ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 17th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #1
headshrink
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r, '14 CBR500r

Anyone have trouble finding EBC HH Sintered Brake Pads?

I placed an order at CCP on 6/23 for two pairs of EBC Double-H Sintered Metal Brake Pads.

Once I ordered and paid for them, I got the standard 'back order' email reply a COUPLE days later with a delivery date of.... TBD. Nice! I then wait almost 1 1/2 weeks and inquire on the status, and was told the estimated "release date" from the manufacturer was now 7/7, plus 7-10 days for delivery.... which would be today (counting weekend). Since I hadn't gotten an email notification that they were sent, I inquired yesterday on their status, and got a reply today. The NEW estimated release date is 8/13! Is anyone else having difficulty acquiring these pads?

This is the second time I have had to wait a significant amount of time for an item that I ordered from this vendor. The first was the seat cowl, which granted, was at the time also in high demand.... I understand the principles of supply and demand, but what cheeses me off is when I place an order (and PAY for it) before knowing the retailer not only doesn't have it, but can't get it and doesn't know when they will! I would have canceled right then and there, but they were shipping the rest of my order, which consisted of little stuff (bolts) that I was waiting to order with bigger stuff due to high shipping costs. It seemed like a waste at that point to go somewhere else and pay the shipping on the $5-10 worth of fasteners in addition to shipping pads from a different vender.

I have always been polite to them, and they with me, so no complaints with that end of customer service, but this is really frustrating... especially since my pads are getting low enough that I MAY have to run down to the dealer for pads (yuck). When I was shopping, I did find a vendor that listed supply in stock (they had 3), but I opted to save a couple bucks and didn't go with them..... but then again I thought I would be receiving them within a week.

I think I will be looking elsewhere from now on, giving preference to retailers that actually have a warehouse and can assure your item is in stock. I SUSPECT that CCP doesn't, who knows.... but they sure don't let you know upfront if they have it.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2009, 05:54 PM   #2
kkim

I wouldn't have gone back the second time.

I always ask if the product is in stock w/ any vendor I place an order with. If not, I keep looking to avoid the exact scenario you're dealing with now.

CCP=???
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 17th, 2009, 06:08 PM   #3
headshrink

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

CCP=???
cheap cycle parts

Old July 18th, 2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

cyclebrakes.com is the only place to order brake parts. Usually the cheapest, and they distribute EBC and other stuff to others direct from the importer. If cyclebrakes ain't got it, no one has it. If it's backordered, cyclebrakes is likely to have it first.

And to answer your question, yes, there has been a shortage of current model 250 EBC pads since the spring. They can't keep up with demand.

Old July 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM   #5
headshrink

cyclebrakes was the other place I looked at.... they may not have had the bolts I wanted, I don't remember.
But, they will be the place I go to next time.

Old July 18th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #6
ladyninja08
ninjette.org member

Name: Christine

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black ninja 250r

iI ordered mine 7/2/09 and was told they were on backorder till 7/15/09 and still have not received them By the sounds of this they cant keep up with the demand.
ladyninja08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 19th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #7
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Yup, summer demand and the fact that they're a new design and the 08s are aging/getting enough miles to require replacement has spiked demand since the spring. If you're getting a jump on needing pads, and don't have to have some RIGHT NOW, the EBC HH pads are worth waiting for for the front. For the rear, stockers are just fine.

Old July 20th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #8
camaroz1985

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Ordered mine beginning of June from Bike Bandit, and had them within a week.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 21st, 2009, 11:58 PM   #9
headshrink

Still waiting..... need brakes NOW!!!

Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:11 AM   #10
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

When I first read this post, I placed an order with CycleBrakes.com for 2 sets, and got 'em a little over a week later.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2009, 10:54 AM   #11
headshrink

I should have too....

I went there last night to pick-up an emergency set of anything, but had trouble with their site... new format I guess, but it was funky and I am not exactly internet stupid.

I ended up ordering a set of galfers last night from bikebandit because they had it in stock.

Old August 22nd, 2009, 04:46 PM   #12
Mo1981
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ebony Ninja 250R

Called Dennis Kirk a cpl weeks ago and got the last set they had in stock.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mo1981 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 22nd, 2009, 07:51 PM   #13
ladyninja08
ninjette.org member

Name: Christine

Motorcycle(s): 2011 black ninja 250r

Finally got mine today!! Ordered thru dealer on 7/2/09
ladyninja08 is offline   Reply With Quote