ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

View Poll Results: Is the purchase of the 2 Bros Slip on for 299.00 worth it?
Yes 11 52.38%
No 10 47.62%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #1
addy126
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

2 Brothers Aluminum Slip

Waffling on changing out the stock can (2009 N-250) for 2 Brothers Aluminum can.... Retail Price on New 299.00 shipping free... is the value worth the posted retail price guyz?
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #2
CodE-E
Ninja Newbie

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): EX250K9

I don't know about the 2 Brothers slip-on in particular, but I think just about every slip-on makes the Ninja's original exhaust sound so much better.

Since I've gotten my Remus Hexacone exhaust, I enjoy riding my Ninja 10 times as much! So yeah, a good slip-on for a few hundred bucks is definitely worth it imho.
CodE-E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #3
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

300 is the average, go for it you wont be disappointed. Increase in get up and go immediately without mods to the carb/air filter as well.
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Angel-be-Good
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '11 Street Triple R

Would you like your bike to sound like this?

Link to original page on YouTube.

Consider getting the P1 Powertip with it, the exhaust is pretty loud. I get a lot of compliments on mine.

Old August 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Cali619
Giggity Giggity

Name: Ryam

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250R aka Hiryu

sounds nice , cool video Ryan
Facebook DY Fender chop, Danmoto CB slip-on w/baffle, Airbox removed, Kleen-air removed, shimmed needles, Mikuni #117.5 Main jets, K&N RU-1822 air filter pods
Cali619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

/moved to 08+ tech

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #7
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

I have the Two brothers exhaust in carbon fiber, its definitley better than the stock and safer because people will actually hear you. I have not ever ridden with the stock exhasust but I've heard other peoples and its not very loud... I got it for free with the bike so I can't comment about price.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 16th, 2009, 01:17 PM   #8
Daeldren
two wheel addict

Name: Kenneth

Motorcycle(s): 94 xlh 883, 1984 kawi gpz money pit

There are a few more companies coming out with exhaust around the $300.00 price point such as the new Level One Racing exhaust and the Hotbodies MGP exhaust, I guess the Two Bros is priced competitively but I would personally prefer the LOR in satin black over it.
Daeldren is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #9
novak2k9
ninjette.org member

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r

I paid much more in retail so that's a very good deal. The exhaust sound is superior compared to quite stock.

The issue is mine does make a popping sound but since yesterday my 08 dies on idle so I think i need to have my carbs checked. The bike sat for 4 months not riding.
novak2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 17th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #10
addy126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-be-Good View Post
Would you like your bike to sound like this?

Link to original page on YouTube.

Consider getting the P1 Powertip with it, the exhaust is pretty loud. I get a lot of compliments on mine.

I've watched your utube a few times last month, its part of my decision making factor in choosing the 2 Bros. I'm tryin to stay away from jetting, carb, etc. I'm really hating slippin around cagers unannounced and surprising them last minute or their inert ability to cut me off when I'm in that passing lane. Thank you guyz for your input.

Old August 17th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #11
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

The TBR can is hands down the loudest. That may be your thing, may not. It's not "Obnoxious Harley Straight Pipe" loud, but it's the 250cc equavilent. Even the little things that go in the end of the exhaust to lower the sound 3-5 db (they call them powertips) are a waste of your $30. The slash cut ones does NOTHING, and the straight one is only good for 1-2 db.

Wear ear plugs if you have a TBR can. The guys I ride with even say it's obnoxiously loud.

Did I mention that the TBR can is hands down the loudest out there (short of race only exhausts)?

I bought my can used, from a guy that had only about 15 hours on it ONLY because the price was right and it was available. That, and I was able to get away with not rejetting right away, and simply raising the needles two washers was enough. There are several other pipes out there that are in the same price range and have the same advantages offer a much better, and less loud, sound.

If I had to do it all over again, I would have saved my money and invested later in a better, quieter can. I still might, but the word is out on the TBR cans and they don't sell used for anywhere near what they cost new (or gently used, for that matter).

Save up some more money, and get a better quality, slightly quieter, pipe. For me, the loudness of the TBR weighs in the negative MUCH more than any other positive that I've gotten from it.

If you do get a polished aluminum one, invest in some old tshirts and some Meguiers aluminum mag polish. Works like a champ to clean up those inevitible scuffs from road debris. The first time that I cleaned mine, it shined up nicer than new.

Oh, and the anodized end caps sun fade VERY quickly.

Old August 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #12
NoobNinja
WTFBBQ?!

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

dude i just picked up a aluminum tb slip on and i love it. it is def louder than stock. alot louder. ppl turn heads now thinkin its something big lol. i picked it up for 250 from a chick trying to sell her ninja locally. tried to con her out of the seat cowl but she wasnt having it. i dont know about 300 but if it's new and you like it than go for it. or just save up and get a full with a jet kit.

Old August 17th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #13
sugarbear
ninjette.org member

Name: Carol

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2004 BMW 1150RT

I have the 2 Bros Carbon Fiber full exhaust. It was already on the bike when I bought it, so I didn't know what the stock exhaust sounded like. Took some getting used to, but I like it. (Just make sure to get some good ear plugs if you get one!) Makes the Ninja sound mean and nasty. People are usually surprised at that big throaty sound coming from my Baby Blue Ninjette.
sugarbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 20th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #14
addy126

Thanx for your input guyz.... much appreciated!