Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old September 16th, 2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Alvaro Bautista signs twoyear Aprilia deal

Bautista racing his Aprilia 125GP bike at Valencia, 2006

ALVARO Bautista has signed a two-year deal to race with the Gresini Aprilia team from 2015.

The move comes after the recent announcement that Gresini would be joining Aprilia and its return to Factory MotoGP racing.

The Gresini Honda rider said: ‘I am very happy to have signed an agreement with Aprilia for the next two MotoGP World Championship seasons,

‘Working in close contact with a manufacturer is what I wanted for my future and Aprilia has offered me a great chance. I am also very motivated to embark on this new adventure because I am coming back to a brand that has brought me great satisfaction in the past and with which I have shared some great time.

‘Above all, the cooperation between Aprilia Racing and Gresini Racing will allow me to stay on a team that I've been racing with already for three years and which has become like a family to me.

‘I have worked directly for a manufacturer in the past and I really liked developing a new project together. Knowing that I'll be able to count on the support of so many engineers and technicians is exciting and I can't wait to get started working with them.”

Fausto Gresini, manager of the Gresini team, said: ‘I am happy to be able to continue working with Bautista. Alvaro has significant experience in MotoGP so his contribution will certainly be essential in developing the new projects with Aprilia in the best possible way.

‘I believe very much in him and his potential and I am confident that he will be able to bring us the results we are expecting.’

Bautista's future teammate is yet to be announced

Related Content

Bautista breaks collarbone - will race at Le Mans
Bautista to Suzuki MotoGP
Bautista speaks out on MotoGP move
Vermeulen out of Rizla Suzuki
Simoncelli hits out at Spanish rivals

Click here for full story...