ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old December 9th, 2010, 10:10 AM   #1
supermanzdead
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Current: 2011 ZX6r Owned: 2010 EX250R "Special Edition"

Spring, Summer, Fall Gear...

...I am looking to put together a new set of gear for the spring, summer, and fall.

I have read a large number of threads about gear and different types of gear that people use but I am looking for user based opinions on what YOU think is best for these months.

I really want to get some decent gear at a competitive price that offers some protection however I also work in an office environment so I am not sure how people handle that...the plan is to ride to work everyday during those months.

Thanks for your input!!
supermanzdead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #2
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

In the morning I think you should be able to wear dress clothes under a mesh jacket and pants during the whole season. Given that it will still probably be in the 70s when you head to work, sweating shouldn't be an issue. You can then just take off the pants and jacket when you arrive, and change shoes**.

**Unless you have some nice high-topped leather boots that are acceptable for work, I would change rather than risk going down in dress shoes. Additionally, riding will put lots of scuffs and stuff on your boots, so you might not want to mess with that anyways. My riding boots are just black leather high-tops, so on some days I get lazy and skip changing out of them into my usual pair of dress shoes (which I started just leaving at work).

However, during the day it was way too hot in the summer to wear anything more than a tanktop under my jacket (I often wore nothing under it, heh). I would just change in the lounge area at work. I also had to change in the bathroom once or twice if the room was occupied.

But, it is totally doable!

Old December 9th, 2010, 03:18 PM   #3
supermanzdead
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): Current: 2011 ZX6r Owned: 2010 EX250R "Special Edition"

Where do you typically buy your gear?
supermanzdead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 9th, 2010, 07:12 PM   #4
JMcDonald
ninjette.org sage

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R

I bought most of it from Motorcycle Superstore, and I got two pairs of cargo pants from www.brosh.com. The jacket played a far larger role in keeping cool while still providing decent protection than did the pants (I couldn't afford higher-end mesh pants, so I just dealt with being slightly warm in the lower half).

I got this jacket in white: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

I have a slim figure, and had to my sewing machine with heavy-duty nylon upholstery thread to take about 6" out of the circumference of the torso, and about 2" from the arms to make sure the shoulder and elbow armor wouldn't move in a crash. Now it fits great, though.