ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old February 12th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Michael Dunlop and Hawk Racing rejoin forces for TT 2016

ELEVEN-TIME TT winner Michael Dunlop is to join forces with Hawk Racing once again to tackle the famous Isle of Man TT this year on-board the BMW S1000RR.

Leicestershire based Hawk Racing has confirmed at the Motorcycle show at Excel today that Michael Dunlop will race for the team at the 2016 Isle of Man TT.

26-year-old Dunlop will ride the BMW S1000RR Superbike on which he domianted the 2014 TT Superbike and Senior TT races.

Dunlop’s 2015 TT campaign for the team was hampered by an injury sustained in the opening race - the Superbike race. Despite this, the Ballymoney rider went on to record his fastest TT lap – 132.515mph –, the second fastest lap in TT history, on the final lap of the Senior TT to finish fifth.

Hawk Racing Team Manager Steve Hicken commented: 'We’re delighted to have Michael back on board for 2016. We know what we have to do to get him back on the top step on the Isle of Man and with a proper lead time to prepare this year we’re looking forward to helping Michael achieve his ambitions.'

The Ballymoney man will also race for the team at the North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix as well as campaigning the team’s Superbike in several British Superbike rounds, including Silverstone and Oulton Park, as a wild card entry.

'I’m coming back to win again,' said Dunlop. 'I gave it my best last year but the Superbike crash wasn’t the best preparation for the Senior. My last lap at the TT reminded everyone what I can do and with these boys behind me I’m ready to race properly again.'

Related Content

IOMTT: Superstock TT race one results
IOMTT: Supersport race 2 and TT Zero results
IOMTT: Sidecar race 2 and Lightweight TT results
IOMTT: Supersport race 1 results
IOMTT: Superstock race 1 results

Click here for full story...