Old August 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #81
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honko View Post
Haha, I went to McDonalds once on my bike and when I got there I ordered a meal but before I paid I was like wait, what the hell am I supposed to do with the drink, so I nixxed the drink.
What kind of soda was it?

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:19 PM   #82
oblivion007
"scandal!"

Name: Adan

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R(Crashed 2/26/2014), 09 ER6n

Big ol bag of chips I didn't want to squish with bungee cords, so put it under the rear seat above the rear tire.

Ended up losing about 5 + chips on the way home. Besides that, big bag of cat food.
oblivion007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM   #83
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

On the Ninja? Wood. I think I've carried some weirder things on other bikes, but I can't remember right now.
Here's my bike on a camping trip:

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #84
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

That is awesome!!

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #85
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R

I can't even compete here. The strangest things I've carried are Taco Bell, my Ruger 9mm, and a drunk blonde. Those weren't even at the same time. I'm gonna go strap some **** to my bike and go for a ride.

Old August 10th, 2011, 03:12 AM   #86
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Not me personally, but a friend was working in Africa and saw a guy hauling a casket. It was tied across the back. The guy stopped at a red light and had the look of doom when he stopped. Sorry, no photos because he couldn't get the camera out in time.

Me, I just use my luggage rack and top case. I love it, but it looks like its costing me 5 mpg.

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #87
_MyStory
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Shopping bag full of junk food on left handle bar. Was only a 5min trip back home =)
_MyStory is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #88
"A"
vampire

Name: A

Motorcycle(s): 2 many 2 list

"A" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM   #89
oroboros
GDTRFB

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 - sold 2005 EX500R project

Dig the Sherpa "A"

Skippii, you are special

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:29 PM   #90
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

A looong time ago when I became of drinking age and after spending about 2 hours drinking beer at a bar, I needed one for the road. So I stuffed an open quart beer bottle in my bluejean jacket. Swilled on that thing on my way home laughing all the way. Can you imagine what that bottle would have done to me in a crash? Hazard the thought!!
Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #91
DarC
DUCEATR

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): RVT1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill N View Post
A looong time ago when I became of drinking age and after spending about 2 hours drinking beer at a bar, I needed one for the road. So I stuffed an open quart beer bottle in my bluejean jacket. Swilled on that thing on my way home laughing all the way. Can you imagine what that bottle would have done to me in a crash? Hazard the thought!!
Bill
2001 SP1 RC51- #62 -Akrapovic Ti, PCIII, Colin Edward's first baby tooth, Honda Racing sticker, some Japanese doods best attempt at Engrish scribbled on my engine block, little touch of soul.
DarC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 04:43 PM   #92
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

A potted plant, fedora, change of clothes, textbooks, and wedge heels all at the same time. :X
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #93
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

I bought my dad some vent visors for his truck; I bought the package in town and made the 15 mile trip home with a 4ft x 1ft x 3inch package wedged between my book bag and my back. It was quite the sight .

I even met a fellow biker with an 02 zx-7s at autozone when I bought my dad's gift; he thought my bike was a 600 . He told me his gf had an 04 250 and he helped her out with jetting; new exhaust, etc. which I thought was kinda cool . btw, his bike looked pretty damn good for an 02; he said he got it with 3,200 miles for $2000 .

Old August 12th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #94
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Bill
I take it you did not take the MSF course? Were you in FL at the time? Doesn't FL have open container laws that apply to motor vehicles?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #95
A7xschecter6661

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
I carried a full set of golf clubs in their bag over my shoulder with the bag part resting on the rear seat.

Steve
I was going to post for my dad saying he strapped 2 clubs to the back and to the front frame slider but carrying the whole bag definitely beats that! lol
A7xschecter6661 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 04:04 AM   #96
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Bill
Definition of . Unbelievable.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 04:43 AM   #97
n4mwd

Quote:
Bill
Definitely a bad idea. Don't drink and ride period. Even one beer, although legal, can still impact your reaction time on a bike and cause you to have an unhappy experience. When that cager turns in front of you, that extra second of reaction time may make all the difference.

As far as legalities, it depends on how loooong ago it was. It was legal to drive drunk in Florida until about 1970 or so.

Old August 13th, 2011, 06:36 AM   #98
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Green 2011 SE 52yo Geezer

Here's a picture I took in Philippines. Probably in Cebu, but maybe Bohol.

JoeLansing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 07:04 AM   #99
Daniel_Malloy
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Not that mine would beat any of the previously mentioned posts, but it was interesting nontheless. I once stuffed a scuba mask, snorkel, wetsuit, towel, change of clothes, and a pair of fins and booties in my backpack. Only problem was the fins were so huge that they stuck straight up out of my pack even with the top of my head! Made for an interesting drive to go scuba diving. Just glad I didn't have to bring all my gear!
Daniel_Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:46 AM   #100
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

At a trackday a few years ago, I needed to get ice from the concession stand over to where we were pitted. Truck and trailer are all unloaded, so can't drive that. So I take the bike over. I put the two bags of ice over each handlebar, one on each (I think they were 8 lb bags). I slowly ride it back through the lot, but as I turn gently in the lot, the bags start swaying back and forth. One of them then hits the bodywork of the bike hard enough while swaying to break part of the top fairing. Oops.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 09:31 AM   #101
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
At a trackday a few years ago, I needed to get ice from the concession stand over to where we were pitted. Truck and trailer are all unloaded, so can't drive that. So I take the bike over. I put the two bags of ice over each handlebar, one on each (I think they were 8 lb bags). I slowly ride it back through the lot, but as I turn gently in the lot, the bags start swaying back and forth. One of them then hits the bodywork of the bike hard enough while swaying to break part of the top fairing. Oops.
Sorry to hear ice was so mean to your bike.

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #102
greatwhiteninja
Ridin Dirty

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): 2011 white se 250r , 2008 zx6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpsiguy View Post
Well, I carried my dog for over 30 k miles on my Goldwings. She is a great rider. She weighs about 40lbs....just a mutt She is now 17 and hasn't ridden in a few years. She always gives me dirty looks when I leave on the bike and I don't take her. She learned to look around me and lean in the curves. I wish I could take her on my other bikes, but there is just not enough room.
thats awesome !
greatwhiteninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #103
noche_caliente

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

My daughter is still breastfeeding, and I had to ride to work yesterday, so I had my breast pump tucked away safely in the saddlebag... I'm probably the first one with that claim

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #104
Ichiro
ninjette.org member

Name: Ichiro

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250r(sold). 2013 Kymco Super8 150

When I was living in Thailand, it was not unusual for me to carry three bags of groceries, two pillowcases full of fresh laundry, six pressed shirts on hangers, a 10 gallon water jug and a gym bag on my 100cc Honda Dream.

Here in So. Cal on my Ninja I've only carried what I can fit in my backpack. If I have more, I take the car. When in Rome...
Ichiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:22 AM   #105
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I carried a plunger home tied to the back seat of my GSXR once. It looked like it was suctioned to my ass. Must have been funny for people to see. lol

Also carried a cot home one time in it's big 'ol bag and another time carried my bass guitar on my back.

Seen a guy with a big TV tied on the back seat one day I don't even know how in the world he kept it on there. I was amazed. Bikers are crazy.

Used to fill the saddlebags on the GSXR with groceries once a week, sometimes had to carry a couple home on the handlebars when the bags were overflowing. Frozen pizzas tied to the back seat handle in plastic bags and such. When you don't have a car and only a bike I'd imagine this is the norm for many people.

There is some guy driving around LA/Hollywood that has a front seat on his motorcycle that his dog sits on while he rides around on the back seat. It's funny as hell. I saw him on the freeway once. It's like a big cruiser with big bars. The dog is HUGE too I almost didn't believe it.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 11:31 AM   #106
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Aside from all the crap piled on that thing, That has to be one of the better looking motorcycles I've ever seen..

I would definitely ride that like I stole it.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2011, 01:18 PM   #107
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Bad carrying 101. I had a walkman in my shirt pocket once. I wanted to fiddle with it. I moved my left hand to my right grip so I could fiddle with it using my *good* hand. My steering was bass ackwards. I went down in a pile of high speed gravel dust. I was on my way to work so when I got there my knees, elbows, and palms had running blood. I was only driving a 12 speed back in '78 or so, but I'll never forget it. Both hands on the correct grips and don't fiddle with stuff.. Maybe this is why MSF wants us to be good on a bicycle first?
- Joe

Old August 13th, 2011, 08:41 PM   #108
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
Bad carrying 101. I had a walkman in my shirt pocket once. I wanted to fiddle with it. I moved my left hand to my right grip so I could fiddle with it using my *good* hand. My steering was bass ackwards. I went down in a pile of high speed gravel dust. I was on my way to work so when I got there my knees, elbows, and palms had running blood. I was only driving a 12 speed back in '78 or so, but I'll never forget it. Both hands on the correct grips and don't fiddle with stuff.. Maybe this is why MSF wants us to be good on a bicycle first?
- Joe
I win.

Old August 14th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #109
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by noche_caliente View Post
My daughter is still breastfeeding, and I had to ride to work yesterday, so I had my breast pump tucked away safely in the saddlebag... I'm probably the first one with that claim
New sig for you, Noche . . .

Progrip tank pad, blue rim stripes, blue Pazzos, Roaring Toyz lowering kit, Puig DB in dark smoke, Cortech sport tail, super mini tank, and saddlebags, OES swingarm spools, intuitive frame sliders, integrated Medela Freestyle breast pump.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2011, 02:44 PM   #110
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Definitely a bad idea. Don't drink and ride period. Even one beer, although legal, can still impact your reaction time on a bike and cause you to have an unhappy experience. When that cager turns in front of you, that extra second of reaction time may make all the difference.

As far as legalities, it depends on how loooong ago it was. It was legal to drive drunk in Florida until about 1970 or so.
Geeze the original post asked about the weirdest thing you carried. It wasn't qualified as weirdest but "safe and smart". No it meant to be a fun thread where people might open up and admit to the weird and maybe the unwise decision. Your lecture is valid but not to me as I decided 45 years ago to not drive after ANY alcohol consumption resulting in a few hundred thousand miles on the motorcycle with zero accidents. While not a member of ABATE or any organization I preach and practice motorcycle safety on a daily basis, but I will admit to previous mistakes and retain a sense of humor for those that own up to mistakes made in the past. I humbly ask readers to let this very interesting thread proceed without passing judgement on the contributers. Bill

Old August 14th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #111
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Fair point. The topic of this thread is much more interesting and entertaining than if we limited it to "the weirdest things we've carried on our ninjettes in the past week, and would still consider it safe to do it again next week".

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 14th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #112
n4mwd

Quote:
Geeze the original post asked about the weirdest thing you carried. It wasn't qualified as weirdest but "safe and smart". No it meant to be a fun thread where people might open up and admit to the weird and maybe the unwise decision. Your lecture is valid but not to me as I decided 45 years ago to not drive after ANY alcohol consumption resulting in a few hundred thousand miles on the motorcycle with zero accidents. While not a member of ABATE or any organization I preach and practice motorcycle safety on a daily basis, but I will admit to previous mistakes and retain a sense of humor for those that own up to mistakes made in the past. I humbly ask readers to let this very interesting thread proceed without passing judgement on the contributers. Bill
I'm glad to hear that you no longer drink and drive. That's always the smart decision. However, in all fairness, you can't trivialize a drinking and riding incident and expect not to get smacked. The story wasn't funny, it was disturbing. I wasn't the only one that had a problem with it. And you're right, the evils of riding drunk is for a different thread.

Old August 15th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #113
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I wish I'd taken a photo, but there were guys on motorcycles carrying Styrofoam all the time when I lived in Shanghai. Here is a similar photo of what it looks like on a bicycle:

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM   #114
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
I wish I'd taken a photo, but there were guys on motorcycles carrying Styrofoam all the time when I lived in Shanghai.
I have a picture of guys delivering bread in Philippines someplace but I can't find it. I'm not sure what was on the other one here I posted. I want to say Noodles (think Ramen) but it is colored. Amazing what they can get on a 125cc Kawasaki which is the normal commercial bike there. Anyways. Back on topic. What I have carried that was weird. Do dates count?
- Joe

Old August 15th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #115
Felipe the Ant
ninjette.org sage

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R SE GREEN!

That's a hot date!
Felipe the Ant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #116
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe the Ant View Post
That's a hot date!
She was a sweetie. This was a date that drank too much. We didn't last, she was such a cow

Yes, that's a live cow. - Joe

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:26 PM   #117
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Glad to see this thread is back on track. Some great pictures and I'm saving all of them. Maybe I'll use them for a safety course that emphasizes: "These pictures represent what professionals can do...Don't try this at home."
Bill

Old August 15th, 2011, 05:58 PM   #118
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Glad to see this thread is back on track. Some great pictures and I'm saving all of them. Maybe I'll use them for a safety course that emphasizes: "These pictures represent what professionals can do...Don't try this at home."
Bill
As you can tell from my last date photo I have thoroughly instructed my pillion on how to lean into the left turn I was approaching and she is wearing full leather. Don't show this to PETA!
- Joe

Old August 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM   #119
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLansing View Post
As you can tell from my last date photo I have thoroughly instructed my pillion on how to lean into the left turn I was approaching and she is wearing full leather. Don't show this to PETA!
- Joe
Tis true...she's well protected. Glad to know safety is your concern.
Bill

Old August 30th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #120
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Words are not needed for this picture

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote