ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 19th, 2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Name: Leo

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 2010 (Sold), 2013 Ninja 300!!

just another dealership story

when i first went to a dealership to take a look at the ninja's i was offended. so here i was, 19, 5'6, 140lbs in this place sitting on bikes and looking at prices and all i get is stares and passed. all the other customers were approcched and helped and talked with, but no not me. i woulda went to the other dealership but its 2 hours away compared to 45 mins away.
so after about 20 mins of sitting on bikes and asking what my girl thinks i decide on the lonely blue ninja sitting by the door looking all sexy. and i try to get help..but no one..so i kind of just walk around looking for help. ( the one sales guy who walked by me was no where to be found) so i found some dude at this counter and ask for some service. well the sales guy comes and just looks at me and my 5' girl and takes us as a joke. untill i tell him i pay 4 grand in cash up front for this bike and take it with me. theeen all of a sudden he is mu best friend. he was so nice he threw in a 7$ lock and 10 dollar straps.. so nice of him :|
well turns out he didnt take me seriously cause when i come to pick it up it aint even ready..well aint that..
i have to get he next day...
..hmmm customer service anyone?

Old October 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #2
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Money talks.

Actually, I think it's even worse at car dealerships. I went to many dealerships with my dad to 'browse' for cars and nobody is even interested in you unless you have a checkbook in hand.

At a Honda dealership (the only dealership I've ever been to) they were kinda friendly. A little too much maybe? I walked into the door and they said hi to me just as I enter like the lady is just standing in front of the door just for people to drop by and all of a sudden, all eyes are on me.

The lady asked me what kind of bike I was interested in. I said a sportbike, 250. Basically asked for my phone # so they could tell me if they had any 250's come in. That was in August and I never got a call. Not that I was expecting one or that I originally wanted a CBR250r, but I'm kind of surprised that they never got any. Or maybe they're just selling as soon as they get in the door.

Was the Ninja you bought new? What year is it?
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #3
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Yeah, dealerships can be a b*tch, but you have to remember that they get A LOT of people coming in & just sitting on the bikes, looking interested but not actually buying sh*t.
It happens, man. Don't take it to heart. Same thing happened to me when I was buying my first car.

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heed View Post
Money talks.

At a Honda dealership (the only dealership I've ever been to) they were kinda friendly. A little too much maybe? I walked into the door and they said hi to me just as I enter like the lady is just standing in front of the door just for people to drop by. Basically asked for my phone # so they could tell me if they had any 250's come in. That was in August and I never got a call. Not that I was expecting one or that I wanted a CBR250r, but I'm kind of surprised that they never got any.

Was the Ninja you bought new? What year is it?
i got a 2010 ninja (in 08/2011)with only 4 miles, on sale (not much) sense the 2012s just came out.

and about the honda dealership: *at least they talked to you as you walked in lol. i didnt even get a hi untill i waved 100s in the air lol

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #5
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
The dealership's employees that I went to were much nicer.

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #6
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_Green_Demon View Post
Yeah, dealerships can be a b*tch, but you have to remember that they get A LOT of people coming in & just sitting on the bikes, looking interested but not actually buying sh*t.
It happens, man. Don't take it to heart. Same thing happened to me when I was buying my first car.
yea true. thats why i wanted to pay in cash all down. which wih a car i probably cant do lol

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Heed

I'm 19 too. Also about 5'6 and a generous 135 lbs. I wonder if I can flat-foot the Ninja 250. I need to sit on the damn bike already.

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM   #8
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Quote:
I'm 19 too. Also about 5'6 and a generous 135 lbs. I wonder if I can flat-foot the Ninja 250. I need to sit on the damn bike already.
Yeah. You will. If anything, your heels will be slightly off the floor. It matters more of your inseam? Mine is 32. I'm 5'7" and 130-135 pounds. That's not generous at all lol

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #9
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
i can flatfoot. its one of the big reason i chose the 250

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #10
Heed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Yeah. You will. If anything, your heels will be slightly off the floor. It matters more of your inseam? Mine is 32. I'm 5'7" and 130-135 pounds. That's not generous at all lol
No idea what an inseam is lol.

educate me

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #11
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
http://www.precisiontandems.com/inseam.htm

Your inseam is the length of the inside of your legs. You can be 5'0",and if you somehow have an inseam of 30", you could still sit on the Ninjette easily. Your height doesn't matter, your inseam does.

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #12
Bill N
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 250 Ninja

Several years ago my son in his mid twenties but who looked much younger was totally ignored by the salesmen in a Dodge Truck dealership. Little did they know he was a chemical engineer with a masters degree and a high paying job. So it seems salemen don't pay much attention to the younger buyers. I'm sure many sales have been lost due to this factor.
For me I avoid the floor salesmen. Instead my best purchase was calling the salesmanagers of several store on the phone. My line was I will buy X bike but I'm comparing out the door prices between local dealers. Dealer A offered $xxxx.00, what will you offer. After several phone calls I found a bottom price that no one could beat. Bought the bike at a very discounted price. Obviously this only works in a metropolitan area where dealers are in competition. If I ever buy another new bike I'll use the same tactic. Bill
Bill N is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #13
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

i've been to a bike stealership like that before. total douches not caring to say anything to you. never going to buy anything there that's for sure.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #14
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I drove 45 minutes to the next dealership because the one 10 minutes away ignored me twice. They lost a sale and all of my future business.

When the dealer I bought my bike from went out of business I found another one about 25-30 minutes away and I now go there for anything I need.

A story:

My mom went into a Cadillac dealership 4 years ago and wanted to buy a loaded CTS-V. She was all set to buy it after taking the test drive. Then the salesman said, "I don't think you can afford a car like this." to her. Walked out the door and into the Chrysler dealership next door. Drive off that same day in a loaded 300c SRT8. She was more than capable if buying any car she wanted and the sexist salesman cost the dealership a 60k sale.
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #15
Heed

^lmao what a dumb move by the salesman.

I would have said "you're probably right", leave and buy a CTS-V from different dealer.

and if he didn't think she could afford it then why would they even let you test drive it?

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #16
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

It happens the other way too!

There is a dealership in Indianapolis that caters to the young and squidley. The last time (literally) I went in there, I couldn't get someone to spit on me. I had a pocket full of cash and was looking for leather gear, but I guess I looked to old and responsible.

The douche-nozzle with Sideshow Bob hair wearing a wife-beater was flocked with employees trying to find a cheaper version of the $4 part he was looking at.
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #17
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Squids gonna squid.

Old October 19th, 2011, 01:57 PM   #18
Lil_Green_Demon
Winging It In Life

Name: Umar

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R; 2011 250R (sold)

Quote:

I would have said "you're probably right", leave and buy a CTS-V from different dealer.

and if he didn't think she could afford it then why would they even let you test drive it?
Dealerships check a person's credit history to determine whether or not any bank will give a huge loan to the individual.
I do not want to jump to any conclusions, so I'm not going to say that's true about Mazakawi's mom.

Old October 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #19
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

Quote:
Dealerships check a person's credit history to determine whether or not any bank will give a huge loan to the individual.
I do not want to jump to any conclusions, so I'm not going to say that's true about Mazakawi's mom.
I cant imagine any responsible adult walking in to a cadillac dealership with the intent of buying a fully loaded CTS-V, not having an excellent credit rating and at least 15-20% down payment. of course, I have a terrible imagination. LOL
burningscooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #20
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy250r View Post
It happens the other way too!

There is a dealership in Indianapolis that caters to the young and squidley. The last time (literally) I went in there, I couldn't get someone to spit on me. I had a pocket full of cash and was looking for leather gear, but I guess I looked to old and responsible.

The douche-nozzle with Sideshow Bob hair wearing a wife-beater was flocked with employees trying to find a cheaper version of the $4 part he was looking at.
Are you talking about the Flatout on E Washington?!?!?!?
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #21
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazakawi View Post
I drove 45 minutes to the next dealership because the one 10 minutes away ignored me twice. They lost a sale and all of my future business.

When the dealer I bought my bike from went out of business I found another one about 25-30 minutes away and I now go there for anything I need.

e.
i would of to but it was two hours in the opposite direction

Old October 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #22
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Def gone into a dealership and they tried to sell me cars without knowing my credit score... which is a 780 when they checked not bad for 23

Hopefully no one steals my identity and mess's it up... but I digress.
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM   #23
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
Def gone into a dealership and they tried to sell me cars without knowing my credit score... which is a 780 when they checked not bad for 23

Hopefully no one steals my identity and mess's it up... but I digress.
i dont know my credit score. i always pay out right no credit card. i dont even have one. no debt yet

Old October 19th, 2011, 04:49 PM   #24
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogutierrez17 View Post
i dont know my credit score. i always pay out right no credit card. i dont even have one. no debt yet
Then your credit score is right around 0 lmao.

I work in sales and I always treat every customer as a potential sale, even younger people (GoPhones!). The only time I may try to avoid a customer is if they can hardly speak english, then the sale just becomes to complicated to explain.
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 05:40 PM   #25
Indy250r
ninjette.org member

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): 2011 KTM 990 ADV

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BIG SITT View Post
Are you talking about the Flatout on E Washington?!?!?!?
LOL.

It's a shame, the south store was great.
Indy250r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #26
THE BIG SITT
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I never actually went… I got my bike right before they closed. Sucks too, as that dealer is less than five minutes from my house.
THE BIG SITT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #27
Mazakawi
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by burningscooter View Post
I cant imagine any responsible adult walking in to a cadillac dealership with the intent of buying a fully loaded CTS-V, not having an excellent credit rating and at least 15-20% down payment. of course, I have a terrible imagination. LOL
She was more than capable of affording any car she wanted. It was a sexist comment by a dumb salesman.
Mazakawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #28
Heed

i don't even know what credit score is.

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:48 PM   #29
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
You have so much to learn.

Credit Score

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #30
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heed View Post
i don't even know what credit score is.
lol :d

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #31
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
You have so much to learn.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #32
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #33
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Everyone has room to learn.

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #34
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Same thing happened to me, I decided to look around for other shops, found this other shop 1 and a half hour away from me, and they took care of me. I value customer service a LOT, and I will drive an hour to get it, specially if I'm gonna spend 4k on something
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:18 PM   #35
Kerberos
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Same thing happened to me, I decided to look around for other shops, found this other shop 1 and a half hour away from me, and they took care of me. I value customer service a LOT, and I will drive an hour to get it, specially if I'm gonna spend 4k on something
very very true. my explorer gets 15mpg, 2 hour drive is expensive lol but hen again i dropped 4k on a bike lol

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #36
Heed

whats up with the teapot

damn i am lost today.

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:27 PM   #37
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster