ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old September 11th, 2023, 01:44 PM   #1
44Dwarf
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): Kaws, yam, ducati, husky, NSU what i don't own is shorter list

Anyone gone the individual carburetors route?

Has anyone on here swapped to individual carbs like CRs or PWK air strikers?
If so would you share what size, model, and jetting baseline?

We have two 250's here one with carbs that the PO dropped and busted an ear off the diaphragm mount area and another that the carbs have been apart so many times by unskilled labor their plane trashed with stripped bowls screws and scars in the pilot jet tunnel. I happen to have some PWK's laying around but might go china stock ebay replacement route if need be.

Thank you for your time.
44Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 11th, 2023, 02:11 PM   #2
Triple Jim
Guy Who Enjoys Riding

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

MOTM - Oct '18, Aug '17, Aug '16
Don't overlook getting ducatiman here to restore the originals to factory condition. I think you'll have to do a lot of jetting to get anything to work as well as the stock carbs.
Triple Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old September 11th, 2023, 02:23 PM   #3
DallasDude
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Pregen 250

If you get the china eBay carbs you’ll need to swap over the throttle cable holder from the oem carbs as the Chinese throttle cable holder is too small. ( I have a set of unused Chinese carbs) if you do go the Chinese carb route and it works please do come back here to report if they worked with stock jetting as there is no info online about them. Another option is buy some better condition used carbs on eBay then have those rebuilt and cleaned might run 400-500 total including the used oem carb purchase and cleaning rebuilding. If you go stock oem carbs and want to tune and jet just one time here’s a setup that’s been working for me. Oem carbs. Dynojet needles. Clip position 4 from top. One washer on top of clip. Uni air filter inside stock airbox. Stock exhaust. Dynojet dj94 main jets. Oem pilot jets. No holes drilled anywhere on carb. Pulls hard through the whole powerband.

Last futzed with by DallasDude; September 11th, 2023 at 05:19 PM.
DallasDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 13th, 2023, 05:52 AM   #4
44Dwarf
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): Kaws, yam, ducati, husky, NSU what i don't own is shorter list

Thanks, DD for the jetting info.
Sent you a pm.

I've got limited time to get this thing going, it will be tuned on a water brake load center with a wide band o2 but it goes quicker if you start with a known start point. Who knows maybe will hang some Lecton's on it I've got plenty of good non CV's carbs.
For the record, I like CV carbs when usable. I've even run one on a V8, Predator was the brand back in the day. A big cube.
44Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2023, 01:26 PM   #5
punishum808
ninjette.org member

Name: Tracy

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki JPN Katana 750 , 1994 Suzuki Pro Stock Motorcycle , 2001 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Dwarf View Post
Has anyone on here swapped to individual carbs like CRs or PWK air strikers?
If so would you share what size, model, and jetting baseline?

We have two 250's here one with carbs that the PO dropped and busted an ear off the diaphragm mount area and another that the carbs have been apart so many times by unskilled labor their plane trashed with stripped bowls screws and scars in the pilot jet tunnel. I happen to have some PWK's laying around but might go china stock ebay replacement route if need be.

Thank you for your time.
Have used CRs but haven't fired up the one off Lectrons yet.
Stick to the name and known brands. They cost what they do cause they work and perform at the highest levels.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250Motor5.jpg (137.5 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 250 motor 2.jpg (117.5 KB, 2 views)
punishum808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 15th, 2023, 01:28 PM   #6
punishum808
ninjette.org member

Name: Tracy

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki JPN Katana 750 , 1994 Suzuki Pro Stock Motorcycle , 2001 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Don't overlook getting ducatiman here to restore the originals to factory condition. I think you'll have to do a lot of jetting to get anything to work as well as the stock carbs.
And Jim is correct, Duc Man delivers the goods. He cleaned and got up to new with the CR's i posted with the pic. Duc Man is worth every penny and getting your OEM stuff up and running is way better than gambling on some no name specials.
punishum808 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.