunburned (the water was to cold so I stayed on the shore)

Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:27 PM   #75
SeeJoy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Joie

Motorcycle(s): 03 EX250

Two weeks ago? That water must have been absolutely frigid!
Hope to meet you on that Sunday then
My BF rides an HD, hope he can come too..
SeeJoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM   #76
BlueRaven

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

Wish i could go. I just checked with google map and its a 13 hours drive from New Brunswick Canada to PA. Unless I could put my bike on top of the tent trailer. I would probably have to modify the top with chocks or something. I would have to check.
BlueRaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 22nd, 2009, 05:48 PM   #77
Nemy
ninjette.org sage

that just makes for a better roadtrip! lol and you can meet buffalony and I in NY

Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM   #78
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeJoy View Post
Oooh it was. So they tell me I didn't go in... I have the brains.

I think we are allowing one guest..(though I don't think that is set in stone) Phil my bf rides a Busa and has been invited (of course he is my ride up there if I can swing it... if not I am riding that way by myself. )

Old April 23rd, 2009, 08:32 AM   #79
Buffalony

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTyke View Post
Oooh it was. So they tell me I didn't go in... I have the brains.

I think we are allowing one guest..(though I don't think that is set in stone) Phil my bf rides a Busa and has been invited (of course he is my ride up there if I can swing it... if not I am riding that way by myself. )
We don't descriminate more bike the better. I might hang around alittle on the 21st too. Depends on the weather

BTW I'd never been to a speed skating comp!!! hint hint
Hey...is it in the area??? Is it at night? You might have more fans in the crowd than expected that match.lol

Old April 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM   #80
c_anglada
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Darn, that's gonna be too late for me. I have to get the bike in a Uhaul trailer and head to my parent's before it gets too late on Friday. Then early morning Saturday start the long drive to Orlando.

I did get out for some riding today though. I drove out Aberdeen road to 590, out to rt 6, to 507 (takes you around Lake Wallenpaupack), to 435, back to the house.

Route taken.
that sucks...oh well...i didnt even think of 507. that looks like a fun road. might have to go out this weekend and check it out. how would you rate this route? im thinking we go 423 to 940 to locustridge road to river road up to 435 the head up 507 to 390 back down to 447 to 191 to 715 to 314 to 611 to loop road where the is a nice overlook thats great for pics. i will have to play with goole maps more when i get a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeJoy View Post
i commute to work all the way to allentown pa maybe 10 mins south west of dorney park. we could ride one day after work around that area if you want. i say the more the better. i had planned on inviting the people i ride with.