ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old June 14th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1
metabolism

Talking Eco-friendly way to remove your OEM stickers

I've gotten quite a few PMs about a really important farkle...

Removing your OEM stickers from your lovely 250R.

I know alot of people use a heatgun or a blowdryer to heat up the adhesive compound beneath the sticker for an easy removal but quite honestly I'm pretty lazy to sit there holding a blowdryer to my bike for X amount of time.

Since it is the time of summer and hopefully most of you live in a hot environment like me! (Sacramento Valley in NorCal). You can use this to your advantage especially if you have a garage.

1) Leave your bike in your garage or outside in the sun while you're out for the day at work/school/lollygagging with your pals

2) If you're lucky when you come back at lovely 5/6 PM, your garage has acted like a mini oven and your bike is pretty warm to the touch (like mine was) or if you left it out in direct sunlight for a couple hours or so the sun has done the job for you without you wasting energy on that blow dryer or heat gun.

3) Begin to slowly pull the stickers off your bike (obviously the KAWASAKI sticker on your gas tank is under a layer of clear coat, so this one stays put). The slower you pull the stickers off, the less chance any gooey residue is left over. I was lucky enough to pull all my stickers save for one without ANY goo left on my bike. I made the impulsive mistake to pull one of the stickers too fast (thinking I was a cool cat not having to use electricity) and the sticker left some of the adhesive on my bike.

4) IF, there is any goo left use GOO GONE on those bits (hopefully you mastered it immediately and this can be skipped)

5) I used lightly soapy water and wiped over the areas I just removed the stickers because I don't like the idea of GOO GONE still on my bike

6) voila! sticker free bike!

I came home from work the other day and said to myself "Damn, it's too hot to remove those stickers right now...................HEY...alright!" and proceeded to pull the stickers off my bike while still dressed in a tie and slacks and was done in about 5 minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stickers.jpg (80.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg ninja250r.jpg (75.5 KB, 32 views)

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:44 AM   #2
broilmebk
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): '12 ninja 250r

Nice.
Has anyone removed the stickers on the red 2012? I'm wondering how that would look like
broilmebk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #3
PKL
ninjette.org member

Name: Phil

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R

I have the same color bike as you, I removed my stickers the day I took the bike home from the dealer (just a couple days ago!), just went on a nice 60 minute ride and when I came back they pulled off like a piece of cake, took 5 mins total.

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #4
PKL
ninjette.org member

You going to add any "home made" graphics or leave it black??

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #5
metabolism

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
You going to add any "home made" graphics or leave it black??
I like the clean look so far but haven't thought of any custom graphics yet. How about you?

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:53 AM   #6
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

It always makes me sad when I see people taking the stickers off the black 2012's. I LOVE the whole look and scheme with them on.

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #7
PKL
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metabolism View Post
I like the clean look so far but haven't thought of any custom graphics yet. How about you?
there are tons of sticker shops here in LA that make custom vinyl graphics...

so I was maybe thinking of having one made in yellow of Boba Fett's Mandalorian symbol... I am a huge Star Wars buff... and I have a tattoo of the mandalorian symbol

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #8
PKL
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicious Logic View Post
It always makes me sad when I see people taking the stickers off the black 2012's. I LOVE the whole look and scheme with them on.
If the graphics were JUST yellow I probably would have kept them but I didn't really like the graphite color mixed with it.

Also I kind of want to just have my entire plastics repainted yellow

Old June 15th, 2012, 10:01 AM   #9
metabolism

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
there are tons of sticker shops here in LA that make custom vinyl graphics...

so I was maybe thinking of having one made in yellow of Boba Fett's Mandalorian symbol... I am a huge Star Wars buff... and I have a tattoo of the mandalorian symbol

I as well! My friends recommended that I get the Galactic Empre logo on my helmet since I have a white helmet hahah