Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:28 PM   #41
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderOnTheStorm View Post
Were any of you guys out tonight (8/22) along the northwest side of the Emerald Necklace? I saw two different Ninjettes tonight while heading south (away from Lakewood) and about leapt off my bike. There was a green and blue one and it was beautiful!
hmmm, I'd love to say that was me, but it wasn't. I've been back at school since the 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codestp202 View Post
I was out in kent today we should get a ride going for next week!
I might be heading home the weekend of September 1st and 2nd because it's the only time that I'll be off before Thanksgiving. If you guys want to do something that weekend, I'd be more than down for a ride. That's like 2 weeks away. Lets start some plans and assume the weather is going to rock.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2012, 08:32 PM   #42
codestp202

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
hmmm, I'd love to say that was me, but it wasn't. I've been back at school since the 19th.

I might be heading home the weekend of September 1st and 2nd because it's the only time that I'll be off before Thanksgiving. If you guys want to do something that weekend, I'd be more than down for a ride. That's like 2 weeks away. Lets start some plans and assume the weather is going to rock.
Sounds good to me!

Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:01 AM   #43
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

This weekend I'm going to try heading into SE Ohio for better roads if anyone is interested.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:47 AM   #44
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Blue 08 250 - Blue Magic

I'll be out for the next couple of weekends Where are you heading?
RiderOnTheStorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 23rd, 2012, 03:49 AM   #45
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I like it. I don't know if I can make it but maybe I could still meet up - it be nice to finally meet the NE Ohio Ninjette community.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:37 AM   #46
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
This weekend I'm going to try heading into SE Ohio for better roads if anyone is interested.
meh, plenty of stuff in the valley. Not worth cramping up on my ninjette and buzzing down the freeway for 3 hours each direction in my mind. I would put it on a truck and go, but I'm at school, and that gets tricky with leaving vehicles/stuff places.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:50 PM   #47
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
meh, plenty of stuff in the valley. Not worth cramping up on my ninjette and buzzing down the freeway for 3 hours each direction in my mind. I would put it on a truck and go, but I'm at school, and that gets tricky with leaving vehicles/stuff places.
While the valley is nice that's where I go to ride almost every ride, and going south will be a nice change. But I'm probably not going much further south then Canton, so its maybe an hour unless you don't take the highway. I hear emerald necklace is a place to check out but I'm not sure on a good route, so if anyone has one post it up.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:59 PM   #48
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
There's some decent roads south near Canton, but that's still over an hour from Hudson if there's any traffic, just sayin.

As for the Emerald necklace, just head out Riverview to Brecksville and find Valley Parkway. That's it. The Western side of the necklace is easy to follow. The Eastern half is trickier because of the transition to Canal Road and tinkers creek from Riverview.

http://www.sundaymorningrides.com/road/4915055/

brecksville reservation is here.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:30 PM   #49
nautica
Gixxer Powered

I ride Meadows Drive all the time and never thought about turning on that road in the middle of it. Maybe I'll give that a shot saturday instead of going south. And I wonder why the map shows Valley parkway ending even though it looks like it's still fairly nice all the way to the lake.

Thanks

Edit: Anyone down for this saturday?

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM   #50
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Your other option is to take Riverview the whole way down to Akron and ride the Akron section of the valley.

The roads that are south near Canton will be curvier I think, but they aren't worth the hour of freeway each direction unless you're heading down to the Athens/Marietta area and getting into the Appalachian Mountains. Freeway sucks balls on the 250, especially when there's decent riding in the valley and Mid-Ohio nearby.

and yeah, if only Meadows drive was like that for 15 miles instead of 3... I love that road. Its a great challenge on a road bike, and a little fun on the ninja It's a nice run as well. If you head up Valley Parkway, it's a good ways up to Rocky River Resevation. Give it like 2 hours to just cruise from Brecksville to Rocky River and back.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:56 PM   #51
RiderOnTheStorm
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I ride Meadows Drive all the time and never thought about turning on that road in the middle of it. Maybe I'll give that a shot saturday instead of going south. And I wonder why the map shows Valley parkway ending even though it looks like it's still fairly nice all the way to the lake.

Thanks

Edit: Anyone down for this saturday?
If the girlfriend doesn't come to town I'm in!

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:59 PM   #52
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Valley Parkway kinda just ends past Rocky River Reservation. You can get all the way to the lake, but it will be on city streets.

Old August 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM   #53
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Guess I'll have to check it out. Anyone's welcome to join in, I don't have the ninja anymore but I don't fly around everywhere on the other bike and won't leave anyone behind. Oh, and this was the route I was originally going to take that I got off another forum.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...via=3,5,7&z=10

Old August 25th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #54
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Gave the emerald route a shot and while it was nice it was pretty boring, at least to me. Lots of stop signs and unless you're really cruising the turns weren't anything really. I did see a black pregen on my way back, not sure if it was someone on here or not.

Old August 25th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #55
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
well, yeah. It's a nice cruise. I never said it was US129...

did you at least enjoy the scenery and nice air and summer sun? That's usually what I go for when I'm riding. If you're looking for turns, head to Mid-Ohio.

Old August 25th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #56
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Yeah it was pretty peaceful until I got closer to town, and I didn't know what to expect that's all. There was a nice pull off overlooking a river where I relaxed for a bit as well so all in all it was a relaxing day minus all the stop signs ha.

Old August 25th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #57
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Yeah it's a great road to just relax on. Especially up near Rocky River, it gets kinda curvy and really peaceful with the river and trees and picnic areas. one of my favorite roads for 2-up rides

Old August 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #58
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Well I did part of the route I listed above today (https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=B...via=3,5,7&z=10) and it was definitely a nice cruise with quite a few curves thrown in the further south I went. I plan to do the route again next saturday weather pending, but this time hit 646 since I didn't go that far south. If anyone wants to tag along let me know, I'll likely try to be gassed up and on the road by 8:30am since it's a long ride but definitely worth it.

Old August 26th, 2012, 04:31 PM   #59
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
That's too much freeway time for me.

Old August 26th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #60
nautica
Gixxer Powered

The only time you're on the freeway is 77 north and you don't have to go that way home. I went through Ravenna to 14 south and went from there, pretty much all country roads outside of Ravenna with very little traffic. I can honestly say it's one of the best routes I've done with the bike and the scenery is pretty good, too.

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #61
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
eh. That's still an entire day crunched up like a pretzel

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:32 PM   #62
codestp202

Quote:
The only time you're on the freeway is 77 north and you don't have to go that way home. I went through Ravenna to 14 south and went from there, pretty much all country roads outside of Ravenna with very little traffic. I can honestly say it's one of the best routes I've done with the bike and the scenery is pretty good, too.
Ravenna right by Kent?

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:37 PM   #63
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
yes that ravenna

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #64
nautica
Gixxer Powered

I started really late today at 10am and was home by 2pm with several stops on the route, so if you leave by 8:30-9am you'd be home by 1-2pm depending on the route home and such. I don't mind riding several hours especially since I usually don't have plans before 6pm on a saturday anyway.

Old August 26th, 2012, 05:52 PM   #65
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
I'll think about it. I'll be heading home this weekend anyways, so I'll be out on the bike anyways. I just dunno about twisting up like a pretzel that long. Would you be willing to get into Hudson and just lead from there? I can suck it up if it means some new roads finally. I just need a good idea of how to get home. I'm terrible with directions. Ask Adam. haha

Old August 26th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #66
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Well you could meet me in Stow at a gas station and go from there. Getting home isn't a big deal, I can figure out an alternate route so we don't have to go up 77 and while riding the route I won't lose you, a guy I've rode with has done that to me and I know how irritating it is. And honestly since it's a new area you don't really feel like a pretzel while riding, I rode the 600 all day and the only time I got uncomfortable was the long stretch going home. And stopping once and awhile to relax helps as well.

Old August 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM   #67
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Alright, that sounds like a plan. Which station in stow do you want to meet up at? The 2 at Stow Road and Fishcreek are easy to get to for me.

There's also all those stores in that plaza up there. That would be pretty easy for Cody to get to as well. He just has to come up from Kent.

I'm game for 8:30 as long as the weather is good. Who all's in? Lets make some more center-line wear on our tires yo!

EDIT: you wont lose me up 77 as long as we keep a sane 75ish the whole way. It just sucks on my quads and knees. I won't be pegging it at 85-90 though. I've gotten one speeding ticket in my car. That's enough for me.

Old August 27th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #68
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Quote:
EDIT: you wont lose me up 77 as long as we keep a sane 75ish the whole way. It just sucks on my quads and knees. I won't be pegging it at 85-90 though. I've gotten one speeding ticket in my car. That's enough for me.
I don't usually fly down the roads, going fast in a straight line isn't very impressive ha. I try to keep a pace of about 5-7 above on a straight road but in the turns people can go whatever pace they want since you won't get lost.

And as for gas, there's a sunoco station on W Main St. right past the stow/kent border we could fill up at as well but any station will work for me really. Or we can all be filled up before we ride and meet somewhere.

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:51 AM   #69
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sounds like a plan.

Barring any unforseen issues with my bike, I'm in. I'll be a pretzel for the day.

paging @codestp202 you in with us dude? we'll be right up in your neighborhood yo

Old August 27th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #70
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Sunday is also a possibility if Saturday looks like rain since it's labor day weekend and most people are off Monday. I guess we'll keep an eye on the weather when it gets closer.

Old August 27th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #71
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Sunday works, but Monday won't. I'll be heading back to ONU on Monday.

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #72
nautica
Gixxer Powered

No I wasn't suggesting Monday I meant that since people have off Monday they may not mind a long Sunday cruise. And if anyone gets tired along the way and needs to head back we could find a quick route home but I think 646 is gonna be the best road even though it's the furthest. We could also find food in one of the small towns but I'm not sure, there really wasn't much down there from what I saw until you got near a bigger town.

But for now weather pending, should we go for Saturday 8:15 meet n greet/8:30 kickstands up and heading out, or 8:30/8:45?

Old August 27th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #73
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Ok that makes more sense

I vote 8:30 meet and greet, 8:45 riding.

@Felipe the Ant and @jarnar591 are you guys in? what about you, @RiderOnTheStorm? you gonna be in town?

Old August 27th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #74
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Alright, 8:30/8:45am will work. Meet at a gas station or have everyone fill up before meeting at a location in stow/kent?

Old August 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #75
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
let's meet up and fill up, that way we all have full tanks.

Which station? google.maps it for me. I have a basic knowledge of the stow kent area, but that knowledge ends with going to the shopping plaza and kent state and that's about it.

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #76
nautica
Gixxer Powered

What gas stations are you familiar with in the Stow/Kent area? There's a BP on E Main Street right past the campus we could meet at, or the Sheetz which is there as well.

Old August 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM   #77
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
just tag it on googlemaps like you did with the route. I can find that.

Old August 27th, 2012, 03:09 PM   #78
nautica
Gixxer Powered

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-...ed=0CGIQ_BIwAQ

Old August 27th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #79
codestp202

Quote:
I'm going home for my mom's bday on friday, I'm down to ride sunday, but I dont think I can make it saturday because I'll be all the way down in painesville

Old August 27th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #80
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
We could move it back an hour for ya

Sunday is a definite possibility though just from looking at the weather.