Notices

Old October 6th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #1
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
the meaning of life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYxpxx7e6Yk&t=3s" TARGET="_blank">Link to original page on YouTube.

I would love to have half this control over a motorcycle... I have eyes on the beta x trainer 300 but also have eyes on my grossly inadequate bank account .. anyway, enjoy!

*edit, I dont know how to embed youtube videos

Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old October 6th, 2017, 02:30 PM   #2
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
copy just video ID# from Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYxpxx7e6Yk&t=3s"

Then click Youtube button and paste ID
[ YOUTUBE ]wYxpxx7e6Yk[ /YOUTUBE ]

Link to original page on YouTube.

Amazing stuffs!!!

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2017, 03:35 PM   #3
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Nice. I'm happy just to make it over a log in the woods.

Old October 6th, 2017, 08:34 PM   #4
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
copy just video ID# from Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYxpxx7e6Yk&t=3s"

Then click Youtube button and paste ID
[ YOUTUBE ]wYxpxx7e6Yk[ /YOUTUBE ]

Link to original page on YouTube.

Amazing stuffs!!!

I wouldn't buy a used bike from this guy. He must have to replace his skid plate every miles.

Bill

Old October 21st, 2017, 06:06 AM   #5
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post

I would love to have half this control over a motorcycle... I have eyes on the beta x trainer 300 but also have eyes on my grossly inadequate bank account .. anyway, enjoy!

*edit, I dont know how to embed youtube videos

The beta xtrainer 300 looks like an amazing bike for technical riding and trials type shenanigans. Full sized motor, tamed down for low rev grunt, smaller frame, lower seat, lighter than full sized enduro what is not to like. Rumor is they might be coming out with a 250cc version this year or next. Would love to have either. Almost bought a 300rr from Gaithersburg when i bought my 250x, i was feeling lazy and didn't want to do the drive but been loving the 250x so i think i made the right choice, it's definitely more my style.

I think it is tricky to learn precise technical skills like in this video on a full sized enduro type bike unless you already have a very solid base. The consequences of mistakes when on a full sized bike feel quite real/apparent vs like a trials bike not to mention cost of repairs I have been getting a good bit better at some of my large rock hoping on my 250x but even then you screw up sometimes, everyone does. I botched a rock hop last weekend on a 2.5 ft high square table type rock and bashed my underside of the bike good, made me cringe. I have a good skid plate but thought i destroyed the pipe but it must have just missed, no noticeable damage. Instances like that still make me a little timid when it comes to trying certain obstacles. I want to do it, not worried about getting hurt, just don't want to destroy my bike

With that being said, a solid skill base often begins with a smaller easier to control bike, once mastered there they transfer up to a larger bike quite well. All these newer top pro enduro riders all have a trials riding back ground. They mastered all this stuff on a trials bike before they moved to a full sized enduro.

That 125 drz you have is perfect for working on technical skills, i used to practice on my wifes klx125. They are great for practicing balance especially for wheelies, nose wheelies, pivot turns, log hops you name it. Practice on that 125 they are surprisingly capable and everything is a bit easier with less consequence and it will pay off and the skills will transfer over quite well.

I was jumping fairly large logs on our klx125 with no problem, those bikes are beasts

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2017, 06:54 AM   #6
cbinker
Track Clown

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, 21 MV F3 800, Kawasaki 400 build

MOTM - Sep '15
That is the true meaning of life!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Meaning of Life.jpg (77.1 KB, 5 views)

TEAM ALFALFA
www.apexassassins.com
cbinker is online now   Reply With Quote

Old October 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM   #7
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
The beta xtrainer 300 looks like an amazing bike for technical riding and trials type shenanigans. Full sized motor, tamed down for low rev grunt, smaller frame, lower seat, lighter than full sized enduro what is not to like. Rumor is they might be coming out with a 250cc version this year or next. Would love to have either. Almost bought a 300rr from Gaithersburg when i bought my 250x, i was feeling lazy and didn't want to do the drive but been loving the 250x so i think i made the right choice, it's definitely more my style.

I think it is tricky to learn precise technical skills like in this video on a full sized enduro type bike unless you already have a very solid base. The consequences of mistakes when on a full sized bike feel quite real/apparent vs like a trials bike not to mention cost of repairs I have been getting a good bit better at some of my large rock hoping on my 250x but even then you screw up sometimes, everyone does. I botched a rock hop last weekend on a 2.5 ft high square table type rock and bashed my underside of the bike good, made me cringe. I have a good skid plate but thought i destroyed the pipe but it must have just missed, no noticeable damage. Instances like that still make me a little timid when it comes to trying certain obstacles. I want to do it, not worried about getting hurt, just don't want to destroy my bike

With that being said, a solid skill base often begins with a smaller easier to control bike, once mastered there they transfer up to a larger bike quite well. All these newer top pro enduro riders all have a trials riding back ground. They mastered all this stuff on a trials bike before they moved to a full sized enduro.

That 125 drz you have is perfect for working on technical skills, i used to practice on my wifes klx125. They are great for practicing balance especially for wheelies, nose wheelies, pivot turns, log hops you name it. Practice on that 125 they are surprisingly capable and everything is a bit easier with less consequence and it will pay off and the skills will transfer over quite well.

I was jumping fairly large logs on our klx125 with no problem, those bikes are beasts
I'll keep the drz forever. it's been awesome and takes a beating like it's nothing. I haven't even broken anything on it I wish I could spend more time riding dirt and getting some kind of instruction about how to do things. the carb and pipe that I put on the 125 really made a huge difference in stuff like hopping logs or making it up hill climbs but I still can barely stumble over a 9" log lol
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 22nd, 2017, 05:53 AM   #8
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
like everything just takes practice. Balance/wheelie control helps so definitely work on riding wheelies, covering the rear brake ect...

Other than that for starters just try and treat any small or medium sized log/rock you see as a ramp. Don't think of it as a log, think of it as a very small sharp ramp that begins slightly before the obstacle then the only other thing to do is preload your suspension just before the obstacle to help get the front end up easy and take force of the impact of the front wheel. Ramp off and try and wheelie/stay on the rear wheel over the obstacle and not let the front dive.

Start small and work up, logs are easier on the bike than rocks but typically not as much traction. Get a skid plate if you don't have one, any kind. Nice used ones can be found cheap on ebay. I got a $160 skid plate for my 250x for $45

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote