Old October 7th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #241
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
If that is what you saw you are headed for serious trouble with the law
What did you see that I missed? Starting at the point where the SUV ran over the biker.

Old October 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #242
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
What did you see that I missed? Starting at the point where the SUV ran over the biker.

a criminal gang. How do you not see it?

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #243
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
NYC: Numerous angry motorcycles wearing full face helmets and body armor intimidate and damage the car of someone who stopped following an accident. They then chase after man fleeing from a dangerous situation with his wife two year old daughter in the car..

Numerous extremely angry and otherwise menances to society use helmets as deadly weapons and continue to use force to extract frightened driver from SUV.and continue to drag him onto the ground, kicking and cutting him until TRUE good samaritans intervene and stop the bloodshed
Exactly what damage is there? Slapping the car to get it to stop is not damaging it. If more than one person did it, its probably because they didn't know someone else already had. Its a good safety technique. I've done it myself to get a driver's attention when they try to back over me in a parking lot. If the SUV driver wasn't smart enough to realize he was in a steel cage and not in danger then that is no excuse. If he cared so much about his wife and daughter then he shouldn't have hit the first biker in the first place. Prior to the end of the video, I could see no damage to the SUV. The first biker sure looked like he was looking backwards toward the camera and not at the SUV. If he was trying to mess with the SUV, then doesn't it make sense that he would look at him in the mirror with both hands on the bars?

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #244
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

A news from tomorrow (Akima's land):

"Man who shot video of the altercation between an SUV driver and a ruthless motorcycle gang last weekend in New York is now receiving DEATH THREATS for cooperating with police
  • Kevin Bresloff, of Bellport, NY, has been publicly identified as the man who shot the video
  • His cooperation with investigators has prompted death threats
  • He initially blamed the video cutting out right before bikers began assaulting Alexian Lien on dead batteries, but then admitted purposely shutting the camera off
The man behind the video of the vicious six-on-one motorcycle gang attack against a technology executive last weekend in New York is receiving death threats.

Kevin Bresloff, of Bellport, NY, has been cooperating with investigators seeking the bikers seen in the video beating Alexian Lien after he ran over a member of the riding group while trying to avoid confrontation. His cooperation has earned threats on his life, he says.

The video was taken from a camera mounted on Mr Bresloff’s helmet and clearly shows how the altercation began, Mr Lien fleeing, the chase, and the SUV’s last stop."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2h5GQfh64

An important message from the American Motorcyclist Association:

"The American Motorcyclist Association is troubled by the contents of a video that was taken of the incident – both for the serious injuries caused by the SUV driver and for the actions of some motorcyclists who apparently decided to take the law into their own hands. Because a criminal investigation is underway, we believe it is wise to refrain from commenting further on the specific incident until all the facts are known. We will continue to monitor the developments of the investigation.

As you know, the AMA has long advocated responsible riding. AMA members strive to represent motorcycling in a positive light. AMA clubs do the same, supporting rider education and raising funds for charitable causes in their communities. Each year, hundreds of well-organized, AMA-sanctioned recreational events occur where law-abiding motorcyclists gather to enjoy camaraderie and spend their tourist dollars in host cities and surrounding communities.

One unfortunate event of this kind, reported frequently by national and local media, can create a false image of all motorcyclists by the general public."

http://capwiz.com/amacycle/issues/al...58231&queueid=[capwiz:queue_id]

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #245
n4mwd

Quote:

a criminal gang. How do you not see it?
I don't dispute that the bikers in this video were idiots on wheels. Nor do I dispute that many of them should have been locked up for unrelated charges. But I do dispute for lack of evidence that they were the cause of any of the accidents. The SUV was in a hurry, and the bikers were in his way.

Judging by how fast the SUV got away, I would say that he had some pretty significant horsepower under the hood too. He definitely gave the sport bikers a run for it. That's not proof of anything, but driving a tank with a high performance engine shows his personality.

Regarding that picture, I think its a good one except it should say "Do you see a difference?" - not "comparison". The comparison is that one group is cruiser riders and the other is sport bike riders. In fact, it would be a lot better if both sides were pictures of sport bike riders.

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #246
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Name: Fox

Motorcycle(s): 08 250R

Quote:
Exactly what damage is there? Slapping the car to get it to stop is not damaging it. If more than one person did it, its probably because they didn't know someone else already had. Its a good safety technique. I've done it myself to get a driver's attention when they try to back over me in a parking lot.
hitting someone's car is a sure way to engage road rage. You have a horn, use it. The guy stopped his car, what other "attention" do you need?

Quote:
If the SUV driver wasn't smart enough to realize he was in a steel cage and not in danger then that is no excuse. If he cared so much about his wife and daughter then he shouldn't have hit the first biker in the first place.
1- I think the ending of the video proves that cage or not, the guy's life was in clear danger. Along with the life of his TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER
2- accidents happen, criminal retaliation doesn't need to follow.

Quote:
Prior to the end of the video, I could see no damage to the SUV.
can't argue there, you can't see it happening, or not happening, all you have to go by is the RR driver's claim that his tires were slashed and that they started damaging his car. Given the ending of the video, and the long list of prior convictions of the motorcyclists, I think I know what side I believe.

Quote:
The first biker sure looked like he was looking backwards toward the camera and not at the SUV. If he was trying to mess with the SUV, then doesn't it make sense that he would look at him in the mirror with both hands on the bars?
There was clear aggression by the motorcyclist. You don't stare someone down while simultaneously cutting them off. I'd also consider riding one handed while looking backwards and slowing down at a fast rate on an otherwise open road, driving recklessly.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #247
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:

Regarding that picture, I think its a good one except it should say "Do you see a difference?" - not "comparison". The comparison is that one group is cruiser riders and the other is sport bike riders. In fact, it would be a lot better if both sides were pictures of sport bike riders.
You are lost and I have no hope for you
I am sorry

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #248
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
You are lost and I have no hope for you
I am sorry

wish i could have given you a "like" or "useful" rating... you made me chuckle.

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #249
Chubbs032
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 250r

n4mwd is a couple cans short of a 6-pack

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #250
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

The whole operation was marked by the number 2:

Two flat tires
Two broken windows
Two injured men
Two good Samaritans

............and two middle fingers used by Reginald (Reggie) Chance to flip off reporters in Manhattan Criminal Court.

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #251
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
1- I think the ending of the video proves that cage or not, the guy's life was in clear danger. Along with the life of his TWO YEAR OLD DAUGHTER
2- accidents happen, criminal retaliation doesn't need to follow.
The end only shows good samaritans trying to keep a criminal, whom they believed had just murdered someone, from escaping. He already proved that he would run if he got the chance - that is why they had to get him out of the car. They did not injure him seriously as he only got a few stitches and was sent home to celebrate turning a biker into a paraplegic.

Quote:
There was clear aggression by the motorcyclist. You don't stare someone down while simultaneously cutting them off. I'd also consider riding one handed while looking backwards and slowing down at a fast rate on an otherwise open road, driving recklessly.
I would not dispute that the first biker was driving carelessly, however, he has stated categorically that he never intended to cause the SUV to slow down or to entrap him. Do you really think that even the dumbest of squids would slam on his brakes knowing full well there is a huge SUV just inches behind? Even still, if the SUV had no malice towards the bikers, he would have slowed down - rather than plowing into one. To put this in perspective, would he have slowed down if a large dump truck had carelessly pulled in front of him?

I mean, people are pulling in front of me all the time, but I don't intentionally plow into them to try to make a point. If I can avoid hitting them, I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs032 View Post
n4mwd is a couple cans short of a 6-pack
chubbs032 -> troll ignore list

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #252
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Another one charged:

"Motorcyclist charged in beating of SUV driver

New York (CNN) -- A 29-year-old motorcyclist has been charged with gang assault and other charges in connection with the beating of an SUV driver in a high-profile case caught on video last week, a law enforcement source told CNN on Monday.

Craig Wright "hit (driver Alexian) Lien numerous times with his fists, feet, and helmet after forcibly removing Lien from his SUV," the source added.

He is the latest person to be charged in the case that involved a group of motorcyclists on Manhattan's West Side Highway and Lien, who was driving a Range Rover along with his wife and small child.

Wright, who was arrested at his home in Brooklyn, also was charged with assault and unlawful imprisonment and was to be arraigned Monday night.

He is also seen on a video punching through the window of the SUV, the source said. The video was taken with an iPad by someone who was at the scene of the attack. The source didn't say whether the person who shot the video was a biker or a bystander.

The source said Wright's license tag was visible in the video -- which hasn't been released to the media -- and his uncle identified him for authorities.

In March, Wright pleaded guilty to driving with a suspended license, a spokesman for the Brooklyn district attorney's office said. It is unclear whether he was driving with a suspended license at the time of the SUV incident.

He was also convicted in Virginia in 2005 for reckless driving."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/07/us/bik...html?hpt=hp_t3

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #253
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggrotech View Post
as much as it sounds like bs, it could be true. he also mentioned a full time job (8 to 10hours), family, child ect..not too many people out there that have 4 hours to focus on video haha.
If he truly believes his buddies are innocent wouldn't he just hand the footage over and let the cops look through it? I am sure there are some things on video he doesn't want seen. That is what I would do instead of going through the video myself.

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #254
jackliu239
ninjette.org member

Name: Jack

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

I think the key here is what happened after the SUV stopped, if the bikers only approached his vehicle while not doing anything to it or not gesture anything violently to the SUV (such as pointing a gun, or pull out knife/machete walking towards it), then it's the SUV driver's fault to running over the bikers.

However after the SUV has been stopped and if the group or any of the bikers indeed started to damage the car, or show strong disposition of imminent danger to the SUV, then the SUV driver have the full right to escape the situation by running over what's in front of him.

Unfortunately there is so many conflicting facts about this event, some news article says the biker started to damage the SUV right away, some news article just said the SUV only slowed down then run over the bikers, some news article said no one even touched the SUV.

And I think no matter what happened afterward, the beating, the windows smashing are somewhat justified because the biker indeed have the right to felt angry about what happened to one of them, you can argue that the best case of action for the bikers is to record down the SUV's plate and call 9-11 to report a hit and run, but in the heat of the moment, emotions were probably running high and combined with the rap sheet of the riders criminal past probably didn't help, people like those riders most likely grow up in poor families or had very hard childhood, that means when they are facing trouble, cool-headness and calling the police is not probably what's come to their mind first, these guys are conditioned to act more violently than people who don't have such background growing up.

In the end, I feel like even if the SUV driver is guilty of running them over without the bikers damaging his car, I think due to the public outrage, the bikers will still be found at fault for this incident. But without any fact right now, I personally think they indeed started to damage the SUV in the initial encounter, and I have no evidence whatsoever about this.

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #255
GreenNinja
ninjette.org guru

Name: I'm a ninja!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:

I would not dispute that the first biker was driving carelessly, however, he has stated categorically that he never intended to cause the SUV to slow down or to entrap him. Do you really think that even the dumbest of squids would slam on his brakes knowing full well there is a huge SUV just inches behind? Even still, if the SUV had no malice towards the bikers, he would have slowed down - rather than plowing into one. To put this in perspective, would he have slowed down if a large dump truck had carelessly pulled in front of him?

I mean, people are pulling in front of me all the time, but I don't intentionally plow into them to try to make a point. If I can avoid hitting them, I do.

chubbs032 -> troll ignore list
When was the last time you cut off a car and then looked to your left with one hand off the handle bars knowing you are very close to the vehicle behind that you just cut off? They aren't riding 250s!!! It literally takes a couple of seconds to pass up a car. If it wasn't his intention to slow down the car then what do you think his intentions were?

Old October 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #256
Rheno911
ninjette.org member

Name: Rheno

Motorcycle(s): 2010 red ninja 250R

If the SUV driver intentionally wanted to plow into the bikers, there'll be 2 paralyzed bikers not one including the first biker that supposedly got bump (Cruz)..

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #257
az3200
ninjette.org member

Name: AZ

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Exactly what damage is there? Slapping the car to get it to stop is not damaging it. If more than one person did it, its probably because they didn't know someone else already had. Its a good safety technique. I've done it myself to get a driver's attention when they try to back over me in a parking lot. If the SUV driver wasn't smart enough to realize he was in a steel cage and not in danger then that is no excuse. If he cared so much about his wife and daughter then he shouldn't have hit the first biker in the first place. Prior to the end of the video, I could see no damage to the SUV. The first biker sure looked like he was looking backwards toward the camera and not at the SUV. If he was trying to mess with the SUV, then doesn't it make sense that he would look at him in the mirror with both hands on the bars?
at the beginning of the video when they first get him to stop, the slash his tire. You can't see this, but in the video you can see the tire come off the rim. Look at post # 201

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #258
az3200
ninjette.org member

Quote:

Do you really think that even the dumbest of squids would slam on his brakes knowing full well there is a huge SUV just inches behind? Even still, if the SUV had no malice towards the bikers, he would have slowed down - rather than plowing into one. To put this in perspective, would he have slowed down if a large dump truck had carelessly pulled in front of him?

after reading all your posts, I need to know: Did we watch the same video?! Because the rider clearly did what you say nobody would ever do?

Old October 8th, 2013, 03:54 AM   #259
dfox
ninjette.org sage

@n4mwd

There's always room for a devils advocate in any discussion, but I think you're taking it a little too far to try to make a point.

Old October 8th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #260
n4mwd

The squid that carelessly and unknowingly pulled in front of the suv clearly did not intend to cut off the suv. But once he did (by not looking where he was going) the suv accelerated towards him and struck him.

In the video, the camera bike is going faster than the suv which creates the optical illusion that the squid was slowing down when in fact it was the suv speeding up. In FL, its against the law to tailgate someone. Apparently not so in NY.

Regarding the "I was surrounded by bikers and I was scared for my life" argument. First off, you can't say that when you are surrounded by someone different that it is grounds for "feared for my life". You are white, and you walk into the store and see that everyone there is black. That fact alone does not give you the right to use "feared for my life" as an excuse to start killing people. When I ride on the road, I am nearly always surrounded by by cagers with no other motorcycles in sight. Again, that does not give me the right to start killing people. A motorcyclist has far more to fear from a cager than the other way around.

After this sh!t has hit the fan, I have noticed a lot more cars are being aggressive towards me than usual.

In this case, the SUV driver had no basis to be afraid. He knew what kind of vehicle he was driving. The windows were made of safety glass and he knew that it wouldn't be easy for someone to break in. Normally side windows are made of tempered glass and not safety glass. Even after the bikers actually did try to break in, it took them a lot of effort to do so. There was no sign of broken glass before the final stop. As such, there was no grounds for him to be afraid for his life because the SUV had not been penetrated.

If the bikers did actually slash his tire (he could have simply ran over something), then it was probably because he gave them some reason to believe that he was going to run. If they had a knife to slash the tires, why didn't they use it on the driver when they finally got him out at the end. Why use a helmet when you have a much more effective weapon?

The bottom line is that the SUV driver attempted to murder a biker and ended up doing far worse. The reason was not because he was afraid, it was because he hated bikers. He should arrested and spend the rest of his life behind bars.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 8th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #261
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

In D's world, bikers can do no wrong. If a motorcyclist rode up to a group of nuns, stepped off the bike, and used them for target practice with an elephant gun, all captured on high resolution video, he would have a detailed description about how the nuns were at least 75% at fault.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old October 8th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #262
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
In D's world, bikers can do no wrong. If a motorcyclist rode up to a group of nuns, stepped off the bike, and used them for target practice with an elephant gun, all captured on high resolution video, he would have a detailed description about how the nuns were at least 75% at fault.
nuns are bad that way.

I realize that not all bikers are angels, but that is no excuse for trying to kill them.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old October 8th, 2013, 07:03 AM   #263
az3200
ninjette.org member

Quote:
The squid that carelessly and unknowingly pulled in front of the suv clearly did not intend to cut off the suv. But once he did (by not looking where he was going) the suv accelerated towards him and struck him.

In the video, the camera bike is going faster than the suv which creates the optical illusion that the squid was slowing down when in fact it was the suv speeding up. In FL, its against the law to tailgate someone. Apparently not so in NY.

Regarding the "I was surrounded by bikers and I was scared for my life" argument. First off, you can't say that when you are surrounded by someone different that it is grounds for "feared for my life". You are white, and you walk into the store and see that everyone there is black. That fact alone does not give you the right to use "feared for my life" as an excuse to start killing people. When I ride on the road, I am nearly always surrounded by by cagers with no other motorcycles in sight. Again, that does not give me the right to start killing people. A motorcyclist has far more to fear from a cager than the other way around.

After this sh!t has hit the fan, I have noticed a lot more cars are being aggressive towards me than usual.

In this case, the SUV driver had no basis to be afraid. He knew what kind of vehicle he was driving. The windows were made of safety glass and he knew that it wouldn't be easy for someone to break in. Normally side windows are made of tempered glass and not safety glass. Even after the bikers actually did try to break in, it took them a lot of effort to do so. There was no sign of broken glass before the final stop. As such, there was no grounds for him to be afraid for his life because the SUV had not been penetrated.

If the bikers did actually slash his tire (he could have simply ran over something), then it was probably because he gave them some reason to believe that he was going to run. If they had a knife to slash the tires, why didn't they use it on the driver when they finally got him out at the end. Why use a helmet when you have a much more effective weapon?

The bottom line is that the SUV driver attempted to murder a biker and ended up doing far worse. The reason was not because he was afraid, it was because he hated bikers. He should arrested and spend the rest of his life behind bars.

Wow. You can clearly see the biker cut him off while starring him down the whole time. This has nothing to do with an illusion.

So far you're the only person that has brought up the issue of race.

If you want to bring up FLA and NY, Lien could have shot and killed them and still gotten away had this happened in FL. So these guys are lucky they live in a liberal state.

The SUV driver had no basis to be afraid? Even though 50 of them surround his car? Oh that's right, he is in a car with windows, that means he is safe. DID YOU WATCH THE END OF THE VIDEO?

The bikers DID slash his tires, and beating someone up is different than murdering someone. So you're saying, because they didn't murder him, there's no way they didn't have a knife? BTW I read multiple places Lien was cut and stabbed.

Jesus dude. Sounds like you'd fit in great with that bike group.

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:10 AM   #264
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
...The squid that carelessly and unknowingly pulled in front of the suv clearly did not intend to cut off the suv. But once he did (by not looking where he was going) the suv accelerated towards him and struck him.

...In this case, the SUV driver had no basis to be afraid. He knew what kind of vehicle he was driving. The windows were made of safety glass and he knew that it wouldn't be easy for someone to break in. Normally side windows are made of tempered glass and not safety glass. Even after the bikers actually did try to break in, it took them a lot of effort to do so. There was no sign of broken glass before the final stop. As such, there was no grounds for him to be afraid for his life because the SUV had not been penetrated.

n4mwd,
Are you studying to be a lawyer? You sure sound like a Gloria Allred protege. Add a few more words like vicious, murderous, rampaging, evil, satanic, nefarious, unpropitious co-conspirator to describe the actions of the baby and you'll surely get an "A" in the class. Definitely a preeminent DA (Devil's Advocate) in the making.

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #265
Trubin
Easy Rider

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 250R

I don't think people are on the same page as to what happen in the incident.
Do we agree that:
The range rover did not stop after he initially hit a biker, as the bikers were trying to stop him, the SUV hit the back wheel of one biker during the "Break check".

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #266
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
No grounds to be afraid because the SUV hadn't been penetrated...? Huh? Clearly (as shown in the video) those bikers were incapable of ripping open a door or breaking a window.

As for those two guys at the end who surrounded the driver to separate the him and his family from the bikers: watch the interview of those guys. They even state themselves that they were trying to break up a fight to stop a guy from being beat to death. They weren't holding a criminal hostage for the police to arrest, they were trying to save a man from being killed by a mob.

How do you know for certain that his side windows are safety glass and not tempered? Tempered is the norm for side windows, safety is the norm for windshields. Show me a link from RangeRover that says they use safety glass in all their windows. He was not acting arrogantly, knowing that he was safe in his SUV because he wasn't! It's a standard RR, not some fancy armored reinforced security device that you think it is.

Have you watched any of the other videos from this youtube account? They all show a blatant disregard for the law, a history of instigating trouble with traffic, a history of damaging other cars while in traffic, a tendency to mob around cars for no purpose other than to intimidate. In one video, the owner of a local business has to forcibly block his parking lot and not allow them in because they're out in the road stunting and being hooligans and he doesn't want any part of of that. They then proceed to beat the mirror off a Prius (which is just sitting at a red light) and terrorize the driver. Clearly these guys have a history of doing dumb stuff like this and acting as a mob. They are NOT innocent and this guy definitely had reason to fear for his life when they all came at his truck with intent to beat him. 30:1 is not a fair fight and you know it. They had an animal caged in a corner and it reacted out of desperation so it didn't get killed. You'd do the same thing if you were backed into a corner and surrounded by a bunch of thugs who were ready to kill you.

Does that justify putting a biker in a wheelchair for the rest of his life? likely not. But that does show his intentions were self defense rather than cold blooded murder like you describe.

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #267
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubin View Post
"Break check".
Dude. B-R-A-K-E. not b-r-e-a-k.

Seriously, those have very different meanings.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brake

vs.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/break

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #268
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Link to original page on YouTube.

http://www.wftv.com/videos/news/new-...er-car/vCFCrB/

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #269
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

lol that video definitely made that guy look like a bigger piece of **** than in the original video.

i deliberately got in front of the car, stared him down multiple times and purposely slowed down while still directly in front of the driver, but no..i wasnt trying to slow him down.

dont these assholes usually share lanes? 2-3-4 bikers per lane? if he wanted his friends couldnt he just have picked the far left/right lane and slowed down a little until he had a better visual of his invisible friends? sure he could have. instead he got in front of a big vehicle and tried to find his friends that way. ha

*edit* does that dude even have any plates on his bike? I watched the part where they highlight the rear end of his bike and i dont see anything o.o

Last futzed with by Aggrotech; October 8th, 2013 at 09:40 AM.

Old October 8th, 2013, 08:00 AM   #270
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
I don't think people are on the same page as to what happen in the incident.
Do we agree that:
The range rover did not stop after he initially hit a biker, as the bikers were trying to stop him, the SUV hit the back wheel of one biker during the "Break check".
No

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #271
Trubin
Easy Rider

Then the the driver of range rover was obviously drinking before driving.

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #272
n4mwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
No grounds to be afraid because the SUV hadn't been penetrated...? Huh? Clearly (as shown in the video) those bikers were incapable of ripping open a door or breaking a window.

How do you know for certain that his side windows are safety glass and not tempered?
Because I looked at the picture of the SUV with broken side windows. Safety glass shatters in a spiderweb pattern. Tempered glass turns to oversized dust. On the passenger side, you see intact glass in a spiderweb pattern, on the driver's side, you see completely shattered glass dangling in one piece from the door. I don't know if that is standard for RR, but it was a fact for that vehicle. The guy was a CEO of some kind so its possible the glass was a custom reinforcement.

I did look at the interview with the first biker. This guy does not strike me as being overtly intelligent. People who are not that bright don't make very good liars. I didn't see any tells in his facial expressions that would lead me to believe that he was lying. What I did see was that he was frightened - possibly stage fright of being on TV. So regardless of what happened, he believes what he said.

I could not see any brake lights on the first bike. So there was no brake check. Again, its an optical illusion because the camera passed him just at the point of impact. If you pass another rider, the other rider will appear to slow down when viewed from the right. But what is indisputable was the fact that the biker was in front of the SUV for several seconds prior to the impact. The SUV could have slowed down, but didn't. In many states, not sure about NY, if you hit someone from behind for any reason, its your fault.

Another thing that is indisputable in the video is that when the SUV hit the first biker, he was in the middle lane. After he ran over the 2nd biker and passed the camera, he was in the far right lane. Thus, in the process of running over the biker, he changed lanes. The only way he could have done that is if he turned the wheel INTO the biker to run him over on purpose.

If he was really all that panicked and scared, why take the extra effort to turn the wheels when just going straight would have worked just fine.

There is probably no doubt that these squids have made a pest of themselves and trashed the name of bikers everywhere, but this incident needs to be taken by itself and not race to the conclusion that they did something to deserve being paralyzed.

As far as the bikers actions after the attack on the 2nd biker, they were certainly justified. If I was hit by a hit and runner and my fiends refused to chase after them, then they wouldn't really be my friends would they? I can say for a fact, that if I thought I just saw my friend murdered, I would not be so kind to the SUV driver as the kid in the video was.

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #273
Trubin
Easy Rider

He just doesn't wanna get in trouble.

Anyways,
Grow some balls and admit that giving Lien a beating was a right thing to do. How else is he ever gana learn. I just wish he didn't get knocked out so soon. Caz that's what really stopped the show, him being passed out on the pavement. Street justice all the way. Even undercover cops on the scene thought the beating was a good idea otherwise why didn't they stop the beating? You run over bikers you get beaten up for it. Simple. Be glad your family wasn't touched. Out for a Sunday drive with his wife celebrating anniversary? Probably drinking and you know Asians cant handle their liquor. He should be glad that bikers actually beat him up caz other wise he would have been facing charges anywhere from using excessive force to endangering his own child. Did he really thought he would run away from 50 bikers? Where is the sense in that? He should be on trial for stupidity.
^Now this is trolling.^

But seriously,
To many, the motorcycle is the only thing they own. Their whole world, life and family, and when you see a fellow rider go down in front of a charging SUV, you off-course get emotional just as Lien was when he was surrounded by bikers. Emotions took control of them and they acted without reason, without thinking. Both parties have done something wrong I cant understand why some agree that it is OK to run people over just because you feel you are in danger. And if there is a protest and you're surrounded by people and a few come up to you in a belligerent way, you would run over a whole crowd? IMO Lien should be on trial just as the bikers for using excessive force and its up to our justice system to decide if he is guilty or not. Probably they would acquit of all charges but there should still be a case.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM   #274
dino74

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
In many states, not sure about NY, if you hit someone from behind for any reason, its your fault.
So if I cut in front of you and slam on the brakes, it's your fault?

Quote:
Another thing that is indisputable in the video is that when the SUV hit the first biker, he was in the middle lane. After he ran over the 2nd biker and passed the camera, he was in the far right lane. Thus, in the process of running over the biker, he changed lanes. The only way he could have done that is if he turned the wheel INTO the biker to run him over on purpose.
When I look at the video, appears he stopped in the middle of lanes 1 and 2
CVMA #55

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #275
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Unintelligent people can't lie convincingly. Now there's a generalization.

If you run over a person and motorcycle in a truck, it's not going to go directly in a straight line. Ever taken a truck on a trail? It doesn't track exactly where you were previously headed when you go over obstacles. That accounts for the lane change.

You'd rather have your friends chase the person down? Screw that, I'd rather my friends have me first aid and called the ambulance.

The brake check has been covered already. He rolled off the throttle. It's called engine braking.

Ago watch the interview of the two guys who separated the bikers from the guy who got beat. They were trying to stop a mod killing.

Safety glass does not mean he had no grounds for fear. As shown, that clearly didn't stop them. Hence, "penetrating the SUV" is not applicable as a judge on his right to act in self defense. They cornered him and approached him as a gang with a history of menacing drivers and he felt the safety of his family was in danger, so he acted out of desperation.

Neither party involved here is innocent; both made bad choices. But the bikers are 100% NOT as blameless as you're making it out to be. They acted as a gang. They insitigated, they escalated, and they attacked. That's all there is to it. In the eyes of the legal system, the driver acted in self defense while the motorcyclists acted in a violent manor.

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #276
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:

But seriously,
To many, the motorcycle is the only thing they own. Their whole world, life and family, and when you see a fellow rider go down in front of a charging SUV, you off-course get emotional just as Lien was when he was surrounded by bikers. Emotions took control of them and they acted without reason, without thinking. Both parties have done something wrong I cant understand why some agree that it is OK to run people over just because you feel you are in danger. And if there is a protest and you're surrounded by people and a few come up to you in a belligerent way, you would run over a whole crowd? IMO Lien should be on trial just as the bikers for using excessive force and its up to our justice system to decide if he is guilty or not. Probably they would acquit of all charges but there should still be a case.
LOL, really? So the concept of self defense eludes you? It's obvious you're from NY. Let me fill you in on something just incase you venture out in the country. If you attack me and/or my family there's a very good chance you're going to be shot to stop you from attacking.

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #277
dfox
ninjette.org sage

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #278
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Old October 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #279
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Ok, enough of the trolls. Sinister and masecremasses, have you ever posted something without ridiculing someone?

Mascremasses -> Troll ignore list
Sinister -> Troll ignore list
I found this helpful. Wait do I still have to see your stupid ass posts?

Troll? Me? sometimes. But this time? Na. You're just wrong.

I didnt even personally attack you. Just your logic....

Old October 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #280
lgk

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2012 EX250, 2014 EX300

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
I didnt even personally attack you. Just your logic....
lol, you attacked his opinion, but no logic was harmed.

simply because there was none...

Closed Thread