ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old August 9th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Suave
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Dogs on the road? not a fan...

So I was coming back from Foothills Parkway on 129, beside Walker School rd and a dog darted into the road from a field... Well, there were cars to my left and a ditch on my right, and I figured I'd definitely crash if I hit the dog so I tried to stop and my back tire was slidin' every which way. Well, my tire got traction when it my bike was a little sideways and I high-sided... It's not all the fun it's made out to be. Somehow my exhaust and my helmet don't have a scratch on them but it tore my sleeve on my jacket (which by the way absorbed the impact very nicely; I was able to get right up as soon as I stopped sliding). I got some rash on my knee but all-in-all I completely lucked out. My bike does have scuffs on the left side, and it busted my mirror and turn signals :/ but all that is fixable!

Old August 9th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Ouch! Glad you're OK. Sounds like a you did lock up your rear wheel, something that you really need to try and avoid at all costs. I'm sure the dog appreciates you not nailing him.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #3
ManyCavies
ninjette.org sage

Name: Crissy

Motorcycle(s): . . . . . . . 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS800 "Suzi", 2008 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 "Yoshi"

OMG I'm glad you are ok.
Love my dogs, but don't allow them to roam.
I hate passing farm dogs, I just know they will come after me.
Learned in MSF to change speed so they can't calculate your speed as well as if you are traveling at a set speed.

Old August 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #4
Suave
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Ouch! Glad you're OK. Sounds like a you did lock up your rear wheel, something that you really need to try and avoid at all costs. I'm sure the dog appreciates you not nailing him.
Yea, i had locked up the back wheel before and I did what they said in the msf course and held the the brake till I stopped and it worked out fine; this time, not so well. I think everything together will cost me $150 to fix if I want, not sure if Im gonna get the fairing painted or not. I know a guy who will sand and paint it for $100 but he can't guarantee that the black will match up a replacement fairing is $250ish I think... I can easily live with it before I buy a replacement

Old August 13th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #5
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Green 2011 SE 52yo Geezer

On my pedal bike I carry a long METAL frame pump to whack dogs with. On my motorcycle I only have a pistol. I've hit 2 so far with the frame pump over 15 years. One was actually a knockout. Nothing yet on the Ninja thank god. If the owner won't control their dog, I will.
- Joe
JoeLansing is offline   Reply With Quote